Bimmerpost
3
&
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Order update.....Uh oh

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-12-2021, 03:38 PM   #89
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
6oclockshadow's Avatar
United_States
154
Rep
108
Posts

Drives: 2021 BMW M340i
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio Luv View Post
That's the thing. While we all understand these option deletions aren't 100% auto or electronic mfgs fault, I was also questioning why the factory won't ship with passenger side internal seat bladders. And when those chips are available again, to have dealers retrofit and activate the lumbar and bolster adjustments. The short answer is either they won't or can't.

And I totally agree with Isow's take on this whole experience. Definitely deflated(pun intended) my enthusiasm and excitement levels on my factory order on an M440i Cabriolet. Cancelled and ended up with a stock unit that the dealer happened to have. A 2nd choice nonetheless as its a coupe and not of the colour combo we ordered for on the Cabriolet. However, its complete with all the options I've wanted and been we've super happy so far with the performance and almost flawless techs with the coupe.
So you ended up with a coupe instead of a convertible, and an interior/exterior color combination that wasn't your first choice over missing bladders in your passenger seat??? That's a HUGE compromise for something you see and experience every day vs. something you-the presumed driver- doesn't see or experience at all. Like cutting your nose off to spite your face...
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 04:29 PM   #90
Makefish
Ex Moddy
Makefish's Avatar
15
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: Mercedes GLC 350d
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
My dealer gives me the four digit codes rather than the three digit ones but I'm assuming both versions are valid?
Does the dealer voluntarily update you with these codes or is it a case of you keeping on at them?
__________________
Waiting patiently for G21 M340i
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 04:47 PM   #91
woody320
Second Lieutenant
76
Rep
240
Posts

Drives: G20 330e M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isow View Post
I think itís great !
Love it.
Absolutely no complaints from me. So what would actually make these people happy?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 05:58 PM   #92
Cabrio Luv
Enlisted Member
Cabrio Luv's Avatar
Canada
29
Rep
40
Posts

Drives: 2021 M440i Cabriolet - on orde
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver Suburb, BC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oclockshadow View Post
So you ended up with a coupe instead of a convertible, and an interior/exterior color combination that wasn't your first choice over missing bladders in your passenger seat??? That's a HUGE compromise for something you see and experience every day vs. something you-the presumed driver- doesn't see or experience at all. Like cutting your nose off to spite your face...
This Tanzanite Blue/Oyster Coupe is a very close 2nd to my ordered Dravit Grey/Cognac Cabriolet. I was also coming up to a lease end on my 2018 C-Class Cabriolet. Can do without another Cab for the next 3 years for now.
I really like the new B58 with mild hybrid setup. Hence this fully loaded Coupe works out great for us, loving it more each day. The deleted passenger side lumbar was a no go with the wife, as she has a bad back and uses this feature all the time esp on road trips. Just a little compromise here! No worries, happy wife happy life.
Plus with the delays since order placed Feb 5 and more uncertainties looming, going this route in my opinion and all others in the family, was a wise one. Our adult kids all love this TB/Oyster colour combo, btw!
Nose is intact, as intact as the new 4 series nose, thank you.
__________________
2007 - 335i RWD Coupe
2010 - Audi Q5; 2012 - Audi A7; 2014 - Audi S7
2018 - Merc C300 Cabriolet
2021 - M440i RWD Cabriolet (cancelled order) Dravit Grey on Cognac
2021 - M440i xDrive Coupe TB/Oyster
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 12:01 AM   #93
bmnut
Captain
bmnut's Avatar
United Kingdom
201
Rep
665
Posts

Drives: Hopefully something soon!
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North East England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makefish View Post
Does the dealer voluntarily update you with these codes or is it a case of you keeping on at them?
Think it depends upon who your dealer is really. Iíve gone with a different dealer for this car after almost 24 years with my more local one (long, complicated story!) and almost 200 miles away so,practically, e-Mail and phone are the only lines of communication. Have to say mind you they appear to be always contactable and we speak on a regular basis, they do regularly update me on the status especially now that itís in build. Thereís a post on here a while back that mentions contacting the ďBMW GeniusĒ through the website by quoting your order number from ďMy configurationĒ although I personally havenít tried that out yet?
Best to just give your supplying dealer a call and ask them directly maybe?
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2021, 12:11 AM   #94
willougs
First Lieutenant
willougs's Avatar
United Kingdom
37
Rep
353
Posts

Drives: BMW 330e
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Southampton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody320 View Post
Absolutely no complaints from me. So what would actually make these people happy?
Wouldn't say I'm unhappy with it. I just don't see/hear what it's given me over and above any of the standand-fit stereos I've had in any of my previous more budget cars.
Its clear enough, but lack of defined bass without distortion, very artificial surround, basic EQs just make it all a bit disappointing. You'd never guess there were two subwoofers under the seats for example.

Considering its probably cost me an extra grand or so as an option (can't remember as was part of a pack) it's just a bit underwhelming and probably not worth the extra costs over the HiFi.

At the time of ordering, HK was on the "must-have" list. If I was to order again, it most definately wouldnt be.
__________________
BMW 330e xDrive ///M Sport
Switch to Octopus Energy for cheaper charging using this link for £50 free credit

Last edited by willougs; 05-13-2021 at 01:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 12:46 AM   #95
Baldy_Bradders
New Member
Baldy_Bradders's Avatar
5
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: BMW G21 MSport Pro & Tech - MG
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: East Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

This is quite disheartening to read, I have just ordered a BMW 330e Tourer with the Pro & Tech Pack in Mineral Grey. Now obviously with the Tech Pack you get the HK upgrade, but BMW may not be able supply this?

Really hope this isn’t the case as this is my first brand new BMW, it’s business lease but worked hard for it and the spec I want, fingers crossed it comes as ordered
__________________
BMW 330e Tourer MSport (Pro/Tech) Mineral Gray
BMW 520d MSport (Carbon Black) F10
BMW 330d Tourer Silver E91
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 03:11 AM   #96
bmnut
Captain
bmnut's Avatar
United Kingdom
201
Rep
665
Posts

Drives: Hopefully something soon!
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North East England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy_Bradders View Post
This is quite disheartening to read, I have just ordered a BMW 330e Tourer with the Pro & Tech Pack in Mineral Grey. Now obviously with the Tech Pack you get the HK upgrade, but BMW may not be able supply this?

Really hope this isnít the case as this is my first brand new BMW, itís business lease but worked hard for it and the spec I want, fingers crossed it comes as ordered
Take a look at "RAFats" post at #69 and the information to the dealers about the spec change.If like me you just have the Technology Pack (now using build code ZOJ) as opposed to the Technology Plus Pack then that includes option 688 which is HK. Just checked my new vehicle order form with my dealer and crossed checked it against the IVRS build order with Germany and it shows HK as being fitted.
May be worth contacting your supplying dealer and getting them to check and maybe confirm just exactly what the spec is that they are proposing to build?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 03:29 AM   #97
Baldy_Bradders
New Member
Baldy_Bradders's Avatar
5
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: BMW G21 MSport Pro & Tech - MG
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: East Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
Take a look at "RAFats" post at #69 and the information to the dealers about the spec change.If like me you just have the Technology Pack (now using build code ZOJ) as opposed to the Technology Plus Pack then that includes option 688 which is HK. Just checked my new vehicle order form with my dealer and crossed checked it against the IVRS build order with Germany and it shows HK as being fitted.
May be worth contacting your supplying dealer and getting them to check and maybe confirm just exactly what the spec is that they are proposing to build?
Thanks Bmnut, i will have a look at his post, and speak to the supplying dealer too, I have not gone with Tech Plus Pack, but i appreciate the info, bit new to all of this so thanks.
I need to know as I have done a contract hire lease quote with the options on so I do not need to be paying from something I am not getting.
Thanks once again
__________________
BMW 330e Tourer MSport (Pro/Tech) Mineral Gray
BMW 520d MSport (Carbon Black) F10
BMW 330d Tourer Silver E91
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 03:41 AM   #98
bmnut
Captain
bmnut's Avatar
United Kingdom
201
Rep
665
Posts

Drives: Hopefully something soon!
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North East England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy_Bradders View Post
Thanks Bmnut, i will have a look at his post, and speak to the supplying dealer too, I have not gone with Tech Plus Pack, but i appreciate the info, bit new to all of this so thanks.
I need to know as I have done a contract hire lease quote with the options on so I do not need to be paying from something I am not getting.
Thanks once again
You're more than welcome mate!
That's what this forum is all about and I've always found it very friendly, informative and extremely useful!
Mine's in build now and I have just the Tech Pack and it has HK.
Ask your dealer about option code ZOJ and get him/her to check what that is showing as currently comprising of, it should be codes 610, 688, 6NW and 6UB.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 04:12 AM   #99
Baldy_Bradders
New Member
Baldy_Bradders's Avatar
5
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: BMW G21 MSport Pro & Tech - MG
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: East Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
You're more than welcome mate!
That's what this forum is all about and I've always found it very friendly, informative and extremely useful!
Mine's in build now and I have just the Tech Pack and it has HK.
Ask your dealer about option code ZOJ and get him/her to check what that is showing as currently comprising of, it should be codes 610, 688, 6NW and 6UB.
Nice one, thanks for this, this will be my task for the day,
__________________
BMW 330e Tourer MSport (Pro/Tech) Mineral Gray
BMW 520d MSport (Carbon Black) F10
BMW 330d Tourer Silver E91
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 04:19 AM   #100
bmnut
Captain
bmnut's Avatar
United Kingdom
201
Rep
665
Posts

Drives: Hopefully something soon!
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North East England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy_Bradders View Post
Nice one, thanks for this, this will be my task for the day,
Good luck!
Appreciate 1
      05-14-2021, 07:14 AM   #101
JM13RS
Private
United Kingdom
18
Rep
70
Posts

Drives: G21 Touring
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by willougs View Post
Wouldn't say I'm unhappy with it. I just don't see/hear what it's given me over and above any of the standand-fit stereos I've had in any of my previous more budget cars.
Its clear enough, but lack of defined bass without distortion, very artificial surround, basic EQs just make it all a bit disappointing. You'd never guess there were two subwoofers under the seats for example.

Considering its probably cost me an extra grand or so as an option (can't remember as was part of a pack) it's just a bit underwhelming and probably not worth the extra costs over the HiFi.

At the time of ordering, HK was on the "must-have" list. If I was to order again, it most definitely wouldn't be.

I second this. It does the job ok, but I came from an Audi with B&O sound system & the HK just does not get close at all in terms of depth and quality.

I have the Bermester system in my Porsche currently, which was £1200 and its possibly the best sound system I've had in a car. The HK cuts out sometimes too ( very common issue on the forums). I am the same as Will it was a must at point of ordered, but I wouldn't bother if ordering it again. Cant remember how much the HK was as it was in a pack, but I am very surprised BMW label it as a premium system- It certainly is not.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 12:29 PM   #102
Isow
Captain
United Kingdom
290
Rep
990
Posts

Drives: G20 330i MSport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Manchester UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM13RS View Post
I second this. It does the job ok, but I came from an Audi with B&O sound system & the HK just does not get close at all in terms of depth and quality.

I have the Bermester system in my Porsche currently, which was £1200 and its possibly the best sound system I've had in a car. The HK cuts out sometimes too ( very common issue on the forums). I am the same as Will it was a must at point of ordered, but I wouldn't bother if ordering it again. Cant remember how much the HK was as it was in a pack, but I am very surprised BMW label it as a premium system- It certainly is not.
I donít know which Porsche Taycan you have but on some models
the Bermester is £4,200.
It should be good for that price.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 02:29 PM   #103
Beemer5to3
Second Lieutenant
87
Rep
294
Posts

Drives: G30 520d SE
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM13RS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD View Post
That doesn’t look too bad then at the moment for my UK order. I have tech pack but not tech pack plus (not bothered about driver assistance). Lack of HK would be a deal breaker though.
Don't worry too much about the HK audio, its absolutely pants.
It's still a million times better than the base system - my mate and I have the same car, mine has HK and his doesn't and the difference is huge. Let the system get run in and take the time to setup the EQ properly. I've also found it sounds much better turning off the Logic7.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 04:21 PM   #104
Bobvegas
New Member
2
Rep
11
Posts

Drives: 330i M Sport (G20)
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Herts

iTrader: (0)

I ordered a 330i M Sport Touring with Comfort Pack, Tech Pack, lumbar support and sun protection glass. Placed the order at the end of March.

Got an e-mail at the start of the week saying that my car will not have the HK sound system and Gesture control. Bit annoyed but they arenít parts of a pack that I was that interested in, had HK in a previous car and not fussed.

I got a bit concerned, reading about other options being taken off on other orders. Spoke to the BMW showroom today and they advised that it is all dependent on when your car goes into production. He confirmed that it is only the HK and Gesture control which will not be on my car. If it had gone into production a week later it would have been missing the wireless charging. A week after that it would also be missing the smart opener (sweeping kick under the car to open the boot).

He did end with a caveat...BMW have said further changes could be made at short notice.

Thought about cancelling but am happy with the specs as it currently stands.

Last edited by Bobvegas; 06-07-2021 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 04:57 PM   #105
RAFats
Private
19
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 M40i
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Bedford

iTrader: (0)

Effectively you cannot be sure of what you are going to actually get until it completes the build process. I appreciate the issues that manufacturers are dealing with but also trying to think of other examples where this might apply. At its simplest, you order a meal at a Michelin star restaurant and end up with just the veg! Anyway, on a more serious note, on other countries forums there is considerable evidence of monetary compensation for these depleted orders. We don’t appear to hear the same in the UK or have I missed something?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 05:28 PM   #106
johno
Second Lieutenant
johno's Avatar
United Kingdom
35
Rep
237
Posts

Drives: F32 435i
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFats View Post
Effectively you cannot be sure of what you are going to actually get until it completes the build process. I appreciate the issues that manufacturers are dealing with but also trying to think of other examples where this might apply. At its simplest, you order a meal at a Michelin star restaurant and end up with just the veg! Anyway, on a more serious note, on other countries forums there is considerable evidence of monetary compensation for these depleted orders. We donít appear to hear the same in the UK or have I missed something?
According to my order contract, they have to make an appropriate deduction if they don't deliver options.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 02:53 AM   #107
Herr Gross Byte
Enlisted Member
24
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: 440i GC
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Essex

iTrader: (0)

Must be annoying and potentially stressful if you have spec'd up your ideal car only to find at a later point it will not have all the features. I'm sure some won't be too bothered. For me I want my car just so if I'm paying BMW prices, which means I'll have to wait till this supply issue is resolved. Could be a long wait. I've been doing a bit of research and it's not just BMW that are having this problem. It's affecting the whole car industry to varying degrees globally. It seems that the car manufacturers were very quick to drop their processor orders when the pandemic hit. Consumer electronics boomed in the lockdown as we all wanted new TV's, phones, PCs, peripherals etc. Now the car manufactures are back to the processor suppliers and find that their orders are back of the queue. Added to that cars use older, more robust and reliable chips which are less profitable to produce. There are a very small number of processor producers in the world. Something like 4 companies control most of the supply. It's estimated that the lack of supply will cost the car industry $60B this year in lost orders. One of which is mine
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 03:36 AM   #108
bmnut
Captain
bmnut's Avatar
United Kingdom
201
Rep
665
Posts

Drives: Hopefully something soon!
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North East England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Gross Byte View Post
Must be annoying and potentially stressful if you have spec'd up your ideal car only to find at a later point it will not have all the features. I'm sure some won't be too bothered. For me I want my car just so if I'm paying BMW prices, which means I'll have to wait till this supply issue is resolved. Could be a long wait. I've been doing a bit of research and it's not just BMW that are having this problem. It's affecting the whole car industry to varying degrees globally. It seems that the car manufacturers were very quick to drop their processor orders when the pandemic hit. Consumer electronics boomed in the lockdown as we all wanted new TV's, phones, PCs, peripherals etc. Now the car manufactures are back to the processor suppliers and find that their orders are back of the queue. Added to that cars use older, more robust and reliable chips which are less profitable to produce. There are a very small number of processor producers in the world. Something like 4 companies control most of the supply. It's estimated that the lack of supply will cost the car industry $60B this year in lost orders. One of which is mine
Very interesting post that! I, like quite a few others on here, am waiting for my car as it progresses through the build process and wondering what I'll end up with. Reminds me of when I was a kid and visited the local sweet shop on a Saturday morning with my pocket money to buy a 'Lucky Bag' and excitedly wondering what was going to be in it!!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 01:55 PM   #109
SonD
New Member
United Kingdom
3
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: Back to the Navara then :-(
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Midlands UK

iTrader: (0)

I am about to sign for my first 'new' BMW since 1998..
BIK has seen me with a variety of Ford Transit, Landrover 110, Nissan navara (x3) all of which have saved me a few £££, but non have exactly been an enjoyable drive.
With the onset of 10% BIK for PHEV I decided t was time for some fun once again, so a rather well loaded 330E xDrive M Sport Pro was specified.
Loads of quotes later (all of which still had the Tech + pack) I decided to call a more local dealer than the lease "Specialists" on line.
It soon became apparent that their lists were way off, as were their 'expected delivery' dates.
I had specified the tech + pack, but was not overly bothered about certain components, so when advised about it cannot now be done, was not overly concerned.
Lack of HK 'upgrade' would not break the deal (I sell HiFi, and live daily with some nice toys) but whatever the BMW comes with as standard will be a massive upgrade over whatever is in a Navara.
I have been quoted 'end of September' as a date for delivery - again, not that fussed, as the Nav does not expire on warranty / tax / Insurance until March next year, I may well keep it to see me through any snow this winter..
That being said, being in the position to own one again after such a long while - I would rather like it, well, ermm, now..
I am hoping the dotted line awaiting my signature is awaiting me tomorrow at work.
this thread has highlighted more than afew things that I had not foreseen, thats for sure.
The 'chip shortage' issue is vast, and is impacting on so many things in my life right now.
Wait until the specific metal shortages take hold as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 04:02 PM   #110
Pentop63
Enlisted Member
Pentop63's Avatar
United Kingdom
7
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: 320D G20 M-Sport
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Tamworth

iTrader: (0)

Spent two weeks begin deal only to find when I placed the order that options were not available including HK and Gesture but also hearing news of acoustic glass and MSport pro pack being removed from list so decided to cancel order and sit out the supply issue but disappointed with BMW re the lack of clarity and openness.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 PM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST