Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Mission Performance Stage 2 with CG Precision Catted Downpipe, Dyno Results

03-10-2021, 01:41 PM   #45
m340ninja
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patgilm View Post
How did it get relocked? Did you take it to the dealer and they updated the firmware? I have to take my car in for service and I want to be clear to them to NOT update the firmware so I hope they comply.

I also read in another thread in the general forum that the most recent update hasn’t been cracked yet so let us know if Alex is able to.
My car had been at the dealership twice since it was originally tuned (oil changes only). I haven't done any updates so I can only think it got relocked at the dealer. My car is on the previous software version (I think the one that is trying to be pushed is 07.05/2020? I know it adds Android Auto)
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 01:43 PM   #46
m340ninja
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
Leaving in 15 minutes will be there in about an hour
say hi to my DME for me
Appreciate 1
chenry2359.00
      03-10-2021, 08:46 PM   #47
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by m340ninja View Post
say hi to my DME for me
I saw your post and mentioned this to Alex & he took your DME into his office from the shop and snapped a pic with another customers DME .......rest assured they were both comfortable and seemed happy...

ps-
Big box of DME's out of picture marked Toyota that I was told nicely not to photo hmmm
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
m340ninja274.50
      03-10-2021, 09:00 PM   #48
m340ninja
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I saw your post and mentioned this to Alex & he took your DME into his office from the shop and snapped a pic with another customers DME .......rest assured they were both comfortable and seemed happy...

ps-
Big box of DME's out of picture marked Toyota that I was told nicely not to photo hmmm
Yep! He told me all is well
Appreciate 1
chenry2359.00
      03-10-2021, 09:27 PM   #49
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

General update from my visit cliff notes for anyone only interested in 21 unlock....it's still a real challenge

If you are interested in other things MP related or more detail from my visit...read on:
  • 2021 DME unlock Alex:
  • "it's really really locked Chris"
  • "I have a couple angles I'm going to go after so we'll see "
  • M Coupe with M5 V8 and GMC supercharger is coming along (see pics I think this is gonna be a first)
  • Always love seeing the E30 M3 at the shop (why oh why did I sell mine back in 91 in my early 20's)
  • Guy there that was getting his M340 flashed when we arrived- said dealer after removal flagged his piggyback (I will not mention brand because it doesn't matter) so why not flash he said (shared screen shots with me of the flag etc)...so I guess piggybacks now join flash in terms of being detectable pro actively - I've posted about this before but now seems BMW has taken care of things as of 1/21 from what I was told - so piggyback or flash removed or not you will be found out - so go with a good piggy or flash folks so it doesn't create drivetrain issue for you
  • MP is about to launch a new tuning app platform (IOS) that is going to bring some firsts to the marketplace - bringing together tuning (engine, trans, 2wd/4wd switching, hybrid extender etc...) coding and some other things that I don't understand (HA) that have been to date disparate onto one platform delivered via wireless or wired OBD - this should be fun to watch
  • Main reason for the visit that I tagged along for and sat in the passenger seat was the fitting of a DP to my Sons 2016 328 - and a big A+ to active autowerkes for a really quality part and thanks to MP for the install - nice that you are still willing to get out from behind the coding keyboard and get your hands dirty
  • New website coming
  • New logo coming

Anyhoo hope this helps...
Attached Images

Last edited by chenry; 03-11-2021 at 11:31 AM.. Reason: forgot to attach pics, added 2 more bullet points
Appreciate 2
      03-10-2021, 09:54 PM   #50
franky818
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 2010 , g20 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky818 View Post
Just wanna say Alex doesn't fuck around .... if you're someone like me who is not using a 330 or m340 to go race m4s and m3s ... but just want more power and speed out of ur car than what the factory gives you ... Alex is the way to go...
Is your car tuned by MP?
Yes sir only the best
Appreciate 1
chenry2359.00
      03-13-2021, 01:17 AM   #51
Lonmon
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i x

Joining the team tonight. Just ordered my stage 2 e50 MP tune. Gave my local tuner a couple of chances to get it right to no avail. Car was fast full throttle and drove ok when just cruising. Had boost surging and sudden boost reduction in 5th and 6th gears when gaining boost partial throttle. Just lost confidence in his experience with this model. Looking forward to near perfect or perfect drivability at all throttle inputs!
H&R Springs
MHD Stage 2 E40
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2021, 12:13 AM   #52
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonmon View Post
Joining the team tonight. Just ordered my stage 2 e50 MP tune. Gave my local tuner a couple of chances to get it right to no avail. Car was fast full throttle and drove ok when just cruising. Had boost surging and sudden boost reduction in 5th and 6th gears when gaining boost partial throttle. Just lost confidence in his experience with this model. Looking forward to near perfect or perfect drivability at all throttle inputs!
Welcome to the team Toyota Global TRD is on team MP as well with their Supra...(yes shameless praise ) but damn Alex deserves it and what more could you ask for in terms of a vote of confidence for his deliverables oem like product, drivability, power delivery, reliability etc and the MP platform in general

It's a really nice place to be...it's certainly something to look forward to. The linear OEM like power band is something special. Looking forward to your feedback

Last edited by chenry; 03-14-2021 at 02:34 PM..
Appreciate 1
Lonmon60.00
      03-14-2021, 02:16 PM   #53
Vmaxx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Is there any 2021 BMW that has been cracked?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2021, 03:13 PM   #54
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmaxx View Post
Is there any 2021 BMW that has been cracked?
Not that I've heard...and Mission has traditionally been first to market with unlocks so if they are not offering something the answer is probably no. We went through this same thing when the B58 first came to market back in 2016/17 - many (me included) bought piggybacks while we were waiting for an unlock/flash and then I tossed mine when a flash solution was available. And never looked back

Last edited by chenry; 03-14-2021 at 03:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2021, 03:28 PM   #55
Vmaxx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Not that I've heard...and Mission has traditionally been first to market with unlocks so if they are not offering something the answer is probably no. We went through this same thing when the B58 first came to market back in 2016/17 - many (me included) bought piggybacks while we were waiting for an unlock/flash and then I tossed mine when a flash solution was available. And never looked back

Now that removed piggybacks are pro-actively detectable at the dealer like a flash I'm not sure why anyone would go that route unless it was the only option...as is presently the case with most all 2021 BMWs for the time being
Exactly. I would totally do a tune if I could, but I’m team 2021 so I have to wait. I didn’t even bother removing JB4 for last dealer visit. Why try and hide it if they know it’s being used.
Appreciate 1
russell21147.00
      03-14-2021, 03:33 PM   #56
njfoses
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M850i, 22 X6 M50i

Quote:
Now that removed piggybacks are pro-actively detectable at the dealer like a flash I'm not sure why anyone would go that route unless it was the only option...
I saw your post about the customer at Mission stating this happened to him, but this is very YMMV and the exception not the norm.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2021, 03:46 PM   #57
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post
I saw your post about the customer at Mission stating this happened to him, but this is very YMMV and the exception not the norm.
100% agree - I have an appointment this week with a BMW Master service tech (who is running a piggy on his M3) for general maintenance on my car and plan on asking him if a removed piggyback is in fact producing the S 0777 (suspicion of engine tuning) code as was told to me. It was shared with me that this is a 1/21 update.

I like to work on facts when it comes to what I share on the forum - so let's see what the 3rd source has to say. In the meantime I will delete that portion of my post

Don't want to create a false sh*t storm here
Appreciate 1
njfoses290.50
      03-14-2021, 03:49 PM   #58
njfoses
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
100% agree - I have an appointment this week with a BMW Master service tech (who is running a piggy on his M3) for general maintenance on my car and plan on asking him if a removed piggyback is in fact producing the S 0777 (suspicion of engine tuning) code as was told to me. It was shared with me that this is a 1/21 update.

I like to work on facts when it comes to what I share on the forum - so let's see what the 3rd source has to say. In the meantime I will delete that portion of my post

Looking forward to his feedback, as i am sure many others will be as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 01:58 AM   #59
iiSonnyii
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m340i

Quote:
Just posted this in the other thread as well (mods please feel free to collapse my thread here into the other users thread) :-)
  • 463 Wheel HP
  • 493 Wheel Torque
  • For comparison "red" run is a stock S85 (X3M) running full E85
  • Car is smooth, linear and pulls like a freight train
  • Add 10% or 11% (or whatever you believe to be true about drive-train loss) to get crank numbers
  • So even at the most conservative 10% engine is making over 500HP and 550TRQ - and it feels like it
  • Most important the engine is happy and healthy doing it :-)
Watching this video just makes me sad.... MISSION PERFORMANCE PLEASE UNLOCK 2021 DMES!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 11:22 AM   #60
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiSonnyii View Post
Watching this video just makes me sad.... MISSION PERFORMANCE PLEASE UNLOCK 2021 DMES!!!!
And because I am a cruel cruel man I will share this one of the same session

Granted this wasn't a good run for numbers because the tires lost traction on the rollers but it's fun to see the car squat and dance as the power comes on
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 02:04 PM   #61
iiSonnyii
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
And because I am a cruel cruel man I will share this one of the same session

Granted this wasn't a good run for numbers because the tires lost traction on the rollers but it's fun to see the car squat and dance as the power comes on
Cruel cruel man, but nonetheless pretty cool look
Appreciate 1
chenry2359.00
      03-26-2021, 08:38 AM   #62
njfoses
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Any update?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2021, 12:03 PM   #63
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post
Any update?
Hi njfoses yes - apologies for the delayed update

Here’s what the tech had to share (I don't think there really is any new info here or anything earth-shattering)

His comments in summary:
A removed piggyback will now likely will throw a code BUT if he has a car with that code he does not immediately suspect a piggyback because any number of other things that have been done to the car can also throw that code. So if it’s just routine maintenance etc…it’s not an issue. However, if it is drivetrain warranty work (as an example) they would do additional forensics and they would be able to determine that a piggyback had been present.

Run a piggyback because it is the best solution for you – don’t run a piggyback because you think you are going to fool the dealer if things go south.

**And now it's time for my disclaimer**
Just sharing info from my conversation I am not an expert in this space do what you want with the info, draw your own conclusions & accept or reject as you see fit

Last edited by chenry; 03-26-2021 at 01:06 PM.. Reason: added my disclaimer :)
Appreciate 1
njfoses290.50
      03-26-2021, 12:22 PM   #64
Fuel-It!
Banned
Rep
Drives: M4, M5, M2C, X4M, 440i, etc...

Quote:

Here’s what the tech had to share (I don't think there really is any new info here or anything earth-shattering)

His comments in summary:
A removed piggyback will now likely will throw a code
FYI I checked with BMS and they took their 2020 M340 with the latest software update in for testing last week, no tuner code was stored. That suspicion of engine tuning fault has been present for around 2 years and is there to detect flash tuning. Doesn't trigger with good piggyback systems.
Appreciate 2
VipinLJ1944.50
      03-26-2021, 01:58 PM   #65
iiSonnyii
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:

His comments in summary:
A removed piggyback will now likely will throw a code BUT if he has a car with that code he does not immediately suspect a piggyback because any number of other things that have been done to the car can also throw that code. So if it’s just routine maintenance etc…it’s not an issue. However, if it is drivetrain warranty work (as an example) they would do additional forensics and they would be able to determine that a piggyback had been present.

Run a piggyback because it is the best solution for you – don’t run a piggyback because you think you are going to fool the dealer if things go south.

**And now it's time for my disclaimer**
Just sharing info from my conversation I am not an expert in this space do what you want with the info, draw your own conclusions & accept or reject as you see fit
Thanks for sharing, hopefully Mission can unlock the ECU.... Want to have some burbles for the 2021 models already..... my catless down pipe has held me down for now....
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 09:41 AM   #66
serg1282
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: through

Flashed mine with Stage 2 yesterday over OBD2 (luckily I'm on older software 3/2019). Absolutely amazing product and super easy. Alex was also very helpful over the phone.

Hopefully he can work his magic so that folks with newer software and MY21 builds can do it at home as well.
Appreciate 0