Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Car Order - changing a part

03-22-2023, 04:02 PM   #1
mpeng82
Rep
Drives: BMW G21 320d Msport

Car Order - changing a part

Hi All,

Advice needed as usual please.....

Received my new vehicle today and as part of the order i changed the grill from Chrome to Black

Dealership said that this would be a part change and as such would have to charge as a replacement item.

That is fine, however they have given me the car with the black grill fitted but without giving me the chrome kidney grill too.

They state this is normal process but i disagree. Not only have i made similar changes to other makes in the past and got glboth iems, my over ridding feeling is that as the chrome grill came as standard it belongs to the car/owner especially when i have paid extra for the change in grill and not just a slight charge.

Front Black Grill £194.57

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Matt
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2023, 04:28 PM   #2
siddsbmw
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeng82 View Post
Hi All,

Advice needed as usual please.....

Received my new vehicle today and as part of the order i changed the grill from Chrome to Black

Dealership said that this would be a part change and as such would have to charge as a replacement item.

That is fine, however they have given me the car with the black grill fitted but without giving me the chrome kidney grill too.

They state this is normal process but i disagree. Not only have i made similar changes to other makes in the past and got glboth iems, my over ridding feeling is that as the chrome grill came as standard it belongs to the car/owner especially when i have paid extra for the change in grill and not just a slight charge.

Front Black Grill £194.57

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Matt
Did they do it at the port or at the dealership? (I don’t think the port charges labor, the dealer will)

I don’t think you get the part if changed at the port, but you probably would get the part back at a dealer.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2023, 04:46 PM   #3
mpeng82
Rep

At port.

I get im not being charged labour, but this was charged as part of the order process. Could understand if this was done additionally.

If i would have know they would have kept the grill i would have purchased the part locally and fitted it myself

Im still not happy or agree they should have done this.

Thanks for your thoughts, i guess my thinking is wrong
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2023, 07:57 PM   #4
Bimmer86
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440i xDrive Gran Coupe

Unfortunately, they keep the old parts for port installed parts.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2023, 02:50 PM   #5
mpeng82
Rep

Its really annoying as ive paid full price for the replacement grill.

If they would have told me, i would not have purchased the part but done so when the car wasnin my possession and fitted it myself
Appreciate 0