BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Confess here

02-06-2020, 11:13 AM   #3103
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I dunno...that service is pretty exclusive about what sort of clientele they'll accept and they never advertise. Have you tried searching the dark web?
The dark web.....isn't that where all the drug dealers and prostitutes hang out? Sounds scary.
Appreciate 2
Joekerr7929.00
Rmtt8208.00
      02-06-2020, 11:19 AM   #3104
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
The dark web.....isn't that where all the drug dealers and prostitutes hang out? Sounds scary.
From what I've heard, yes. But as you are aware, there must be a balance to all that darkness...and that comes in the form of the shining beacon of those ghost writers. So amongst all the bad, there is some good - these humble yet wonderful ghost writers hang out here as their ultimate goal is to not draw attention to themselves.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      02-06-2020, 11:27 AM   #3105
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Nah you're thinking of Epstein island.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      02-06-2020, 12:21 PM   #3106
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
I've been looking for an online custom writing service. Mainly for writing resume's, presentation letters, apa research paper cover pages, a short essay on Rosa Parks, professional rhetorical analysis essay ghostwriter websites for masters, business plan financial plan examples, resume caligula acte par acte, book reports on the revolutionary war, and whatnot.

If you guys don't mind, keep your eyes open and get back with me if you find such a service. I've scoured the internet and can't seem to find anything.
I dare you to click on one of the links. double dare you
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      02-06-2020, 12:51 PM   #3107
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
I dare you to click on one of the links. double dare you
Too late sir. Already done. I didn't trust the link originally so I used my work computer to check it out, just to be on the safe side. Nothing harmful at all. i entered my corporate email address to have them send me more info. Oddly enough, they are sending me some phish at least that's what our network admin stated in an email and he seemed to be upset about it.

I must be out of the loop. I didn't realize the hip way of spelling fish was with a ph now. Guess it's kinda like being phat. I'll be sure and let the admins and manager know that it should be spelled phired so they know in the future.
Appreciate 2
kscarrol8889.50
Rmtt8208.00
      02-06-2020, 02:22 PM   #3108
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Too late sir. Already done. I didn't trust the link originally so I used my work computer to check it out, just to be on the safe side. Nothing harmful at all. i entered my corporate email address to have them send me more info. Oddly enough, they are sending me some phish at least that's what our network admin stated in an email and he seemed to be upset about it.

I must be out of the loop. I didn't realize the hip way of spelling fish was with a ph now. Guess it's kinda like being phat. I'll be sure and let the admins and manager know that it should be spelled phired so they know in the future.
Why does a company whale not have a private office, and instead must be annoyed by conversations of a banal nature, along with construction noise/dust? How could your personal assistant operate under such conditions???
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      02-06-2020, 02:32 PM   #3109
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Why does a company whale not have a private office, and instead must be annoyed by conversations of a banal nature, along with construction noise/dust? How could your personal assistant operate under such conditions???
The whale does have a private office. He is the personal assistant to the whale.

Fluffity fluff fluff....

I trust that clarifies the matter for you.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      02-06-2020, 02:38 PM   #3110
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
very spicy food causes me to feel "spent" after eating it and i absolutely love it
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      02-06-2020, 03:03 PM   #3111
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Breakdown - Everyone had their own office until they created this position for me. Office space....or even space in general is limited in our facility. We outgrew this building roughly 10 years ago. Not having anywhere else to put me, they stuck me in the office with the unbearable one.

Quote:
The whale does have a private office. He is the personal assistant to the whale.

Fluffity fluff fluff....

I trust that clarifies the matter for you.
As of now, the "whale" no longer has a private office. I'm currently watching the contractors slap mud on the newly installed drywall that used to be where her desk was located. Unfortunately, they have moved her desk directly next to mine. Comically, they have replaced our desks with counters and my work area is nearly 4 times the size of hers. She has been here 18 years, I've been here 4 years. To say that she is upset by this is an understatement. If she wasn't such....an unpleasant person, people would probably feel sorry for her; but this is not the case.

To clarify, I am not her assistant. She orders containers, takes up valuable time, space and company resources by breathing. I'm a Project Coordinator that simply doesn't have my own office. To the outsiders, it now looks like she is sitting in my office.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 03:05 PM   #3112
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
I've been looking for an online custom writing service. Mainly for writing resume's, presentation letters, apa research paper cover pages, a short essay on Rosa Parks, professional rhetorical analysis essay ghostwriter websites for masters, business plan financial plan examples, resume caligula acte par acte, book reports on the revolutionary war, and whatnot.

If you guys don't mind, keep your eyes open and get back with me if you find such a service. I've scoured the internet and can't seem to find anything.
I've been writing since childhood. I need a side gig. Hire me?
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      02-06-2020, 03:06 PM   #3113
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Nah you're thinking of Epstein island.
Or Weinstein Cave
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
      02-06-2020, 03:07 PM   #3114
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
One of the outside sales guys just left the company b/c he finally had enough of their bs. Things are falling apart here, woohoo!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2020, 03:46 PM   #3115
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
We're in the age of the "open plan" workspace (which sucks fecal-matter-encrusted donkey scrotum for any sort of technical work) where there are very few offices or even cubes. Of course the bosses all have offices. They use the excuse that they have conversations about sensitive and confidential topics and need to be able to close a door. Yeah...whatever. I work almost 100% remote now, so they can set up shop in a stockyards for all I give a shit.
      02-06-2020, 03:50 PM   #3116
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Breakdown - Everyone had their own office until they created this position for me. Office space....or even space in general is limited in our facility. We outgrew this building roughly 10 years ago. Not having anywhere else to put me, they stuck me in the office with the unbearable one.

As of now, the "whale" no longer has a private office. I'm currently watching the contractors slap mud on the newly installed drywall that used to be where her desk was located. Unfortunately, they have moved her desk directly next to mine. Comically, they have replaced our desks with counters and my work area is nearly 4 times the size of hers. She has been here 18 years, I've been here 4 years. To say that she is upset by this is an understatement. If she wasn't such....an unpleasant person, people would probably feel sorry for her; but this is not the case.

To clarify, I am not her assistant. She orders containers, takes up valuable time, space and company resources by breathing. I'm a Project Coordinator that simply doesn't have my own office. To the outsiders, it now looks like she is sitting in my office.
Open office concepts are a construct made by big data, change my mind
It's literally made so that people would have to interact with each other instead of just sit down and be code monkeys
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2020, 05:56 PM   #3117
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
I've been writing since childhood. I need a side gig. Hire me?
I'm actually in discussion regarding a new position that could potentially result in 2 direct hires to work under me. Once something comes to fruition, I'll get in touch with you.
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2020, 05:58 PM   #3118
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
It's literally made so that people would have to interact with each other instead of just sit down and be code monkeys
Consider me a code monkey. Not the case in reality though. I come from a sales management background. I clearly have the gift of gab but in my current environment, yeah.....I'd rather not talk to my co-workers. I miss having good conversation. This explains why I spend/spent much of day on here.
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2020, 07:40 AM   #3119
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I hate that crap & will not work in that environment. I'd rather be left alone in my office.

Can't even pick your nose or fart in that open office bs
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
      02-07-2020, 08:30 AM   #3120
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
I hate that crap & will not work in that environment. I'd rather be left alone in my office.

Can't even pick your nose or fart in that open office bs
Actually, societal norms are the only thing preventing that. If you ignore them, there are no barriers to doing so. You should consider it - I bet it is a freeing feeling.
Appreciate 3
kscarrol8889.50
King Rudi13154.00
      02-07-2020, 09:02 AM   #3121
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Open offices are fad, nothing more. And no CEO wants to be the last one to adopt the fad. Worst of all, they don't work. Period.

In most of those open plan shops, everyone wears headphones or earbuds all day. And nobody talks to anyone else, because they're all desperate for quiet and calm.

As a side effect of the lack of privacy, the shitter stalls in bathrooms were always full. And you never smelled shit, which is a dead giveaway. They weren't shitting. They were texting, or reading email, or otherwise fucking around on their phones. If you actually had to take a shit, it wasn't uncommon for it to take 1/2-hour just to find an open stall. I always headed for the 5th floor because it was predominantly women who worked on that floor.
      02-07-2020, 09:18 AM   #3122
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Actually, societal norms are the only thing preventing that. If you ignore them, there are no barriers to doing so. You should consider it - I bet it is a freeing feeling.
Well, it would be rude to stink up the area when you're all on top of each other.

I will stick to my guns of the open plans doing more harm than good.
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2020, 11:09 AM   #3123
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Quote:
Open offices are fad, nothing more. And no CEO wants to be the last one to adopt the fad. Worst of all, they don't work. Period.

In most of those open plan shops, everyone wears headphones or earbuds all day. And nobody talks to anyone else, because they're all desperate for quiet and calm.

As a side effect of the lack of privacy, the shitter stalls in bathrooms were always full. And you never smelled shit, which is a dead giveaway. They weren't shitting. They were texting, or reading email, or otherwise fucking around on their phones. If you actually had to take a shit, it wasn't uncommon for it to take 1/2-hour just to find an open stall. I always headed for the 5th floor because it was predominantly women who worked on that floor.
All of the points made in that Fastcompany article you linked are true. The overriding reason why they all do it is because of the huge real estate cost savings. It makes all the bullshit it brings worthwhile (for the company, not for the employees)
Appreciate 2
      02-07-2020, 11:24 AM   #3124
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
All of the points made in that Fastcompany article you linked are true. The overriding reason why they all do it is because of the huge real estate cost savings. It makes all the bullshit it brings worthwhile (for the company, not for the employees)
Yeah, I think the huge cost savings are a real motivating factor. Way more employees per square foot, minimal build-out costs because there are fewer walls and no cube partitions or desks. The workspace I was in was roughly 20' x 40' and there were up to 30 of us in there. Compared to 16 or so that would have fit if we'd had 5' x 5' cubes. We had nothing but a dozen or so 8-foot cheap white laminate tables and some cheap chairs.

Last I heard, the application we built was generating $80MM a month in revenue. That's some pretty good ROI, right there.