Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge Kaepernick and the National Anthem

09-05-2016, 10:03 AM   #155
SumBMWGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A German Car

To those that are so upset about this, I have a question for you. What do you do in your own home when the National Anthem comes on?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2016, 10:32 AM   #156
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
To those that are so upset about this, I have a question for you. What do you do in your own home when the National Anthem comes on?
I think it was the comment about the American flag representing oppression that started the hate, as a performer in front of an audiance the question about sitting seems appropriate, and his answer was something to analyze. The cop-pig socks cemented the furry.

Usually watching the anthem being sung wait for a mistake. But in Baltimore at Orioles games when the crowd sings out "O's" when the "Oh Say Can You See..."
there was a discussion about appropriateness.
Appreciate 1
scostu1619.50
      09-06-2016, 08:38 AM   #157
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
Mandatory minimums for crack but not cocaine, the system is rigged for wealthy and you have a better chance with a lower sentencing being white vs a minority. If you do real research you will find the system failing the mentally ill, drug addicts ect. It's sad and because it's big business the cycle never stops.......DEA is worthless.
easy solution for mandatory minimums on crack... dont do it. Hard, I know, but sacrifices must be made.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 09:12 AM   #158
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Better idea, why don't we take the cops out of all inner cities and let the thugs do their thing. Just form a perimeter around the cities and make it like something out of Escape From New York.
I think this has merit

But ultimately the folks that live in these cities have to take responsibility for the last 50-100 years of THEIR choices in who they elect

The cities where there are issues have been electing Dems for many many decades and its these dems that dictate how the Police will operate.....

If you dont like how the police operate then elect diffferent people who the police report to.....
Appreciate 2
scostu1619.50
VRG_135836.50
      09-06-2016, 01:12 PM   #159
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Stand at attention, just like anywhere else. Trying to set the example for my son.

No military training.
Appreciate 1
VRG_135836.50
      09-06-2016, 01:29 PM   #160
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Stand at attention, just like anywhere else. Trying to set the example for my son.

No military training.
This

If an individual doesnt love this country then maybe they should consider choosing one that is more suited to their own preferences instead of tearing this one down.

There are LOTS of other countries with a broad array of values/beliefs and histories......I'm sure folks that hate this country can find one that better matches their own beliefs/values
Appreciate 1
scostu1619.50
      09-06-2016, 01:39 PM   #161
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

To set the record on me straight, I am part of the privileged white-male class of America. I went to school until I completed my Masters at USC, and worked most of my adult life for some form of government IT.

But as a teen, I had some hair just like his

And lastly, I support his right to sit on his ass.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      09-06-2016, 01:54 PM   #162
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
And lastly, I support his right to sit on his ass.
I think we all support his right to do it, but most think he's hypocritical, because the flag/anthem and what they stand for allow him that right. Additionally, those same police that he is directly protesting against are the ones he expects to personally protect him daily... and have personally protected him for years.

I got a chuckle when I read that the local police were threatening to boycott providing protection for the game on Sunday.

This is getting fairly similar to the Beyonce Super Bowl half-time protest/Black Panther portrayal, where the Miami police boycotted providing her protection afterwards.
Appreciate 2
jpnh1423.50
scostu1619.50
      09-11-2016, 04:01 PM   #163
1LRM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LRP M3 E92, MR M3 E93

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [8.00]
like AIDS
Attached Images

F.T.B.R. Garage, CT
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2016, 04:33 PM   #164
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep

Screw this BS

Time to boycott any team that puts up with this bullshit

You want to do it on your own dime then so be it

If folks are paying to watch a game then do what you are paid to do and play the game without this childish bullschtein
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2016, 11:19 PM   #165
Kenny's X5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

I totally agree. This shit is totally out of hand. Sick and tired of this bull shit
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 11:23 PM   #166
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Still waiting to here if Kap took the offer from the Sheriff's Dept. They want him to train, and speak with the rookies. and spend time with officers patrolling the streets. They want to start a dialogue. I think he made a $1million donation, and I forgot to who. He needs to go out and see what police go through. Like that officer who was shot by the accused bomber responsible for the NYC, and NJ bombing. The officer not knowing it was the suspect they were looking for, was dispatched to a location where a man was sleeping in front of a business. Turns out when the officer approached the man, he turned and shot at the officer. His bullet proof vest took the bullet, and saved his life. You think Kap wants to experience that? I don't think so. Making $19m a year, he much rather stay in his muti million dollar house, in the suburbs.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 10:49 AM   #167
9krpmrx8
Clean is the new cool, keep it that way.
Rep
Drives: 11' Alpine White 335i Sedan

Even so being a Police Officer is not even in the top ten most dangerous jobs in the U.S. The facts are skewed on both sides of the issue.

The fact that we are still discussing this is the bigger issue.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2016, 06:32 PM   #168
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
This comparison has become popular with the far left and is nonsensical. You aren't expected to stand for the anthem in your home, but you are at a game. When you don't stand at home it just means you're lazy, whereas at a game you either (a) have a disability/injury or (b) hate America. Next excuse please.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2016, 06:39 PM   #169
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

As a 2nd generation immigrant I think Kaeperd*ck is full of it. America is the greatest country in the world, the opportunities my parents and I have been afforded here would not have been possible in their home country! You can disagree with many aspects of our country as there is plenty of legitimate criticism to go around, but to disrespect the flag is to disrespect the heroes who fight and stay up all night to protect our freedoms.

Kaeperd*ck is a washed up QB who is trying to stay relevant. What oppression has he faced? Having to go to Nevada for school instead of a big name Div. 1 program? Dude was raised in a stable household and gets paid millions to ride the bench and drive around Jags from his sponsorship. Maybe he should quit football and work to improve race relations in a productive manner. I read about another football player, for example, who quit the NFL to farm and is donating tons of food to the needy.

I find that most honest people, black white and every color in between, are against this nonsense. As usual, it is the far leftists, liberal media, and punk sports columnists and ESPN personalities who support this. They will keep pushing their narrative like with the Redskins "issue" but it won't persuade good and honest proud Americans.
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410783.00
VRG_135836.50
      09-23-2016, 03:39 PM   #170
hlothery
Seeking mental floss
Rep
Drives: 2022 Mercedes EQS 450+

I am a 23 year Army veteran. Here are my thoughts. This type of behavior by nationally prominent individuals on national media is disappointing to me. It is not what I would hope folks would do. However, it is their right, in this wonderful country in which we live, to do it. I served for many reasons, some of them very personal. However, among them was to defend and support that right. It is true that I do not stand for the National Anthem when I am watching sports at home. Defining hypocrisy is difficult, and I am not ready to label Kaepernick (or others) with that label. After all, could we not all quit our jobs and dedicate our lives to the betterment of others? I'm not willing to go that far, so will not hold anyone else to that lofty standard. A dialog on improving those areas of the USA which could be improved is not a bad thing, and I will participate and act as my conscience directs. Personally, when attending any event at which the National Anthem is played, I will display the proper tribute to the flag which represents what I dedicated 23 years to. I will also, out of respect for others beliefs, bow my head during prayer, and be quiet during moments of silence. We would all be better off, IMHO, if we just stepped back from our own self-interests, whatever they might be, and publicly tried to allow diversity of ideas and customs to coexist within our paradigm. Just my two cents.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 05:19 PM   #171
9krpmrx8
Rep

You know what bugs me more than Kap sitting? When civilians salute. And I see that all the time at sporting events.

Last edited by 9krpmrx8; 09-23-2016 at 05:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 05:25 PM   #172
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9krpmrx8 View Post
You know what bugs me more than Kap sitting? When civilians salute.
Maybe they are military or retired military. I'm retired Air Force and I salute the flag.

The National Defense Authorization Act of 2008 contained an amendment to allow un-uniformed service members, military retirees, and veterans to render a hand salute during the hoisting, lowering, or passing of the U.S. flag.

http://www.military.com/flag-day/rul...g-us-flag.html
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 05:26 PM   #173
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

What do you mean allow? Can't anyone salute if they want?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 05:31 PM   #174
9krpmrx8
Rep

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Maybe they are military or retired military. I'm retired Air Force and I salute the flag.

The National Defense Authorization Act of 2008 contained an amendment to allow un-uniformed service members, military retirees, and veterans to render a hand salute during the hoisting, lowering, or passing of the U.S. flag.

http://www.military.com/flag-day/rul...g-us-flag.html
I'm talking about civilians. They are easy to spot because they never salute correctly.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 05:32 PM   #175
9krpmrx8
Rep

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
What do you mean allow? Can't anyone salute if they want?

Well they can, no one is going to stop them but it's inappropriate if they never served.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 05:37 PM   #176
9krpmrx8
Rep

For me personally, I just stand at attention with my hand over my heart. Old habits die hard and saluting when out of uniform is not standard policy whether you are active duty or a vet.

Last edited by 9krpmrx8; 09-23-2016 at 05:46 PM..
Appreciate 0