Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
Quote:
Oh really?
What Scott was saying is actually the opposite intent of what you're saying... he was saying that by BMW leaving the regular G30 grills in place on top it was a funny way of leaving the true grills exposed at the bottom while having non-believers think they had their "gotcha! Told ya so" moment.

The big grills were mentioned almost 2 years ago on this forum... those that paid attention knew this was coming for a while now.
I get what you are saying but how reputable was the big grills mention of this forum 2 years ago. Plus, whose to say that they will be this sharp edged thin slat design as rendered? So far I havent seen this confirmed, so I still take it as a guess. Also they look so bad that its hard to believe, especially if you imagine US plates as I alluded to.

Bmw could still be laughing their ass off as we make renders like this when the M grill wont be nearly this radical.
It is VERY easy to see in these spy shots that the render is nearly spot on. You can remain in denial if you want; it's bliss I'm sure.

P.S. BMW doesn't give a damn about how our U.S. plates will look on the car. That's our problem, not theirs.
The render matches this camo'd car, but isn't the idea of all the camo to hide the final product? that's the part I'm stuck on... they can put whatever they want on the test car and hiding the final product is supposedly* a goal of theirs. Just like the other aspects of the exposed car (hood, wheels, etc) .. are these things final? Nope.

And yes, I'm making arguments and that support this car NOT looking like the render because I think it's really ugly and really am hoping it doesn't look that way. Bigger grilles? Maybe. Shockingly big and ugly? I have to doubt that because I would think the team would be smarter than that. lol.

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 04:56 PM   #112
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

In terms of the US plate? How does the Alfa Romeo Guilia work in the US? In Europe the plate is offset, classic Alfa if truth be told.

Again I have not seen how the Grilles work with the M3/M4 but this should be rectified fairly soon.
But there could be some truth on how the interpretation of the intakes,curtains and aerodynamics are formed.
A new interpretation of the current M look. It seems to fit.
      09-08-2019, 04:57 PM   #113
bobloblaw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
Bigger grilles? Maybe. Shockingly big and ugly? I have to doubt that because I would think the team would be smarter than that. lol.
I'd like to think this too, but have you seen the X4, X6, X7, and the GT cars?

Either way, we shall see the 4er concept in the next day or two and that grille gon be HUGE.
Appreciate 1
      09-08-2019, 04:57 PM   #114
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
Quote:
Oh really?
What Scott was saying is actually the opposite intent of what you're saying... he was saying that by BMW leaving the regular G30 grills in place on top it was a funny way of leaving the true grills exposed at the bottom while having non-believers think they had their "gotcha! Told ya so" moment.

The big grills were mentioned almost 2 years ago on this forum... those that paid attention knew this was coming for a while now.
I get what you are saying but how reputable was the big grills mention of this forum 2 years ago. Plus, whose to say that they will be this sharp edged thin slat design as rendered? So far I havent seen this confirmed, so I still take it as a guess. Also they look so bad that its hard to believe, especially if you imagine US plates as I alluded to.

Bmw could still be laughing their ass off as we make renders like this when the M grill wont be nearly this radical.
It is VERY easy to see in these spy shots that the render is nearly spot on. You can remain in denial if you want; it's bliss I'm sure.

P.S. BMW doesn't give a damn about how our U.S. plates will look on the car. That's our problem, not theirs.
The render matches this camo'd car, but isn't the idea of all the camo to hide the final product? that's the part I'm stuck on... they can put whatever they want on the test car and hiding the final product is supposedly* a goal of theirs. Just like the other aspects of the exposed car (hood, wheels, etc) .. are these things final? Nope.

And yes, I'm making arguments and that support this car NOT looking like the render because I think it's really ugly and really am hoping it doesn't look that way. Bigger grilles? Maybe. Shockingly big and ugly? I have to doubt that because I would think the team would be smarter than that. lol.
It's hides enough of the car's nuance, but the camouflage can't realistically hide all aspects. The car still has to be driven on public roads and tested, and the motor still needs air (...cooling via radiator, air for intakes, etc.). There definitely IS a finality to even a pre-production test car (...remember all of those camo'd F8X's, for example, that were posted in 2013/2014? About the only thing that changed were the wheels.....referring to what looked like 19"/20" versions of what we now know as the 18" base wheels). The overall design is more or less already laid out. I know it's hard for die-hards - including myself - to swallow, but it's the reality we're facing........like that feeling you get when you catch your gf or wife in bed with another man between her legs. You try to tell yourself that it didn't happen, that you dreamt it, or that it was an illusion, but the remnants on the bedsheets surely weren't yours. Lol!
Appreciate 1
DocB312.00
      09-08-2019, 04:59 PM   #115
bobloblaw
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
But there could be some truth on how the interpretation of the intakes,curtains and aerodynamics are formed.
This is encouraging. This (hopefully) means BMW isn't going to just tack on huge grilles and are basing the design around it from the get go. I know it's tough with the pedestrian safety standards, but I hope there is some depth and dimension to the front end like in the CSL Concept.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 05:02 PM   #116
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
In terms of the US plate? How does the Alfa Romeo Guilia work in the US? In Europe the plate is offset, classic Alfa if truth be told.

Again I have not seen how the Grilles work with the M3/M4 but this should be rectified fairly soon.
In California many are driving around [illegally] with no front plate attached, but for the few that I've seen with plates, it's offset just under the driver's side headlight.

Here's an example:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 05:12 PM   #117
nemex12
Captain
Rep
Drives: e60,z4

nice decepticon...
      09-08-2019, 05:15 PM   #118
Bimmer5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

If this is the new grill style BMW goes with across all series I'm done, not a fan at all.
      09-08-2019, 05:18 PM   #119
OF Hero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80!

If it has a powerdome of sorts I'll like it.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 05:22 PM   #120
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
The render matches this camo'd car, but isn't the idea of all the camo to hide the final product? that's the part I'm stuck on... they can put whatever they want on the test car and hiding the final product is supposedly* a goal of theirs. Just like the other aspects of the exposed car (hood, wheels, etc) ..

These are photos of the camouflaged F8X from 2013. The car didn't change, so why should we kid ourselves into believing that the new car somehow will?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 05:41 PM   #121
im4su2
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi Coupe, 2016 435i GC

Why the heck do you Photoshop people insist on putting that hideous grill on every iteration of the next gen 4 Series? There's no way BMW is going to risk losing sales for their core product line with that outrageous styling. I guarantee the grill will be closer in dimensions and proportions to the 3 Series.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 05:49 PM   #122
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by im4su2 View Post
Why the heck do you Photoshop people insist on putting that hideous grill on every iteration of the next gen 4 Series? There's no way BMW is going to risk losing sales for their core product line with that outrageous styling. I guarantee the grill will be closer in dimensions and proportions to the 3 Series.
Just glancing at last month's sales, the 4er is the 8th best selling model for BMW. I'd hardly call that a "core" model. Take all the risk you want, people aren't buying cars, they're buying SUVs.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 05:50 PM   #123
bobloblaw
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I have some bad news... just a couple more days!
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24814.00
      09-08-2019, 05:57 PM   #124
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Why the heck are people still in denial after the spy shots show the new grille and Scott all but confirming the new grille design?

Only a couple of more days until the concept reveal.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24814.00
      09-08-2019, 06:08 PM   #125
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
I'll add you to my list. Don't go silent when it's revealed that you are wrong.
Appreciate 2
      09-08-2019, 06:23 PM   #126
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Quote:
Quote:

In California many are driving around [illegally] with no front plate attached, but for the few that I've seen with plates, it's offset just under the driver's side headlight.

Here's an example:

On that picture the plates are not blocking anything. It looks ugly but it doesn't sacrifice cooling.

Now if you think adding to any side of the new G80 it will block air significantly
M 4EVER191.00
      09-08-2019, 06:30 PM   #127
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Melbourne red

This maybe the first time buying out my bmw lease of my m4 cs
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 06:35 PM   #128
cda
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 CLS 550

If it looks anything like that the car will be collecting dust on dealer lots
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 06:37 PM   #129
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Here's an example:

On that picture the plates are not blocking anything. It looks ugly but it doesn't sacrifice cooling.

Now if you think adding to any side of the new G80 it will block air significantly
Well the tow hook seems to be under the passenger headlamp, so if all else fails you could mount it there using an aftermarket solution.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 06:37 PM   #130
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:
How long is your list? I shouldn't be on it as I'm not a denier. Haha

I'm fully aware of the shitshow that's about to transpire
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 06:43 PM   #131
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Quote:
How long is your list? I shouldn't be on it as I'm not a denier. Haha

I'm fully aware of the shitshow that's about to transpire
Let me check and see if you're on it. Lol! Nope, you're not.
Appreciate 1
      09-08-2019, 06:44 PM   #132
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M 4EVER View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
Cabrio is not for me but looks good.

I get to like the grill more and more but, still wish it would be smaller.

Besides that where the hell would you put the huge US plates?

The last picture with chrome makes you really stare at it. Lol
Agree with US plates, there is absolutely no room for it. Literally they are huge and would completely mess the look.
Wondering what size the grill is?
No way I'd ever rock a front plate regardless.
Me either. All front plate citations given to Bimmerpost's California residents will personally be signed off by me. That's the least that I can do for you guys because a U.S. front plate will further bastardize the front end (...unless there's an offset tow hook plate mount).
Very nice indeed ‼️