Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Voice Activation

03-30-2023, 11:43 AM   #23
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M440i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpster View Post
Hey everyone, new here and to BMW. Just picked up my 2023 330e xDrive and was messing with the voice commands. So I told it to roll down all the windows and it did it. Then I told it to roll up all the windows and it tells me that the windows cannot be rolled up with voice commands. Am I missing a setting or what is the reason why they can't be rolled up? Also is there any setting for the amount of steering wheel heat?
I'd guess it's so you can't roll up the windows while leaning through an open one. And the steering wheel is just on or off afaik.

I'm not only bored of voice activation, I'm sick of it mishearing me, and I'm sick of it jumping into conversations when it thinks it's heard its name. Can't remember what OH and I were discussing at the weekend, but the car suddenly says "OK I've switched the map to night view"!

Right pain in the bum and it took me ages to work out how to switch it back.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 02:51 PM   #24
Senna
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 G21 330D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie (Wessex) View Post
I use voice quite a bit to turn A/C off.
Wow thats weird so do I,mainly because I haven’t figured out how to do it manually
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 03:24 PM   #25
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive Touring

I use voice a lot - especially for sending text messages en route. But I activate it using the steering wheel button - I’ve switched off the ‘listen for a keyword’ thing.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2023, 05:42 AM   #26
Seaford
Permanently confused
Rep
Drives: 840i M Sport Gran Coupe

‘Hey bmw can we go on a date’ gets an interesting response…and not always the same!

‘Hey bmw tell me a joke’

‘Hey bmw I’m hot’ turns the air on on full whack (and ventilated seats in my 840)

‘Hey bmw I’m cold’ turns up the heating, heated seats on
Appreciate 0