Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA BMW Assistance - Calling from vehicle

01-12-2021, 06:33 PM   #1
yaholez
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 330i

BMW Assistance - Calling from vehicle

Has anyone ever called using the app in the vehicle? There's an app called "BMW Assistance" and I tried to call BMW Customer Service.

But it puts you through to an answering machine that says "press 1 for finance, press 2 for connecteddrive" etc.

Where do you press the number? There's no keypad on the screen! Just an option end call and a display of my VIN. I tried pressing the number on the quick access panel below the screen but that just activated the function allocated to the number.

Has anyone used this? Or does it just not work?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 05:12 AM   #2
Korbainethor
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

I noticed that too when i tried to use the service. The dialpad button was greyed out so i couldn't use it to pick an option. I do recall flagging that when I sent my car for service recently for that exact reason, I will have to chase them up and see what their response was.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 09:02 PM   #3
TikiTourer
Old Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M340i, Mineral White

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2013 125i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaholez View Post
Has anyone ever called using the app in the vehicle? There's an app called "BMW Assistance" and I tried to call BMW Customer Service.

But it puts you through to an answering machine that says "press 1 for finance, press 2 for connecteddrive" etc.

Where do you press the number? There's no keypad on the screen! Just an option end call and a display of my VIN. I tried pressing the number on the quick access panel below the screen but that just activated the function allocated to the number.

Has anyone used this? Or does it just not work?
Yes, exactly the same problem...no option to select is available ..
Can access it from my phone on Bluetooth though.
The service needs to be renamed imo. BMW No Assistance would be more appropriate.
A guy took my details and rego, and said someone would call back. No one did so I emailed them. Got a reply saying Head Office cannot assist and talk to my dealer. So I replied and asked why they had BMW Assistance if it couldn't assist. Needless to say, they didn't reply. So annoying
Appreciate 0