Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA Any way to track your BMW build for Australia?

03-04-2020, 05:50 PM   #45
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideit View Post
I see, either my dealer is slack or the car has not entered produciton.
Give your dealer a call.
They should definitely know the production date and, therefore, the VIN.
      03-04-2020, 07:32 PM   #46
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Give your dealer a call.
They should definitely know the production date and, therefore, the VIN.
Cheers.

So I did, got the VIN (and downloaded my car's user manual through the app) but he said there's no tracking available. I guess I can get the ship name from him at some point, but is that it?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 10:10 PM   #47
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Cheers.

So I did, got the VIN (and downloaded my car's user manual through the app) but he said there's no tracking available. I guess I can get the ship name from him at some point, but is that it?
Go to the Hoeghautoliners website and put in your VIN.
http://www.hoeghautoliners.com/my-cargo

If the car has been loaded, or is about to be loaded, on a boat, this will show you what ship will be used, when the car will be loaded and when it is due to arrive in Australia.

If the car is not yet at the port, the website will not have any info on your car. You will need to check from day to day, week to week.....
Do you know if your car has been built? What date?

You can check on the actual car build (engine, options, etc) by going to
Mdecoder.com and putting in your VIN. I can’t remember if it the full 17 characters or only the last 7.
bcoz80.50
      03-05-2020, 04:35 AM   #48
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Go to the Hoeghautoliners website and put in your VIN.
http://www.hoeghautoliners.com/my-cargo

If the car has been loaded, or is about to be loaded, on a boat, this will show you what ship will be used, when the car will be loaded and when it is due to arrive in Australia.

If the car is not yet at the port, the website will not have any info on your car. You will need to check from day to day, week to week.....
Do you know if your car has been built? What date?
You sir, are a legend. I didn’t know about this site. I found one earlier that didn’t work anymore.

Plugged my in vin, and it tells me my car will be loaded on the 9th or March and arrive on 22 April!

Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 05:42 AM   #49
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Brilliant.
Glad you managed to find your beast.
Now you have the pain of watching how slowly the ship travels from Europe to OZ.
My ship has been doing only 13 knots......and will now arrive 10 days later than originally planned! Ho hum. Good job I’m a patient person.

BTW, you can tack your ship with
https://www.marinevesseltraffic.com/vessels/
https://www.vesselfinder.com/
Once you open the websites, type in the name of the vessel that your car will be on.
      03-05-2020, 05:44 PM   #50
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Brilliant.
Glad you managed to find your beast.
Now you have the pain of watching how slowly the ship travels from Europe to OZ.
My ship has been doing only 13 knots......and will now arrive 10 days later than originally planned! Ho hum. Good job I’m a patient person.
That sucks! I'll probably go through this in a few days once mine leaves port...
Thanks for all the links!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 11:36 AM   #51
noelos
Rep
Drives: Mazda RX-8, BMW 330i Touring

Quote:
That sucks! I'll probably go through this in a few days once mine leaves port...
Thanks for all the links!
It’s a bit of a torture. It was oddly interesting to see the boat visit Baltimore & Jacksonville after the long Atlantic crossing and even more compelling to see it go around Guantanamo to Kingston and then watch it navigate the Panama Canal. Very educational to learn about that.

Now it’s doing the slow crawl across the Pacific to Auckland and will arrive Port Kembla even later than expected on March 23rd. Fortunately all the way back in October my wife and I anticipated potential delays and made sure to get a fixed delivery date and promise of a loan car written into the contract.

Though the dealership tried to get out of this last month we got pretty insistent and we’re now getting used to these models in a 320d sedan. Still - can’t wait for the 330i Touring coming our way. (Nor can our two month old baby who liked my Mazda RX-8 but wasn’t satisfied with its small boot - my other new hobby is trying to sell that wonderful but too-little car).
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 03:33 PM   #52
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelos View Post
It’s a bit of a torture. It was oddly interesting to see the boat visit Baltimore & Jacksonville after the long Atlantic ... Very educational to learn about that.

I anticipated potential delays and made sure to get a fixed delivery date and promise of a loan car written into the contract.

Though the dealership tried to get out of this last month we got pretty insistent..
Haha...I’m looking at boat just hanging around Antwerp and just see Ng corona cases go up in the area. Hope the crew have good hand washing habits.

I didn’t even think there was just a thing as getting a fixed delivery date. Would be great to get all my learning and messing about done in someone else’s car.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 06:00 PM   #53
noelos
Rep
Drives: Mazda RX-8, BMW 330i Touring

Quote:
I didn’t even think there was just a thing as getting a fixed delivery date.
There is when it’s my wife negotiating and it’s a deal-breaker!

The baby’s delivery wasn’t going to delay to match the vehicle’s.
Appreciate 1
Slideit49.00
      03-16-2020, 05:53 AM   #54
hulugulu
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Hi Guys,

Does anyone car is on the same ship (Prominent Ace) with me? The ship is at Fremantle Port, was scheduled to depart on 16/03. Now they keep extending the departure date. On yesterday, it said the ship will depart on 17/03 at 8pm, and now it said it will depart on 18/03 at 3am.

Do you guys think is it because of the COVID-19?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 03:27 PM   #55
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulugulu View Post
Hi Guys,

Does anyone car is on the same ship (Prominent Ace) with me? The ship is at Fremantle Port, was scheduled to depart on 16/03. Now they keep extending the departure date. On yesterday, it said the ship will depart on 17/03 at 8pm, and now it said it will depart on 18/03 at 3am.

Yes. PBJ and myself have cars on the Prominent Ace.
It’s been in Fremantle for almost three days days now, but I noticed that it is still drawing 9.4 m draft, which suggests that nothing has been unloaded from it. Bit of a worry......
      03-16-2020, 09:34 PM   #56
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i ,17 Impreza,16 Pulsar

Cool on the same boat- the wait is too long...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulugulu View Post
Hi Guys,

i am on the same boat. getting really excited its landed in Australia but its taking its time at fremantle port currently, this is the below site and it says the ETA for port kembla in NSW is 23rd March

https://www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/...sel-movements/

the excitement is real. what colour did people get
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 10:45 PM   #57
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlo238 View Post

the excitement is real. what colour did people get
I have a PB with black / blue stitching on order. Mine is supposed to get to Melbourne around ANZAC day.

Only funny thing is that the dealer told a few days ago that it's close to docking in Melbourne. He's either confused or gave me the wrong VIN.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 11:38 PM   #58
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I have a PB with black / blue stitching on order. Mine is supposed to get to Melbourne around ANZAC day.

Only funny thing is that the dealer told a few days ago that it's close to docking in Melbourne. He's either confused or gave me the wrong VIN.
it did say it arrives in melbourne on the 22nd march upon following the vessle schedule

https://www.hoeghautoliners.com/sail...el&vessel=ZPMA
Appreciate 1
Slideit49.00
      03-17-2020, 03:08 PM   #59
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
[QUOTE=the excitement is real. what colour did people get[/QUOTE]

M340 Sunset Orange with Tartufo (dark tan) Merino leather and OEM aero kit.
The ship schedule suggests the Prominent Ace will dock in Melbourne on 22nd March.
My dealer in Adelaide contacted me yesterday to tell me that the planned delivery date is 10th April. This is 8 days later than the contract date, so I have been offered a loaner for the interim period (my 335 is being traded but runs out of insurance and rego on 3rd April).
      03-18-2020, 01:35 AM   #60
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep

[QUOTE=SteveAus;25936666]
Quote:
Originally Posted by the excitement is real. what colour did people get[/QUOTE

The ship schedule suggests the Prominent Ace will dock in Melbourne on 22nd March.
My dealer in Adelaide contacted me yesterday to tell me that the planned delivery date is 10th April. This is 8 days later than the contract date, so I have been offered a loaner for the interim period (my 335 is being traded but runs out of insurance and rego on 3rd April).
Wow lucky you I just tracked the vessel movement it seems it has been delayed a few details to arrive at Port Kembla! The wait is really unreal why haha
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 02:56 AM   #61
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep

[QUOTE=vlo238;25938593]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the excitement is real. what colour did people get[/QUOTE

Wow lucky you I just tracked the vessel movement it seems it has been delayed a few details to arrive at Port Kembla! The wait is really unreal why haha
Yes good news it's finally moving what a good news can't wait for it to arrive in Port Kembla soon
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 05:33 AM   #62
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport 2020(G20)

BMW Landing Preparation

So happy for you vlo238 and SteveAus
The anticipation must be killing you !!
It's really killing me
Just put in my VIN number and mine is coming , loaded on the ship this Friday, only coming late May though...aaargh

To prepare got some :-
1. BMW M-Sport Alcantara key covers to protect those precious keys !!
2. BMW M-Sport valve caps
3. BMW M Cap (Silver M-Sport logo)
4. BMW M Cap (Mulitcoloured logo)

Still thinking about the tinting as apparently depending on how dark you tint the side windows , the digital dashboard dims and you cannot brighten it as it thinks it is night time.
Anybody had any experience with this?, getting old so need bright light so would be very disappointed if this was the case.
This would make me skip the tinting.

In addition also thinking about the paint protection (Hydro Ceramic) for exterior at the dealer, but pretty expensive for $1250 so not sure about that.

Thanks to all for posting the ship web links , so GOOD !!!

Does anybody know what brand tyres the 330i Msport comes with, I saw a 330i in the showroom today and it had Pirellis , would the M-Sport have the same?

I heard the Michelins were the best fit.

Another question, is Apple Carplay for free now, when I looked through the forums I did see a post about this can anybody confirm that got the "Free confirmation e-mail from BMW"

Any other tips for preparation for the BIG EVENT ?
I would love to know what I can do before my BABY comes.

I was thinking of replacing the plastic paddle shifters with metal ones, I sat in a M2 the other day and those are the ones I want!!
Any idea of if this is possible on the M Sport Steering wheel.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 07:41 AM   #63
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetitan View Post
So happy for you vlo238 and SteveAus
The anticipation must be killing you !!
It's really killing me
Just put in my VIN number and mine is coming , loaded on the ship this Friday, only coming late May though...aaargh

To prepare got some :-
1. BMW M-Sport Alcantara key covers to protect those precious keys !!
2. BMW M-Sport valve caps
3. BMW M Cap (Silver M-Sport logo)
4. BMW M Cap (Mulitcoloured logo)

Still thinking about the tinting as apparently depending on how dark you tint the side windows , the digital dashboard dims and you cannot brighten it as it thinks it is night time.
Anybody had any experience with this?, getting old so need bright light so would be very disappointed if this was the case.

In addition also thinking about the paint protection (Hydro Ceramic) for exterior at the dealer, but pretty expensive for $1250 so not sure about that.

Thanks to all for posting the ship web links , so GOOD !!!

Does anybody know what brand tyres the 330i Msport comes with, I saw a 330i in the showroom today and it had Pirellis , would the M-Sport have the same?

I heard the Michelins were the best fit.

Another question, is Apple Carplay for free now, when I looked through the forums I did see a post about this can anybody confirm that got the "Free confirmation e-mail from BMW"

Any other tips for preparation for the BIG EVENT ?
I would love to know what I can do before my BABY comes.

I was thinking of replacing the plastic paddle shifters with metal ones, I sat in a M2 the other day and those are the ones I want!!
Any idea of if this is possible on the M Sport Steering wheel.
Haha your excitement is popping like popping candy!
Haven't seen any problems with window tint and auto dimming even with darkest legal (ie VLT 30-35%).

Ceramic coats vary in cost - $1250 is prob on the higher end.
Also it won't protect you against stone chips in the way PPF does. I ended up with a combination of both as needed better front protection.

Tyres will vary depending on shipment u less you specifically ask ur dealer to change them on delivery. Mine got stuck with the Potenzas...

Yes apple car play is free - emails came out early dec 2019. Pretty sure someone posted it somewhere in this chat
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 07:45 AM   #64
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Re wool car play

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=25535439
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 03:28 PM   #65
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
[QUOTE=

Any idea of if this is possible on the M Sport Steering wheel.[/QUOTE]

I thought the dimming of the dashboard was controlled by the light sensor around the interior mirror as this sensor controls the automatic headlights. I doubt that window tinting would affect the brightness of the dash. Perhaps a call to your dealer might confirm......BMW Genius or senior mechanic.

I’m sure you can replace the paddles behind the steering wheel. Lots of the guys who bought F30’s did this.
      03-18-2020, 03:33 PM   #66
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
[QUOTE=NoSUV4Me;
Ceramic coats vary in cost - $1250 is prob on the higher end.
Also it won't protect you against stone chips in the way PPF does. I ended up with a combination of both as needed better front protection.
[/QUOTE]

NoSUV4Me,
Can you pass on some information on PPF.
I’m not familiar with this term/product.
Is it a film that is stuck onto the paintwork?
At the moment I’m planning on OptiCoat Plus, but I know this kind of treatment does not protect against stone chips. Let’s face it, hitting an airborne stone at 100 kph is always going to get through a paint coating.