Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Build Status Tracking - 2024 M440i

05-08-2023, 07:31 PM   #45
cr2000
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 440xi Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonsang View Post
I thought all M440i comes with stagger tires regardless of summer or all season. Correct me if I’m wrong.
You are correct. My '23 G26 has 19" All Season Tires, staggered setup... 245/40-19 up front and 255/40-19 in the rear, Pirelli P Zero's.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 10:00 PM   #46
calbearz24
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer86 View Post
Aluminum Rhombicle Anthracite Trim is the standard trim, so it won't show as an option. It will show up if you select any other trim. One thing to consider is that they keep the original trim if you port install the M Performance trim.

If you get all season tires, you'll get the square setup vs staggered, and your top speed is limited to 130 vs 155 with summer performance tires.

Also, considered the Cooling and High Performance Tire Package at all? It includes the cost for the adaptive M suspension and wheels, and adds larger front brakes.

As for the badge, I personally like the Cerium Grey finish. If you do decide to go with the black M440i badge, I would black out the xDrive badge as well or just remove it.
Thanks for the feedback, Bimmer86.

The pricing guide I downloaded for 2024 shows this for the 860M wheels w/All-season non RFT option: 19x8.5, 245/40 R19 front and 19x9.0, 255/40 R19 rear

Does BMW allow substitution of the wheel design with the Cooling and High Performance Tire Package? I really like the 860M wheels I selected and that is much more important to me than the top speed limit and tires. I could always switch to summer tires if the all seasons don't cut it.

For the badge, I thought I saw somewhere that they have changed from Cerium Grey to chrome, though that could have been the 340i LCI I'm remembering instead of the pre-LCI 440i. I'm ok with Cerium Grey but thought the black badge could go better with the CF spoiler. I did find a pic on here of a 340i with the black model badge and stock xDrive badge with CF spoiler and it looked fine to me since there's enough black in the xDrive one.

Turns out this conversation is all for naught: my CA can't add any of the M Performance items I listed to my order. So no CF trim, rear spoiler, sill plates, or black badge, at least right now. I can see how I like whichever emblem it comes with.

Does anyone know if the M Performance parts that can be installed at the port at the vary over time, like based on availability? Or is it per port, where some will have certain parts but others won't? This is my first BMW so all of this customization straight away is new to me.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 10:09 PM   #47
calbearz24
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbearz24 View Post
I did find a pic on here of a 340i with the black model badge and stock xDrive badge with CF spoiler and it looked fine to me since there's enough black in the xDrive one.
This post by Rawhide, but with a correction that it's a gloss black spoiler instead of CF:
https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=69
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 10:35 PM   #48
antenehs
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Giulia - 330i - M440i

Garage List
2024 BMW M440i GC  [10.00]
2019 BMW 330i  [8.50]
Quote:
3/31 at the port
5/8 in transient.
Car is on Horizon Highway
Will arrived at Galveston around 19th!

Seems like there is a delay of updating information. But I’m glad it’s on the way!
Congrats! Did the status update for you on the website? Do you by any chance know when it departed the port? Mine is saying at the port since 5/2.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2023, 08:32 AM   #49
Jasonsang
Rep
Drives: M440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by antenehs View Post
Congrats! Did the status update for you on the website? Do you by any chance know when it departed the port? Mine is saying at the port since 5/2.
Yes. The website was updated on 5/8. The ship now is at somewhere Celtic sea. It might have been departed the port few days. Hope you get on this one. This ship goes Galveston directly. BMW told me the ship comes every few weeks.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2023, 09:10 AM   #50
Cammy440iGC
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440GC xDrive

My Memphis dealer did not have an allocation for the M440i GC I speced but said he would have one for early July when he advised I order the car for October delivery.

Does that sound correct? I have never ordered a car from factory and not sure when BMW sends dealerships new allocation...is it monthly?

Can a dealership trade with another dealership to get an allocation?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2023, 09:34 AM   #51
X5-G05-45e
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i Gran Coupe

A dealer can trade with another dealer for an allocation swap. That is exactly what my CA did and the slot he got was already scheduled and all he had to do was change the car specs to my order.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2023, 01:29 PM   #52
tkim91321
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i | 2024 M440i GC

Garage List
Have a M440i Gran Coupe that arrived at the port today.

Now the longest part of the wait begins...
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2023, 08:14 AM   #53
Dan B
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440i xDrive Gran Coupe

Got my allocation April 28, scheduled to start production May 22nd.

My original post with an update on expected allocation Ordered my 2024 M440ix GC on April 1st. Hope to get an allocation month

Brooklyn Grey metallic ** Changed to Tanzanite Blue if no delay to production start.
19" M Double-spoke Bi-color Wheels, Style 861M with High-performance Non Run-flat Tires
Black Perforated SensaTec
Aluminum Mesh Effect Trim with Ambient Light
Cooling and High Performance Tire Package
Driving Assistance Professional Package
Parking Assistance Package
Premium Package
Shadowline Package
M Sport Brakes with Red Calipers
Drive Recorder
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2023, 10:45 AM   #54
Cammy440iGC
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440GC xDrive

Thanks...good to know dealers can swap for allocations.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2023, 08:14 PM   #55
jchatton1
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M440xi GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5-G05-45e View Post
A dealer can trade with another dealer for an allocation swap. That is exactly what my CA did and the slot he got was already scheduled and all he had to do was change the car specs to my order.
My dealer did the same thing. I placed the order early yesterday 5/10, and by this morning it showed scheduled for production for week 21, the week of 5/21.

My build:
M440i xDrive Gran Coupe
San Remo Green Metallic
Oyster Vernasca Leather
Premium Package
Adaptive M Suspension
19" Style 861M with performance run-flats
SensaTec Dashboard
Front and Rear Heated Seats
High Gloss Fine Wood Ash Grey-Brown Trim
Icon Adaptive LED Headlights with Laserlight
Drive Recorder
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2023, 07:06 PM   #56
Asleep-Albatross
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchatton1 View Post
My dealer did the same thing. I placed the order early yesterday 5/10, and by this morning it showed scheduled for production for week 21, the week of 5/21.

My build:
M440i xDrive Gran Coupe
San Remo Green Metallic
Oyster Vernasca Leather
Premium Package
Adaptive M Suspension
19" Style 861M with performance run-flats
SensaTec Dashboard
Front and Rear Heated Seats
High Gloss Fine Wood Ash Grey-Brown Trim
Icon Adaptive LED Headlights with Laserlight
Drive Recorder
Nice build! Where are these American orders being built? I just placed my order for a custom build on May 8th, and it is already Status 150 as of today (May 12th). Mine's coming from Dingolfing. Shocked (and delighted) it's already starting production.

M440i xDrive Coupe
Brooklyn Grey
Red Sensatec
M Sport Pro Package
Premium Enhanced Package (in Canada this bundles all the tech and comfort options)
Adaptive M Suspension
19" 797M with performance
Rhombicle Trim
Laser Headlights
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 08:57 AM   #57
X5-G05-45e
Private First Class
Rep

The Hawaiian Highway was docked next to the BMW Baltimore MD VPC yesterday according to the Shipinfo web site which means that our 2024 M440i Gran Coupes have moved into the VPC.

The Baltimore VDC is at the green highlighted location in the attached screen snip.

Maybe delivery to Traverse City MI by the end of next week? Fingers crossed.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2023, 10:57 AM   #58
hoonu
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Where do i start…

My fiancé placed an order for a 2023 430i X-Drive Convertible back in Early February and left a cash deposit with the expectation that the car should be ready in a few months. When we ordered, we we’re told that we could only order the 2024 model however they didn’t know what it look like nor the final cost.

Fast forward 3 months and we’re told the vehicle has been shipped and will be ready for pickup on a Sunday we’ll be out of town. So we scheduled pickup the Friday after. On that Friday, we receive a message a saying out car wouldn’t be ready till perhaps Sat if not Monday the following week.

Monday comes and the vehicle still hasn’t been delivered to the dealership. My SA said he would check into but while waiting for a return call, I learned from the Genius Hotline that there was an open recall and they don’t have an ETA. Obviously this was a surprise considering we were asked to pickup the vehicle a week prior. Non the less, we wait and we we’re told the vehicle should be ready soon.

The following Saturday, we’re told the vehicle is ready and it’s ready for pickup… However, on our way there, we get text from the SA saying the forgot the xdrive option and he confirmed that they missed it on the order sheet.

Given that we couldn’t see the build sheet when we placed the order; we didn’t notice this either and now the dealership is trying to get us to buy the vehicle at a marginal discount.

Needless to say, we’re extremely disappointed and was told we could either take the discount or place another order at even lesser discount. The worst part is that the vehicle priced increased by 2k between when we ordered and what’s available so the discount is basically a wash.

Any advice on how to handle this? As a new bmw owner myself, this honestly makes me want to sell own vehicle due to the shear incompetence and lack of compassion when requesting the same discount on the correct model.

The only other option I see that’s remotely close is a m440i version however it doesn’t the parking assistance package.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2023, 12:10 PM   #59
X5-G05-45e
Private First Class
Rep

My CA placed my order and then had me review and sign a copy of the order as accepted by BMW. That document listed every selection/option/package on the car with the MSRP for each. It also had the model/exterior color/interior color.

Once the order is accepted by BMW my CA provided a Production number that you can enter in BMW MY Garage and then track the progress of your built. The listing in MY Garage also lists all the ordered items on the car.

It sucks that your CA did such a poor job of informing you on your order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoonu View Post
Where do i start…

My fiancé placed an order for a 2023 430i X-Drive Convertible back in Early February and left a cash deposit with the expectation that the car should be ready in a few months. When we ordered, we we’re told that we could only order the 2024 model however they didn’t know what it look like nor the final cost.

Fast forward 3 months and we’re told the vehicle has been shipped and will be ready for pickup on a Sunday we’ll be out of town. So we scheduled pickup the Friday after. On that Friday, we receive a message a saying out car wouldn’t be ready till perhaps Sat if not Monday the following week.

Monday comes and the vehicle still hasn’t been delivered to the dealership. My SA said he would check into but while waiting for a return call, I learned from the Genius Hotline that there was an open recall and they don’t have an ETA. Obviously this was a surprise considering we were asked to pickup the vehicle a week prior. Non the less, we wait and we we’re told the vehicle should be ready soon.

The following Saturday, we’re told the vehicle is ready and it’s ready for pickup… However, on our way there, we get text from the SA saying the forgot the xdrive option and he confirmed that they missed it on the order sheet.

Given that we couldn’t see the build sheet when we placed the order; we didn’t notice this either and now the dealership is trying to get us to buy the vehicle at a marginal discount.

Needless to say, we’re extremely disappointed and was told we could either take the discount or place another order at even lesser discount. The worst part is that the vehicle priced increased by 2k between when we ordered and what’s available so the discount is basically a wash.

Any advice on how to handle this? As a new bmw owner myself, this honestly makes me want to sell own vehicle due to the shear incompetence and lack of compassion when requesting the same discount on the correct model.

The only other option I see that’s remotely close is a m440i version however it doesn’t the parking assistance package.
Appreciate 1
hoonu1.50
      05-14-2023, 01:00 PM   #60
hoonu
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
My CA placed my order and then had me review and sign a copy of the order as accepted by BMW. That document listed every selection/option/package on the car with the MSRP for each. It also had the model/exterior color/interior color.

Once the order is accepted by BMW my CA provided a Production number that you can enter in BMW MY Garage and then track the progress of your built. The listing in MY Garage also lists all the ordered items on the car.

It sucks that your CA did such a poor job of informing you on your order.
You’re telling me. It’s an honest mistake and I get it however I feel like the dealership could care less that we’re not getting the car we ordered. If anything, I feel like they should be making the same offer on the model we actually want considering we’re still willing to wait for it. Selling it to us for the price we originally agreed upon (2023 Price) hardly seems like a deal considering the headache. What’s to say they will even get this one right? Seems like I might as well take my business elsewhere which is a shame because we have 2 BMWs in the family and was adding 1 now and another in the near future.

That said, I don’t fault my SA anymore than the Inventory Manager. If anything, I feel like the dealership is leaving these guys out to dry while passing the buck. Almost literally.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2023, 06:12 AM   #61
X5-G05-45e
Private First Class
Rep

My status has officially changed to At the port so it did get off-loaded on Friday/Saturday and is at the VPC.

Hopefully it will go In Transit again in the next day or so and be here by Friday.

Quote:
The Hawaiian Highway was docked next to the BMW Baltimore MD VPC yesterday according to the Shipinfo web site which means that our 2024 M440i Gran Coupes have moved into the VPC.

The Baltimore VDC is at the green highlighted location in the attached screen snip.

Maybe delivery to Traverse City MI by the end of next week? Fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2023, 08:00 AM   #62
24-M440i
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M440I Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
My status has officially changed to At the port so it did get off-loaded on Friday/Saturday and is at the VPC.

Hopefully it will go In Transit again in the next day or so and be here by Friday.
Same thing here mine just changed to at the port as well. Hopefully they process our cars as fast possible and ship to dealerships by end of this week or early next week.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2023, 08:17 AM   #63
Jasonsang
Rep
Drives: M440i

Wonder if everyone gets saving on the MSRP for m440i. Seems like 2000 dollars off is common nowadays.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2023, 08:02 AM   #64
tkim91321
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i | 2024 M440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Wonder if everyone gets saving on the MSRP for m440i. Seems like 2000 dollars off is common nowadays.
Jasonsang I ordered a m440i GC back in late March. 71k MSRP and 3.5k off.

2024 X5 M60i: Tanzanite Blue, Tartufo Merino, 20" 740M, all packages.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2023, 09:18 AM   #65
Bobvegas
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport (G21)

Garage List
My car has gone into production (m440 gc), does anyone know how long it takes to go from productions to delivery?

I’ve now got the VIN, finally getting there after ordering at the end of Jan!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2023, 12:56 PM   #66
24-M440i
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M440I Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobvegas View Post
My car has gone into production (m440 gc), does anyone know how long it takes to go from productions to delivery?

I’ve now got the VIN, finally getting there after ordering at the end of Jan!
From what i experienced. It will take about 1 month to 1 1/2 month from the end of production to delivering it to your dealership.

Mine completed production on April 14th and was put on a ship on or around May 1st. It came to Baltimore on 14th May. It is now sitting at VPC in Baltimore for 3 days now and i think it will be at my dealership by end of next week.
Appreciate 0