Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin Oil light won't reset

01-28-2024, 10:25 AM   #1
ct330
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw 330

Oil light won't reset

I've changed the oil in my 2020 330ix and can't get the oil light to reset...I triple tap the start button, car chimes and gauge panel shows it going into Diagnostic Mode then start pressing the BC button at the end of the turn signal stalk but the menu to reset oil or any of the fluids never comes up (counted 30+ seconds!). Any idea what needs to be done different or is going wrong? Not sure if it makes a difference but my car has the older style gauge panel (all DIYs seem to on the newer style)
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 11:58 AM   #2
prostcfc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

If you didn't get an alert to change the oil (or perhaps if it's not in a specific window), I don't think it can be reset this way. Need a diag tool like BimmerLink if you're not seeing the option.
Appreciate 0