Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics G20 - Automatic headlight keeps turning off

01-23-2023, 08:08 PM   #1
cligslayer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 330i xDrive

G20 - Automatic headlight keeps turning off

Hey all, got a 22 330xi g20, laser lights, I removed the 5AP anti dazzle decoding VO code using bimmerutility (and thus e-sys) and flashed appropriate modules. All was great for many months. Within the last 2-3 months though, my auto headlights keep turning off randomly on their own, and I can’t find any rhyme or reason. I'm not talking about the actual high beams themselves (blue indicator), I’m talking about the auto headlight feature (green headlight icon with an A) will just shut off, night or day (when headlights get triggered from rain or twilight), even when high beams are currently on sometimes. It may not happen for days, but then when it does happen it might be 5, 10 times in a row. I can literally almost fight it as I click it on it will just as quickly kick em back off. Then when it’s finally done fighting me they will stay on for a while. It can be with oncoming traffic. It can be on an empty road. It can be at lower speeds. It can be on the highway. There's literally no pattern to it, and it appears to spontaneously occur, and then usually has several instances in a very short time.

I have links to a few videos I’m posting below. One is during twilight, the other two are at night. Any suggestions would be helpful, or at least a way to determine why it keeps turning off. thanks!!

https://youtube.com/shorts/BJGp6R9xVSU?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/hMPFM5DOIvA?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/BaZRaywaQY0?feature=share
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 11:10 AM   #2
cligslayer
United_States
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2023, 11:41 AM   #3
cligslayer
United_States
Rep

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2023, 07:40 AM   #4
Redditor9000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i GC

No clue- Since the car is new, it should be a warranty fix tho?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2023, 08:05 AM   #5
cligslayer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redditor9000 View Post
No clue- Since the car is new, it should be a warranty fix tho?
Yeah it is, I have it going in for an oil change next week, so I’ll show the videos then. I’ve dealt with electrical issues in the past on other vehicles and it can sometimes be a pain getting the dealership to get it fixed 😅 figured I’d check here first in case anyone else has had a similar issue. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2023, 02:49 PM   #6
Redditor9000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i GC

“ I’ve dealt with electrical issues in the past on other vehicles and it can sometimes be a pain getting the dealership to get it fixed”

I feel your pain- especially if they can’t reproduce the problem.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2023, 09:43 AM   #7
cligslayer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redditor9000 View Post
“ I’ve dealt with electrical issues in the past on other vehicles and it can sometimes be a pain getting the dealership to get it fixed”

I feel your pain- especially if they can’t reproduce the problem.
exactly! hopefully the vids add some credibility to my claims, but with the frequency hopefully someone can get it to happen while there.
Appreciate 0