Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B48 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Dyno results/review - G20 330i w/ Turbo Transformer Tune

07-28-2022, 12:20 PM   #45
billnchristy
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440xi GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bquatt View Post
BMW did reinforce the crank, change the turbo and make a few other internal changes on the B48 that is found in the M235i and JCW Cooper. Those cars push just over 300 hp from the factory. I am assuming this was done out of an abundance of caution and to allow for the necessary margin they build into their engines. Who knows though? How are the older B48 engines holding up that have been tuned? I have not heard of any major issues.
I used to have an X2 m35i with that engine. It would hit 22.8psi stock.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2022, 03:35 PM   #46
turnsignalslol
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztech View Post
Is this with Turbo Transformer on a 330i? The 93 Octane @ +3psi acceleration numbers looks like the best possible numbers through a custom tune. It's surprising because a custom tune on Bootmod will run, an additional $300-$700....putting your grand total over $1000 (including BM). Your telling me for $199 the TT I would have got similar results ?! I'm kind of bummed.
Then again Bootmod3 is a full tuning platform, TT is just a piggyback

Good thing about BM3 is that you can customize literally everything and piggybacks are just modern day boost controllers
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2022, 01:35 AM   #47
turnsignalslol
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 G87 M2

Any updates on the car? I think I'm doing +6 psi with Map 3 on JB4 with a E30 mix but I haven't gotten to dyno it yet...

Is the car doing alright? Any weird issues to look out for?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2023, 01:38 PM   #48
Motickz
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeMan View Post
Theirs always going to be a handful of engines that fail. The reason for the performance models having beefed up components is for long-term reliability and repeatability. The fact is, most of us who have piggybacks will never need the beefed-up parts as we don't thrash our cars 24/7 - at least speaking for myself. Look at the previous-gen N20 and tunning, very rarely have they let go and there are millions of them out there.

With that said, you always run the additional risk of failure when tuning your car, whatever component that is - nothing is 100% fail-proof.

On a side note. Here is my 0-60 run with this exact setup and 275 Mih PS4 using coded launch control.
Wow. I have the same setup , could you update me on what exact settings you were running in TT such as base and slope. Also did you ever try turning boost to 4 for faster times?
Appreciate 0