Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Armaspeed alloy intake B58

02-02-2024, 01:34 AM   #1
nolanshamrock
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw M340i 2020

Armaspeed alloy intake B58

I have been wanting to upgrade the sound on my car and give it a little something extra for a while now, and initially, I had no plans to acquire this through an intake. However, I stumbled upon the alloy Intake kit from Arma Speed, and its reviews on how good it sounded got my attention. I conducted further research since there were't too many reviews available. Deciding to take a chance, I opted to share my experience for those contemplating an intake purchase for their m340.

The Arma Speed intake surpasses my expectations in terms of craftsmanship. The carbon material used to connect the hose to the air filter is top quality and is far from the flimsy plastic feel that the oem air intake has. the alloy airbox is beautiful to look at and will withstand heat much better than plasic. I have no concerns about durability. Clearly, considerable time and effort were invested in this intake's production, I can only imagine what the full carbon kit is like. Having used other intakes in the past, I can confidently say that this one stands out as exceptionally well-made.

The packaging deserves recognition, as each component was meticulously wrapped, ensuring its safety during transit. this is undoubtedly one the finest intakes currently available in the market available for the G20 M340i and the packaging corresponds to that.

Installation proved to be relatively straightforward. Clear written instructions were provided, making it accessible even for those unfamiliar with the process. With minimal effort, one can complete the installation in 1-2 hours. Personally, I spent about a couple hours doing this because i wanted to clean and ensure everything fit right.

Fitment is another area where Armaspeed excelled. The components snugly fit together, and all holes align precisely, showcasing the meticulous attention to detail. Overall, I am very impressed with the Armaspeed intake and would recommend it to anyone seeking a high-quality and visually appealing addition to their vehicle for a reasonable price.
Attached Images

Last edited by nolanshamrock; 02-02-2024 at 01:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 11:23 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 05:05 PM   #3
Davg31
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: G23

I hesitated, but after reading a lot of tests that it brings nothing at all to the B58 apart from sound, I didn't dare.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 06:45 AM   #4
huzidada
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021G21 M340 Xdive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davg31 View Post
I hesitated, but after reading a lot of tests that it brings nothing at all to the B58 apart from sound, I didn't dare.
Yeah the stock airbox is amazing, you'd change to this when doing Hybrid with some decent boost
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 12:32 AM   #5
ARMASPEED
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

Appreciate 0