Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Remote Start does not turn on heated seats/steering wheel?

01-15-2020, 06:19 PM   #155
Preciseyyc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 35i G20 m340

Tested mine again today after sitting for several hours.
Remote started it.
Again, front and rear defroster and steering wheel working.
And middle of both upper and lower front seats were warmer than the edges, and console lid.

So it appears the seats do come on. But a very low level, seemingly just enough to take the ice cold edge off.

I felt various places of both front seats to confirm Infact both middles were warmer, and nobody has sat in passenger seat in days, so definitely not that, as well as bolsters, head rests and pull out portions were still ice cold like arm rest and back seats.

Software 11/2019.40 Canada
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 06:37 PM   #156
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciseyyc View Post
Remote started it.
And middle of both upper and lower front seats were warmer than the edges, and console lid.

So it appears the seats do come on. But a very low level, seemingly just enough to take the ice cold edge off.

I felt various places of both front seats to confirm Infact both middles were warmer, and nobody has sat in passenger seat in days, so definitely not that, as well as bolsters, head rests and pull out portions were still ice cold like arm rest and back seats.

Yes!! Definitely exactly how mine works!

Software 11.2019.29 (Canada)
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2020, 06:43 AM   #157
sonicflux
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I'm a joke, you post up some random photos and was like; 'voila, see, heated everything. Believe me, because my ass is warm..'

Enjoy, Burrcold.. Maybe the heat will help remove that stick that's obviously lodged up your ass..

What next, the software update activates your Flux Capacitor and your car can time travel to when you had sense?

I'm out now, this is becoming a "joke," you and your warm ass can have the last word.
That’s not the first time you’ve said you were done with this topic. And you said I wouldn’t “stop.” Projection much?

You’ve said multiple times how you don’t care about me, yet you write long posts with fumbling attempts to insult me and generally being a jerk to everyone else.

You’re a hypocrite. You’ve made that clear to everyone. At this point, it’s almost sad seeing you flailing about like this. I have no idea why you’re so passionate about disagreeing with someone who says their seat is warm.

You really picked a stupid battle.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 06:58 AM   #158
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicflux View Post
Quote:
I'm a joke, you post up some random photos and was like; 'voila, see, heated everything. Believe me, because my ass is warm..'

Enjoy, Burrcold.. Maybe the heat will help remove that stick that's obviously lodged up your ass..

What next, the software update activates your Flux Capacitor and your car can time travel to when you had sense?

I'm out now, this is becoming a "joke," you and your warm ass can have the last word.
That's not the first time you've said you were done with this topic. And you said I wouldn't "stop." Projection much?

You've said multiple times how you don't care about me, yet you write long posts with fumbling attempts to insult me and generally being a jerk to everyone else.

You're a hypocrite. You've made that clear to everyone. At this point, it's almost sad seeing you flailing about like this. I have no idea why you're so passionate about disagreeing with someone who says their seat is warm.

You really picked a stupid battle.
I guess I'll have to bear the cross of "flailing" to some strangers on the internet.. I'll try to live with the disappointment..

Enjoy your warm seat and your day, bro✌🏻
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 07:53 AM   #159
eddiehaug
Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
2023 BMW i4M50  [0.00]
Has anybody living in the US and running software 11.2019, who owns a non-e 3 series, tried this? I saw some posts ago that people weren't sure if it was because of the new software or not. Was that settled already? Is it like that the function is not available in the US?

Can anybody living in Europe and has a non-e and is running 11.2019 check if it works for them and confirm?

It looks like this is a very US-specific issue.

Previous BMWs: 330e Touring xDrive (G21, 2021), 330e (G20, 2019), 530e (G30, 2018).
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 07:59 AM   #160
Spec23
Private
Rep
Drives: na

It's -12F this morning, wish the seat and steering wheel warmers would turn on with remote start.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50
      01-16-2020, 08:49 AM   #161
eddiehaug
Lieutenant
Norway
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW i4M50  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec23 View Post
It's -12F this morning, wish the seat and steering wheel warmers would turn on with remote start.
And you're running 11.2019, right?

Previous BMWs: 330e Touring xDrive (G21, 2021), 330e (G20, 2019), 530e (G30, 2018).
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 09:17 AM   #162
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaug View Post
Has anybody living in the US and running software 11.2019, who owns a non-e 3 series, tried this? I saw some posts ago that people weren't sure if it was because of the new software or not. Was that settled already? Is it like that the function is not available in the US?

Can anybody living in Europe and has a non-e and is running 11.2019 check if it works for them and confirm?

It looks like this is a very US-specific issue.
@ls3c6 posted that they observed heated steering wheel USA 11.2019.40

OP Spec23 can you post your software version?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 03:22 PM   #163
renedx
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 745Le & BMW i7

It's not that difficult. Per price list; E models have pre-heating as part of the e-drive services.

The regular models need pre-heater installed as an option. Your engine does warm your system and fluids, for some this may work for some it doesn't.

If you have pre-heating and do remote start, pre-heating will activate too.

I just ordered a 745Le and had to dig trough all the options and combination, as I always do before buying. I ask the tech people questions per option that isn't there on all models as I want to understand why and how. Thats how I know.

If this sounds too logical, no problem, but as long as you didn't buy the pre-heater, you'll not get pre-heating, unless you got an e model.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 12:42 PM   #164
2020g20
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by renedx View Post
It's not that difficult. Per price list; E models have pre-heating as part of the e-drive services.

The regular models need pre-heater installed as an option. Your engine does warm your system and fluids, for some this may work for some it doesn't.

I just ordered a 745Le and had to dig trough all the options and combination, as I always do before buying. I ask the tech people questions per option that isn't there on all models as I want to understand why and how. Thats how I know.

If this sounds too logical, no problem, but as long as you didn't buy the pre-heater, you'll not get pre-heating, unless you got an e model.
Any reference you can point to for more information on this? I explored the U.S. build-to-order options extensively before ordering my 330i, and I never saw any mention of a 'pre-heater' option. Are you sure you're not confusing an EU option as being globally available in all markets, or confusing options on models that have no bearing on the G20 330i/m340?

What you're implying is that BMW is selling the G20 in North America with a "remote start & remote climatization" option, but then obscuring an additional "pre-heater" option in the background that no one knows about (but is required for full remote climatization). That makes even far less sense than the other non-sensical things we are already talking about.

Last edited by 2020g20; 01-17-2020 at 01:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 01:35 PM   #165
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020g20 View Post
Any reference you can point to for more information on this? I explored the U.S. build-to-order options extensively before ordering my 330i, and I never saw any mention of a 'pre-heater' option. Are you sure you're not confusing an EU option as being globally available in all markets, or confusing options on models that have no bearing on the G20 330i/m340?

What you're implying is that BMW is selling the G20 in North America with a "remote start & remote climatization" option, but then obscuring an additional "pre-heater" option in the background that no one knows about (but is required for full remote climatization). That makes even far less sense than the other non-sensical things we are already talking about.
Pretty sure he's from Europe so the pre-heater as an option is irrelevant to this conversation (North American market).
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 01:41 PM   #166
2020g20
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Pretty sure he's from Europe so the pre-heater as an option is irrelevant to this conversation (North American market).
I would tend to agree. But thought for a second he might know something we didn't since he started his post with an overly-confident "It's not that difficult." When I make a know-it-all remark like that I first make sure to double-check that I actually do know it all. There seems to be a severe lack of that approach in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 02:36 PM   #167
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I would tend to agree. But thought for a second he might know something we didn't since he started his post with an overly-confident "It's not that difficult." When I make a know-it-all remark like that I first make sure to double-check that I actually do know it all. There seems to be a severe lack of that approach in this thread.
Lol agreed.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 06:02 PM   #168
CrownRoyal79
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Quote:
Quote:
Remote started it.

USA 2019/11.40

In iDrive I have it set to automatically turn on the seat and steering wheel heaters when the temp is below 40 degrees Fahrenheit.

I remote started the car and let it sit for about 10 minutes before I left the house. As soon as I get in, the steering wheel is nice and warm like it's been heating on full power. But the seat felt ice cold. As soon as I press the ignition button the seat heater lights turn on and start to heat up after a minute.
Appreciate 2
Poochie9104.50
eddiehaug748.50
      01-17-2020, 07:06 PM   #169
renedx
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 745Le & BMW i7

Quote:
Quote:

Totally confusing EU with US options. My apologies. I wrote that post a bit on the late hours of the day, confusing 4DHA with 4AHD.

My post should cover the EU part in facts at least.

Again, sorry for the confusion. I'm not knowledgeable enough on the remote code in your area to provide proper answer to your continent.

**moving back to reading only before writing something stupid again, only made an account as I 100% know how that code works, haha**
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 12:19 AM   #170
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownRoyal79 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Remote started it.

USA 2019/11.40

In iDrive I have it set to automatically turn on the seat and steering wheel heaters when the temp is below 40 degrees Fahrenheit.

I remote started the car and let it sit for about 10 minutes before I left the house. As soon as I get in, the steering wheel is nice and warm like it's been heating on full power. But the seat felt ice cold. As soon as I press the ignition button the seat heater lights turn on and start to heat up after a minute.
Thanks for the update, I was going to roll the dice and pay out of pocket to see if this recent software revision kick starts the Remote Start/ heated seats, as claim by some members here but now that you're confirmed it's not possible, I don't have to bother..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 01:17 AM   #171
KrisJ
Rep
Drives: 330e G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_dracula View Post
My 330e G20 automatically does heat up the seats and the steering wheel when using the remote climate which is cool because my F30 didn't
I can confirm this is the case
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 01:28 AM   #172
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Again, sorry for the confusion. I'm not knowledgeable enough on the remote code in your area to provide proper answer to your continent.
https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=25649868

The HVAC system in an electric vehicle functions differently from a combustion engine, regardless of the regional specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_dracula View Post
My 330e G20 automatically does heat up the seats and the steering wheel when using the remote climate which is cool because my F30 didn't
I can confirm this is the case
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 08:32 AM   #173
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the update, I was going to roll the dice and pay out of pocket to see if this recent software revision kick starts the Remote Start/ heated seats, as claim by some members here but now that you're confirmed it's not possible, I don't have to bother..
Guess it's just a Canadian thing...
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50
      01-18-2020, 09:35 AM   #174
Preciseyyc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 35i G20 m340

Quote:
Quote:
Guess it's just a Canadian thing...
They feel for us with our -40c 😂
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50
      01-18-2020, 10:11 AM   #175
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
They feel for us with our -40c 😂
😂😂 yup it's the least they could do for us!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 01:54 PM   #176
eddiehaug
Lieutenant
Norway
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW i4M50  [0.00]
I have noticed something analysing some of the European sites and the American site. In Norway and Germany, there exists something called the "Winter package" for non-e 3 series. The Winter package contains something called the Auxiliary Heater, which:

"The auxiliary heater including timer function enables the passenger compartment to be individually tempered in colder temperatures without starting the engine. It also prevents the windows from freezing and fogging. The parking heater is controlled and activated, for example, using the BMW display key, the BMW Connected app or the iDrive controller.

A water heater is used as the heating source, which is supplied with energy via the fuel system. The cold engine is also preheated via the cooling system. This further reduces fuel consumption in the warm-up phase. The parking heater is ready for use with a pre-selected switch-on time below an outside temperature of 15 ° C and with direct switch-on at any temperature. In warmer temperatures, parking ventilation ensures a cooler interior."

Looking at the American and Canadian sites, I noticed that instead of using that you have the Remote Start option, which effectively turns on the engine. I wonder if this system could be combined with turning on the steering wheel heating and the seat heating under certain temperature to be able to achieve the same as with the -e versions.

Appreciate 0