Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B48 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications DME Tuning Stage 1 review 2019 330i G20

01-12-2023, 10:53 PM   #45
michael.bramblett
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G20

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztech View Post
I'm writing up a Dinan review now, with video.....
Bringing up this old thread as I wanted to see if anyone else had gotten the tune and or if OP has been having anymore issues. I went to Dinan to purchase and saw my dealer was an installer. so I would have gotten a loaner while they shipped. Contacted the dealer and they said they are highly discouraging tunes(still a certified installer so couldn’t flat out say no) after some issues reported on the b46 tune and then a customer being thrown into the middle of a warranty claim between Dinan and BMW on the Dinan+ Causing them too much headache.

I’m new to tuning, only have done it on one other car due to the selling dealer offering me apr plus for the price of the regular apr tune. 15 minutes in and out and not one issue or delay with claim a year later by VW or APR. so I’m getting a little nervous now.

Also, anyone see that piggyback Dinan just released? Maybe a little safer? Again, I’m new and uneducated to tuning.. thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2023, 12:49 PM   #46
bquatt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 330xi m-sport

Do you have any more info on the “issue” the customer had?
Appreciate 0