Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Drivers side air vent rattle ?

04-07-2023, 02:49 AM   #1
LimavadyG21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G21 320i M Sport

Drivers side air vent rattle ?

So , 3000 miles in to G21 LCI ownership , and the car has started to develop a VERY noticeable buzzing/rattling from the drivers side air vent area ( the one to the right of the steering wheel, by the door ).

Just wondering if I am right in assuming that it will be coming from inside the vent , or is there a known issue of rattles from anywhere close to this vent that i should be investigating ?

I've tried pressing everything as it happens when driving , but nothing affects it

Thanks in advance for any help
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2023, 05:28 AM   #2
peelerec
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i Mineral Grey

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [10.00]
I’ve never heard of any rattles through the climate vents. Their are definitely known rattles/noises known from the sunroof, and rear seat area. I would go and get that checked out by the dealer.
      04-08-2023, 01:13 PM   #3
Martsatart
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i G21

I had this on mine . I removed the vent using pry tools(be careful there is an electrical connector to remove) and on close inspection found that not all clips that hold it together were fully latched. Its not too difficult to carefully open it up so while I was at it I lubricated all moving bits with silicone grease. Snapped all back together and refitted - silence !
I saw a you tube video somewhere that showed the vent removal as part of a dash cam fitting I think but can't find it now.
Appreciate 2
      04-09-2023, 05:18 AM   #4
LimavadyG21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G21 320i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martsatart View Post
I had this on mine . I removed the vent using pry tools(be careful there is an electrical connector to remove) and on close inspection found that not all clips that hold it together were fully latched. Its not too difficult to carefully open it up so while I was at it I lubricated all moving bits with silicone grease. Snapped all back together and refitted - silence !
I saw a you tube video somewhere that showed the vent removal as part of a dash cam fitting I think but can't find it now.
Thanks for the info .. appreciated

Don't have any pry tools , and sods law I would snap something anyway , but I'll get it to the dealer and they can sort it, especially as I can let them know what the prime culprit is.
Appreciate 1