Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK AC Schnitzer sports suspension for cars with adaptive suspension

01-19-2024, 05:45 AM   #23
johnboysafc
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e MSport Xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorcan View Post
AC Schnitzer springs don't have any more "consequential loss" warranty than any other brand. They did when BMW GB were the importers up to 2007, but this is no longer the case.

Having said that, they do have model-specific TUV certification and are sold and fitted by some BMW dealers, and AC Schnitzer are part of the Kohl Group, one of the largest BMW dealer groups in Germany, so they will do their best to help.

If a warranty claim is refused due to the springs get the refusal IN WRITING and send it to us, if we supplied them, or AC Schnitzer UK (now The Performance Company). We have an excellent track record of defending such cases.
Cheers Lorcan, as always you know your stuff. I guess the best / safest bet would be to directly enquire with my BMW garage see would they fit and therefore honour any warranty issue?
      01-19-2024, 06:06 AM   #24
Lorcan
The artist formerly known as AC Schnitzer UK
Rep
Drives: The Yellow Peril

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboysafc View Post
Cheers Lorcan, as always you know your stuff. I guess the best / safest bet would be to directly enquire with my BMW garage see would they fit and therefore honour any warranty issue?
Worth a try. It often comes down to the individual service manager's decision. Some of them are reasonable people. I should state that I'm talking with regard to the factory warranty here, not any kind of extended warranty. Extended warranties, whether from BMW or not, are basically insurance policies. As such, they will have a list of exclusions in the small print. They are not, whatever they tell you, the same animal as a factory warranty.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2024, 07:50 AM   #25
johnboysafc
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e MSport Xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorcan View Post
Worth a try. It often comes down to the individual service manager's decision. Some of them are reasonable people. I should state that I'm talking with regard to the factory warranty here, not any kind of extended warranty. Extended warranties, whether from BMW or not, are basically insurance policies. As such, they will have a list of exclusions in the small print. They are not, whatever they tell you, the same animal as a factory warranty.
yeah me too, factory warranty. Cheers
Lorcan3609.00