Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Yet another parking rant...

07-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
MZHammer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E85 Z4M, F82 M4

Garage List
2016 M4  [0.00]
2006 BMW Z4M Roadster  [0.00]
Yet another parking rant...

So, I attended a charity/memorial golf tournament this past weekend, at a fairly reputable course. The weather was nice and the drive to the course was over an hour from my house, so I took the MR. I got to the course nice and early and parked the car in the absolute furthest parking spot in the entire lot, which also had a median on one side. I took care to park extremely close to the median, to allow for extra room on the side that my car would share with another vehicle. I grabbed my gear and went to check-in for the tourney, then returned less than 15 minutes later, to drop back off the welcome gift-bag, I had been given. This is what I was greeted with:

Let me be clear, there was still lots of space between the cars and no damage was done, but I just don't understand the choice, when the rest of the lot looks like this:

/rant
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #2
ScarecrowBoat
Zooombie attaaack!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328

Not everybody puts as much thought into parking as you, relax. If anything, they assumed you would be nice to their car so think of it as a compliment.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
MZHammer
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2016 M4  [0.00]
I'm quite relaxed, thanks. Just thought I would share, as I know others may get a kick out of it, or simply shake their head, like I did. Serves me right I guess, for mistakenly putting this in a section I didn't intend to.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #4
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
You need to put cones out or rope off the area around your car.
      07-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #5
MZHammer
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2016 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
You need to put cones out or rope off the area around your car.

Thinking about velvet ropes and maybe a bouncer too. Do you think him having an earpiece/headset would be overkill??
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #6
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

To be honest, I'd park like the guy next to you did too. You still have plenty of space, it's clear that he couldn't door ding you from there, and he gets a little extra space on his drivers side. Frankly, it looks like two nice enough cars avoiding the riff raff of your other picture.

If he'd been close enough to door ding you than I'd see your issue, but as shown above, I see no problem. Of course I use my daily driver to heckle people who park poorly, so once you'd left, I'd have likely parked right on the other side of that stripe and crawled out of the passenger door. My daily has a ton of dings and is currently parked about three inches from some idiot that was fully over the stripe.
Appreciate 1
      07-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #7
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Asshat, how hard is it to park in between the fucking lines? That shit pisses me off, if you aren't that angry its ok, I'm mad enough for the both of us just looking at this

Roar
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #8
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla

You guys love your cars way too much.

Not just cars, area around it too.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #9
arielucrz
Rep
Drives: bmw

I'm quite relaxed, thanks. Just thought I would share
      07-10-2013, 06:11 AM   #10
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Why did you park so far from the curb? You hardly gave that other guy any space to park his ride...
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 07:27 AM   #11
mproudfoot
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d F31 M Sport

I'm always inclined to park next to nicer cars based on the assumption that the owners will be as careful about opening their doors as I am. Not always a correct assumption unfortunately, but if you park next to some old rustbuckets (or park in empty spaces where said rustbuckets may be parked), you stand a much higher chance of having some moron givie as little consideration to your car as they do their own.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 10:23 AM   #12
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mproudfoot View Post
I'm always inclined to park next to nicer cars based on the assumption that the owners will be as careful about opening their doors as I am. Not always a correct assumption unfortunately, but if you park next to some old rustbuckets (or park in empty spaces where said rustbuckets may be parked), you stand a much higher chance of having some moron givie as little consideration to your car as they do their own.
+1
take it as a compliment

but yeah... I stared at the pic for 20 seconds trying to find the damage, thanks for wasting my time lol
      07-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #13
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

For a while I was using a wheelchair. Not long enough to go through the bureaucracy to get a handicap parking permit, though. So when I parked, I usually looked for an end spot with the driver's side facing the median. Even if still within the lines, the cars next to me had no sympathy for this whatsoever, and I got angry notes left on my windshield.
And once a motorcycle parked in the space I had left next to my door for the wheelchair.

If people tried to be a little less selfish, it would be a lot easier for all of us.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #14
ScarecrowBoat
Zooombie attaaack!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovsnus View Post
For a while I was using a wheelchair. Not long enough to go through the bureaucracy to get a handicap parking permit, though. So when I parked, I usually looked for an end spot with the driver's side facing the median. Even if still within the lines, the cars next to me had no sympathy for this whatsoever, and I got angry notes left on my windshield.
And once a motorcycle parked in the space I had left next to my door for the wheelchair.

If people tried to be a little less selfish, it would be a lot easier for all of us.
Sorry, but I don't buy stuff like this. You got angry note(s) from parking in-between the lines?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #15
Z4inAZ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 2.5 03

If anything, I think the CTS owner said "I like this BMW guy's idea, I will also park my car out here for safety. My car will also act as a buffer between any other pieces of crap and this nice BMW"

I dont think it was malicious at all. If anything, maybe the opposite. Probably he drove there with no passengar and parked a little in your space to do the same thing you did - prevent door dings on the driver's side.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #16
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
To be honest, I'd park like the guy next to you did too. You still have plenty of space, it's clear that he couldn't door ding you from there, and he gets a little extra space on his drivers side. Frankly, it looks like two nice enough cars avoiding the riff raff of your other picture.

If he'd been close enough to door ding you than I'd see your issue, but as shown above, I see no problem. Of course I use my daily driver to heckle people who park poorly, so once you'd left, I'd have likely parked right on the other side of that stripe and crawled out of the passenger door. My daily has a ton of dings and is currently parked about three inches from some idiot that was fully over the stripe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4inAZ View Post
If anything, I think the CTS owner said "I like this BMW guy's idea, I will also park my car out here for safety. My car will also act as a buffer between any other pieces of crap and this nice BMW"

I dont think it was malicious at all. If anything, maybe the opposite. Probably he drove there with no passengar and parked a little in your space to do the same thing you did - prevent door dings on the driver's side.
winner winner chicken dinner.

If I saw your BMW in a spot like that I would probably park in a similar method that the neighboring vehicle did. I wouldn't park as badly as him, but I understand his thinking [or I could be completely wrong and he parked like this to piss you off ]
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #17
MZHammer
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2016 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMBC2015 View Post
You know, if you just park like a normal fucking person, MOST people are sensible enough to not ding your car with their door. Parking like a retard only brings unwanted attention and inclines others to mess with your car, or park close to you. Park far away, of course, but not like a jackass. When you see a BMW parked like that, the first thing that comes to mind isn't going to be, "oh, he really loves his car! I better not park next to him". No. It will be "what a fucking douchebag, AND driving a BMW. I'ma park right next to him and accidentally hit his car with my door, and accidentally walk too closely with my key perpendicular to his car".
Wow. You must keep your therapist busy.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 03:12 AM   #18
gumpy_999
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 125i

OP i feel your pain, i'd have the same reaction...
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #19
CWysong
tuned n dropped 335xi
Rep
Drives: '09 335i Xdrive e90

its not that the car parked next to him, its that its so Fn close!! and over the line, which is completely unnecessary. Not to mention extremely uncourteous, for those of you saying he only parked there to compliment his car. Why crowd him out but to be a douche and flex some imaginary CTS muscle he thinks that car actually has.

Park in your Fn space! nice caddie, dick driver.
      07-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #20
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You know, if you just park like a normal fucking person, MOST people are sensible enough to not ding your car with their door. Parking like a retard only brings unwanted attention and inclines others to mess with your car, or park close to you. Park far away, of course, but not like a jackass. When you see a BMW parked like that, the first thing that comes to mind isn't going to be, "oh, he really loves his car! I better not park next to him". No. It will be "what a fucking douchebag, AND driving a BMW. I'ma park right next to him and accidentally hit his car with my door, and accidentally walk too closely with my key perpendicular to his car".
Any chance you keyed the trunk lid of a black 1989 E30 325i in the parking lot of Henderson's Warf in Fell's Point back around July 20th of 1997 or so?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #21
vasmir
eh
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 M, 2016 F25

Nice M Roadster
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #22
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
1. I was 5 years old in 1997
2. I never said I've keyed anyone's car. Why? Because I've never keyed anyone's car
3. You people need to learn how to understand rhetorical statements
Rhetorical statements are written by humans....
Appreciate 0