Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge Eagles vs Patriots Super Bowl LII

02-01-2018, 04:22 PM   #67
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memaxndapickel View Post
If anyone has not seen Guillermo from Jimmy Kimmels show, go watch "Guillermo at Super bowl opening night 2018". Pretty funny!
Tx man, you were right.

Why does that Tom have to be so likable? Making it hard for me to root against the Pats lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 07:46 PM   #68
vooonoo
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rep
Drives: f30 328

Garage List
2014 f30 328i  [0.00]
I can't wait for sunday!.... but i can wait for monday.... Go birds
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 08:22 AM   #69
Memaxndapickel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Tx man, you were right.

Why does that Tom have to be so likable? Making it hard for me to root against the Pats lol.
I know right! I deff am not rooting for the pats but I don't hate tom.

LETS GO EAGLES!!!! 🦅
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 08:36 AM   #70
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Tx man, you were right.

Yeah, it's true. The patriots are probably one of my least favorite, but watching Brady is a thrill and in some way it's like you want to see him make the comeback. He's popular here, being from San Mateo. And also having watched the Facebook documentary Tom vs Time just showed his true character.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 11:34 AM   #71
PA135ii
seeking salvation
Rep
Drives: 18 Camaro SS 08 CR-V

Are we seeing two dynasties at a crossroads here?

The Patriots on the downside and the Eagles just starting theirs.
Regardless if the Eagles win this game or not, they are doing it without their best player Carson Wentz .. Philly fans are in for a few more trips to this game in the next 10 years.

BUDLIGHT is ready. DILLY DILLY IN PHILLY PHILLY.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 10:56 AM   #72
CSI
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11e91 & 13e70d

Stay classy Philly fans.

https://instagram.com/p/BesQRJ9lkeK/...ource=ig_embed
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 11:03 AM   #73
Memaxndapickel
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSI View Post
All teams have shitty fans, not just philly. Did you see the video of the Vikings fans beating up a 13 year old saints fan?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 11:11 AM   #74
CSI
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11e91 & 13e70d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memaxndapickel View Post
All teams have shitty fans, not just philly. Did you see the video of the Vikings fans beating up a 13 year old saints fan?
Yes, they do. The problem with Philly fans is that it's about 90% of them that act this way. I get it, your city's teams have sucked for a very long time, but try to remember it's just a friggin child's game and throwing glass at strangers because they're wearing an opposing teams shirt is beyond unacceptable. Philly fans threw snowballs at Santa Claus if I recall correctly. Absolute Neanderthals.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50
      02-03-2018, 11:12 AM   #75
gallian93
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 cs/72 tii

Garage List
BIRDS!, BIRDS!,BIRDS!, BIRDS!,BIRDS!, BIRDS!,BIRDS!, BIRDS!,BIRDS!, BIRDS!,BIRDS!, BIRDS!,BIRDS!, BIRDS!,BIRDS!, BIRDS!,BIRDS!, BIRDS!,BIRDS!, BIRDS!,BIRDS!, BIRDS!!!!!

E_A_G_L_E_S .....EAGLES!!!!

sorry, obnoxious philly fan here!!!! we are all doing the time, so may as well commit the crime....

E_A_G_L_E_S .....EAGLES!!!!

here is a link to overblown reputation as the ONLY rowdy fans in all of footballdom

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/03/58287...tion-overblown
[/B]2018 BMW M3 CS (SMB) (Daily Driver)1991 E30 w S52 swap(New addition)[/B]1972 BMW 2002tii (ITS ALIVE)2013 X5M (Wife's DD) ,2009 AUDI A4 3.2 (Winter/Aupair) 2010 e90 M3 (Sold 2020),2011 X5 5.0i (Traded 2019),2007 335 IX(sold 2018),2008 Z4 MC (sold 2017 Still sad about it), 2011 X6M (sold 2015)2008 E93 M3 (Traded 2013), 2005 e46 M3(solidified affair)(wrecked 2010), 2002 330Ci (started love affair)(Sold 2009)
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 12:56 PM   #76
RedCarrot
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 AW M2

Quote:
The Pats are a GREAT team/dynasty, no doubt about that. *However*, TWO of the SBs were gifted due to bone-headed plays of the opposing team. Also, if the deflategate thing didn't matter, don't do it in the first place, obviously it's some intangible thing.

I dunno why anyone would root for the Pats. So boring.

Fly Eagles fly!
You conveniently forgot Pats “gifted” away SB 42 when Asante Samuel dropped an easy pick on the Giants’ winning TD drive, and the refs “gifted” Giants the Tyree’s catch by ignoring 2 blatant holdings on the play by their OL.

You also forgot Seahawks were “gifted” a 33-yard catch on that drive when the defended/deflected ball fell on Kearse’s lap while he was sitting on the ground.

You lack understanding of basic science. See the tire pressure difference between when a car has been sitting in a warm garage and when that same car has been sitting in a cold parking lot. It’s a very simple experiment to conduct on football if you so choose... or watch such experiments on YouTube conducted by esteemed academics. Lastly, did you know 3 of 4 Colts footballs measured were under-inflated below limit?
'00 S2000 (2000-2005)
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 01:03 PM   #77
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCarrot View Post
You conveniently forgot Pats “gifted” away SB 42 when Asante Samuel dropped an easy pick on the Giants’ winning TD drive, and the refs “gifted” Giants the Tyree’s catch by ignoring 2 blatant holdings on the play by their OL.

You also forgot Seahawks were “gifted” a 33-yard catch on that drive when the defended/deflected ball fell on Kearse’s lap while he was sitting on the ground.

You lack understanding of basic science. See the tire pressure difference between when a car has been sitting in a warm garage and when that same car has been sitting in a cold parking lot. It’s a very simple experiment to conduct on football if you so choose... or watch such experiments on YouTube conducted by esteemed academics. Lastly, did you know 3 of 4 Colts footballs measured were under-inflated below limit?
I'm talking about Pats SB wins, no idea about their losses.

Re deflategate, it was proven they messed w the pressures, the silly thing was it was all obviously some intangible preference. Still, don't ignore that fact and make excuses.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 01:52 PM   #78
uniqueMR
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ...

Eagles deserve a win but Patriots are favorite to win
1 day to go for Superbowl
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 02:03 PM   #79
RedCarrot
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm talking about Pats SB wins, no idea about their losses.

Re deflategate, it was proven they messed w the pressures, the silly thing was it was all obviously some intangible preference. Still, don't ignore that fact and make excuses.
So you take away Pats SB wins by other teams’ “boneheaded” plays but you don’t flip Pats SB loses to wins when Pats made “boneheaded” plays in those loses?

How about Julio Jones’ slip and fall in the end zone on Falcon’s last offensive play? Eagles would have gone home one-and-done if not for that “boneheaded” play, according to your logic.

What is the prove they messed with the pressure? The science proved exactly otherwise, you just choose to ignore it. You’d think any car enthusiast would understand the correlation between temperature and air pressure.
'00 S2000 (2000-2005)
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 02:50 PM   #80
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
So you take away Pats SB wins by other teams’ “boneheaded” plays but you don’t flip Pats SB loses to wins when Pats made “boneheaded” plays in those loses?

How about Julio Jones’ slip and fall in the end zone on Falcon’s last offensive play? Eagles would have gone home one-and-done if not for that “boneheaded” play, according to your logic.

What is the prove they messed with the pressure? The science proved exactly otherwise, you just choose to ignore it. You’d think any car enthusiast would understand the correlation between temperature and air pressure.
I'm not aware of those other teams' supposed gaffes; anyway, I'm talking about *SB* gaffes, who knows/cares what happens in the playoffs, even if they win no guarantee they'll lift the trophy.

If they don't want their detractors to have any ammo, stop w/ the voodoo messing around w/ the pressures (esp since it's all psychological), are you saying they were innocent and 0 was done to the balls? Cmon.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 03:53 PM   #81
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...with-illnesses

Hopefully it’ not the bird flu that they caught...
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 04:07 PM   #82
RedCarrot
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm not aware of those other teams' supposed gaffes; anyway, I'm talking about *SB* gaffes, who knows/cares what happens in the playoffs, even if they win no guarantee they'll lift the trophy.

If they don't want their detractors to have any ammo, stop w/ the voodoo messing around w/ the pressures (esp since it's all psychological), are you saying they were innocent and 0 was done to the balls? Cmon.
I did bring up SB gaffes - those committed by the Pats. My point was if you are going to take away Pats SB wins bc of other teams’ gaffe, then it’s only fare that you credit Pats SB wins on actual losses that were attributed by Pats’ own gaffe.

I am saying they are innocent. I still don’t see the prove that you mentioned. Please do one simple, honest experiment for me and I will cease my argument with you on this forever. Inflate a warm room temperature football or basketball (that does not leak) to 13 psi. Then leave it in your Toronto outdoor or in your fridge (game time temperature was low 40’s F, and wet) for 1.5 hrs. Then measure the psi of that same ball with the same gauge. You should find psi would drop by 1 to 2 psi, the same psi range that the Pats AND COLTS footballs had lost by when measured during half time.

Other absolute FACTS to consider on the 2 micky mouse gauges that the ref used to measure the footballs before game time and at halftime: both have bent needles (damaged); one has needle twice the length of the other; one measures .5 psi higher than the other; and the ref didn’t remember which gauge he used to measure which balls or when.

NFL finally decided to seriously capture ball psi data for all teams in the following 2015 season, but refused to release that data despite insistence from the media and public. But if one is willing to watch some credible experiment on YouTube, and/or conduct a similar experiment him/herself, and/or understand the Ideal Gas Law, and/or listen to esteemed academics/experts (some of whom are in NY and lifetime Jets fan) on the subject matter, he/she can arrive at the conclusion that Goddell is hoping to hide from you.
'00 S2000 (2000-2005)
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 04:42 PM   #83
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I did bring up SB gaffes - those committed by the Pats. My point was if you are going to take away Pats SB wins bc of other teams’ gaffe, then it’s only fare that you credit Pats SB wins on actual losses that were attributed by Pats’ own gaffe.

I am saying they are innocent. I still don’t see the prove that you mentioned. Please do one simple, honest experiment for me and I will cease my argument with you on this forever. Inflate a warm room temperature football or basketball (that does not leak) to 13 psi. Then leave it in your Toronto outdoor or in your fridge (game time temperature was low 40’s F, and wet) for 1.5 hrs. Then measure the psi of that same ball with the same gauge. You should find psi would drop by 1 to 2 psi, the same psi range that the Pats AND COLTS footballs had lost by when measured during half time.

Other absolute FACTS to consider on the 2 micky mouse gauges that the ref used to measure the footballs before game time and at halftime: both have bent needles (damaged); one has needle twice the length of the other; one measures .5 psi higher than the other; and the ref didn’t remember which gauge he used to measure which balls or when.

NFL finally decided to seriously capture ball psi data for all teams in the following 2015 season, but refused to release that data despite insistence from the media and public. But if one is willing to watch some credible experiment on YouTube, and/or conduct a similar experiment him/herself, and/or understand the Ideal Gas Law, and/or listen to esteemed academics/experts (some of whom are in NY and lifetime Jets fan) on the subject matter, he/she can arrive at the conclusion that Goddell is hoping to hide from you.
Like I said, I'm not aware of the Pats gaffes. not as to crucial plays. Anyway...

Well, Brady was suspended right? I'm not sure how you really could believe they didn't do anything w the balls...Bet your life think so that kind?

Well, you jinxed it for the Pats tmw hahaha.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 05:43 PM   #84
RedCarrot
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Like I said, I'm not aware of the Pats gaffes. not as to crucial plays. Anyway...

Well, Brady was suspended right? I'm not sure how you really could believe they didn't do anything w the balls...Bet your life think so that kind?

Well, you jinxed it for the Pats tmw hahaha.
Not as crucial? They are all game changing plays inside the last 2 minutes of SB games! You clearly don’t know anything about SB history even when that info is provided to you (reread my first post).

Knew you would use the suspension as barometer for guilt while ignoring hard scientific evidence proving otherwise. That would be like measuring the distance between Boston and Cape of Hope using a rubber band instead of GPS in order to fit your narrative. Look into the suspension records under Goodell, and why players are preparing to “go to war” in the next CBA negotiation.

And jinx my @$$. If Brady putting himself on the cover of Madden this season doesn’t jinx the Pats, nothing you or I say or do will.

I am still waiting for the evidence you spoke of. And an explanation why the Colts balls were also under inflated.
'00 S2000 (2000-2005)
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 06:11 PM   #85
Josh (PA)
Banned
Rep
Drives: '11 135 vert, '13 x5, '03 e46

Eagles Nation representing... Fly Eagles, Fly:

and the Underdog
Appreciate 2
vooonoo537.00
      02-03-2018, 10:22 PM   #86
Memaxndapickel
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
Eagles Nation representing... Fly Eagles, Fly:

and the Underdog
Yeah man!!!! Your dogs gorgeous and beautiful house!

LETS GO EAGLES!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 10:34 PM   #87
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Not as crucial? They are all game changing plays inside the last 2 minutes of SB games! You clearly don’t know anything about SB history even when that info is provided to you (reread my first post).

Knew you would use the suspension as barometer for guilt while ignoring hard scientific evidence proving otherwise. That would be like measuring the distance between Boston and Cape of Hope using a rubber band instead of GPS in order to fit your narrative. Look into the suspension records under Goodell, and why players are preparing to “go to war” in the next CBA negotiation.

And jinx my @$$. If Brady putting himself on the cover of Madden this season doesn’t jinx the Pats, nothing you or I say or do will.

I am still waiting for the evidence you spoke of. And an explanation why the Colts balls were also under inflated.
Just because you write a wall of text doesn't make it right. Pats Missed a pick, that's on them but definitely No gimme. Helmet catch was amazing, NO idea about any alleged holding.

Again, are you willing to bet your life they didn't mess w the balls? What does your gut tell you? Or you gonna continue being biased fan?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 01:49 AM   #88
RedCarrot
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just because you write a wall of text doesn't make it right. Pats Missed a pick, that's on them but definitely No gimme. Helmet catch was amazing, NO idea about any alleged holding.

Again, are you willing to bet your life they didn't mess w the balls? What does your gut tell you? Or you gonna continue being biased fan?
Just because you don’t know shit and ignore facts don’t make it right either.

What are you, a child, on betting life? Fine, I’ll bite. What do I get in return if I win? If you can give me additional 40 years of youth if I win, then, yes, I bet my life in this lifetime and any lifetime after this one. So what has that accomplished? You are so childish

My gut AND my brain tell me they didn’t mess with the ball. Now kindly provide solid proofs that they did.
'00 S2000 (2000-2005)
Appreciate 0