Bimmerpost
3
&
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Trip Log: A BMW Fan in Munich

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-25-2021, 04:05 AM   #1
mockngbrd
Private
338
Rep
85
Posts

Drives: 1974 BMW 2002 / Toyota Mark II
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Trip Log: A BMW Fan in Munich

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Since I was so blessed to have had the opportunity to fly over to Munich to drive the M240i / M440i, a 13+hr flight from Singapore. Having not travelled since Covid shut down the world almost 2 years ago, I figured it made plenty of sense to arrange for my flight into Germany a few days earlier for some sightseeing on my own, along with a visit to the BMW Welt and museum. (I also popped by Stuttgart after that)

So, just in the spirit of sharing, here's my visit to the Welt and the museum. (And a quick look around Group Classic)



Hope you all like it. If you all don't mind, I'll share my Stuttgart adventures too once I find the time to pen them.

Part 1: AN AUTO-OTAKU IN MUNICH 2021: VISITING THE BMW WELT
https://garage36.wordpress.com/2021/...-the-bmw-welt/

Part 2:
AN AUTO-OTAKU IN MUNICH 2021: VISITING THE BMW MUSEUM PART 1

https://garage36.wordpress.com/2021/...museum-part-1/

Part 3: AN AUTO-OTAKU IN MUNICH 2021: VISITING THE BMW MUSEUM PART 2
https://garage36.wordpress.com/2021/...museum-part-2/

Part 4: AN AUTO-OTAKU IN MUNICH 2021: A QUICK PEEK INTO BMW GROUP CLASSIC
https://garage36.wordpress.com/2021/...group-classic/
Appreciate 21
Jason32506.50
nomoracin717.00
cb8041957.00
Wing Co225.50
zamboni1018.00
///M TOWN5802.50
Davil4830.00
BMWGirlFL3508.50
Wanted_M435.50
toned36.50
shadowfax1281.50
mat9133.50
M3EEE130.50
Fakemike365.00
      11-25-2021, 10:42 AM   #2
Germanauto
Major General
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
7968
Rep
5,395
Posts

Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for sharing.

My dream vacation was to take delivery of a new BMW M2 from BMW Welt. Sadly this will never happen.
__________________
Former
-2008 E90 328 black/brown
-2012 Lexus IS250 black/black
Appreciate 2
Kingpin4337.50
///M TOWN5802.50
      11-25-2021, 11:19 AM   #3
BMW DIY Guy
Colonel
BMW DIY Guy's Avatar
United_States
1952
Rep
2,487
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Competition
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Maple Valley WA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Thanks for sharing.

My dream vacation was to take delivery of a new BMW M2 from BMW Welt. Sadly this will never happen.
Me too...honestly really heartbroken
__________________
Check out my BMW DIY Channel on YouTube! F32, F80, E39, E46, E53, and E83 projects from Active Autowerke, TuningTechFS, Kies Motorsports, AvinUSA, Karbonius Composites and more!
** YouTube BMW DIY Guy ** ** Facebook BMW DIY Guy **
'Lillith' F87 M2 Competition Build Thread
'Imperator Furiosa' F32 435i Build Thread
Appreciate 2
///M TOWN5802.50
Germanauto7968.00
      11-25-2021, 11:27 AM   #4
nomoracin
Captain
United_States
717
Rep
996
Posts

Drives: Porsche GTS 4.0
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

I was lucky enough to to ED on my '19 M2 Comp a couple years ago. What an experience!

I'm not good with taking photos like you though. Even though, I have most of those shots on my phone, yours look superiorly better than mine. Haha
Appreciate 1
NEfan5081723.50
      11-25-2021, 12:05 PM   #5
Dimitri
Lieutenant
Dimitri's Avatar
United_States
298
Rep
484
Posts

Drives: 18 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Awesome pics thanks for sharing. I loved my European delivery years ago it was great to visit the Welt and the museum. Too bad they aren't doing it for US customers anymore I would have def done another one.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 02:26 PM   #6
PatriciaPetterson
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: BMW E36
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
Awesome pics thanks for sharing. I loved my European delivery years ago it was great to visit the Welt and the museum. Too bad they aren't doing it for US customers anymore I would have def done another one.
https://seriale.best/ opinie o Immediate Edge polecam filmy za darmo
OMG awesome? Only its amazing. My childhood dreams unfulfilled!

Last edited by PatriciaPetterson; 01-10-2022 at 09:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 06:48 PM   #7
Davil
Colonel
Davil's Avatar
Australia
4830
Rep
2,533
Posts

Drives: Various
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Really enjoyable read. Thanks for posting this.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 08:32 PM   #8
mockngbrd
Private
338
Rep
85
Posts

Drives: 1974 BMW 2002 / Toyota Mark II
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Really enjoyable read. Thanks for posting this.
Thanks for reading! I'll share my visit to Stuttgart too once I get them done
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 08:34 PM   #9
mockngbrd
Private
338
Rep
85
Posts

Drives: 1974 BMW 2002 / Toyota Mark II
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoracin View Post
Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

I was lucky enough to to ED on my '19 M2 Comp a couple years ago. What an experience!

I'm not good with taking photos like you though. Even though, I have most of those shots on my phone, yours look superiorly better than mine. Haha
Maybe I got lucky since I got there early and it was pretty much empty haha
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 04:24 AM   #10
MadBimmeRad
Colonel
MadBimmeRad's Avatar
No_Country
3367
Rep
2,511
Posts

Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Adelaide

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mockngbrd View Post

Hope you all like it.


Down the hall was a collection of Roadsters, starting with this 507. The first of the modern BMW roadsters. As you can see, iDrive has improved quite a lot since then.
That's hilarious
__________________
M2CS,
The second coming of ///M!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 08:07 AM   #11
IcewaterPete
Captain
United_States
809
Rep
671
Posts

Drives: 2020 F33 M Sport, 2021 M2C 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the pics and stories! I’d love to get inside Group Classic for a tour sometime.
Appreciate 1
mockngbrd338.00
      12-10-2021, 03:16 AM   #12
mockngbrd
Private
338
Rep
85
Posts

Drives: 1974 BMW 2002 / Toyota Mark II
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Thanks everyone for reading my post

Finally had some extra time to start on my visit to Stuttgart.
Beginning with this:

Travelling from Munich to Stuttgart and lunch at Christophorus
https://garage36.wordpress.com/2021/...christophorus/




Porsche museum Part 1
https://garage36.wordpress.com/2021/...museum-part-1/
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2021, 08:19 PM   #13
calidude
New Member
United_States
2
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Did the trip about 7 years ago myself, looking forward to seeing Stuttgart someday and thanks for sharing. Germany is a beautiful country…
Appreciate 1
      12-20-2021, 03:48 AM   #14
mockngbrd
Private
338
Rep
85
Posts

Drives: 1974 BMW 2002 / Toyota Mark II
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Finally had some time to do up Part II

Porsche museum Part 1
https://garage36.wordpress.com/2021/...museum-part-2/

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 04:05 AM   #15
fekog45261
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 F10
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Warszawa

iTrader: (0)

Really enjoyable read. Thanks for posting this.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 08:52 AM   #16
riwaxep918
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW F10
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Warsaw

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockngbrd View Post
Since I was so blessed to have had the opportunity to fly over to Munich to drive the M240i / M440i, a 13+hr flight from Singapore. Having not travelled since Covid shut down the world almost 2 years ago, I figured it made plenty of sense to arrange for my flight into Germany a few days earlier for some sightseeing on my own, along with a visit to the BMW Welt and museum. (I also popped by Stuttgart after that)

So, just in the spirit of sharing, here's my visit to the Welt and the museum. (And a quick look around Group Classic)



Hope you all like it. If you all don't mind, I'll share my Stuttgart adventures too once I find the time to pen them.

Part 1: AN AUTO-OTAKU IN MUNICH 2021: VISITING THE BMW WELT
https://garage36.wordpress.com/2021/...-the-bmw-welt/

Part 2:
AN AUTO-OTAKU IN MUNICH 2021: VISITING THE BMW MUSEUM PART 1

https://garage36.wordpress.com/2021/...museum-part-1/

Part 3: AN AUTO-OTAKU IN MUNICH 2021: VISITING THE BMW MUSEUM PART 2
https://garage36.wordpress.com/2021/...museum-part-2/

Part 4: AN AUTO-OTAKU IN MUNICH 2021: A QUICK PEEK INTO BMW GROUP CLASSIC
https://garage36.wordpress.com/2021/...group-classic/
Król Lew (2019)
Thanks for posting this.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 04:24 AM   #17
benbrown
New Member
5
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: F30 340i
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Love the pictures
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2022, 08:42 PM   #18
mockngbrd
Private
338
Rep
85
Posts

Drives: 1974 BMW 2002 / Toyota Mark II
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Finally had some free time to update:

Mercedes-Benz museum Part 1
https://garage36.wordpress.com/2022/...museum-part-1/
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2022, 03:46 AM   #19
mockngbrd
Private
338
Rep
85
Posts

Drives: 1974 BMW 2002 / Toyota Mark II
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

AN AUTO-OTAKU IN STUTTGART 2021: VISITING THE MERCEDES-BENZ MUSEUM PART 2

https://garage36.wordpress.com/2022/...museum-part-2/

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 10:45 PM   #20
mockngbrd
Private
338
Rep
85
Posts

Drives: 1974 BMW 2002 / Toyota Mark II
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Finishing off my trip log with Part III in the MB museum and some city random snaps.

https://garage36.wordpress.com/2022/...museum-part-3/




https://garage36.wordpress.com/2022/...m-city-sights/

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 04:07 AM   #21
wekat18490
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: BMW E92 M3
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Warsaw

iTrader: (0)

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bmw

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 AM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST