W00PS
Private
Rep
Drives: Nissan Maxima, G82 M4

Garage List
2021 BMW M4  [10.00]
  [0.00]
BGM Glamour Shots + CT Carbon Spoiler Install

Had my spoiler swapped out by my PPF guy this week with a CT Design spoiler from CT Carbon, ordered from AutoID.

He also snapped some glamour shots before the swap.

I honestly think this is the best looking spoiler on the G82. It’s a perfect OEM+ look and grabs the body line that goes through the rear fender above the taillight and carries that body line through the spoiler. The high kick was a little extreme.

A couple notes on the spoiler. I had to take it in and have it refinished which was a bit of a pain. CT Carbon suggested refinishing the piece based on the images I sent them. It had a small “hole” in the clear coat with white build up in it presumably from the polishing at the factory. Granted, it was a pin prick hole, I didn’t want to take a perfect factory CF part off for a flawed one. When I brought the piece to my CF guy, we noticed a ton of roughness, small scratches, general low quality clear coat crap and “fish eyes” in the finish, looks like little divots all throughout the flat areas of the clear coat. He had to sand and refinish it twice.

Regardless, it looks fantastic on the car now and I am in love.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
CMW33363.00
      05-08-2024, 11:31 AM   #2
CMW33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp

Looks excellent but man, I don't think you should've been put through the expense and trouble of sanding and refinishing it, let alone twice. Unless it was pretty cheap, CT should've done something for you if it needed that much work. All that said, the finished product does look good.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 01:32 PM   #3
W00PS
Private
Rep
Drives: Nissan Maxima, G82 M4

Garage List
2021 BMW M4  [10.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMW33 View Post
Looks excellent but man, I don't think you should've been put through the expense and trouble of sanding and refinishing it, let alone twice. Unless it was pretty cheap, CT should've done something for you if it needed that much work. All that said, the finished product does look good.
Yea. It was pretty frustrating. They did refund me $30. Apparently the majority of the CF parts from different sellers come from just a couple factories in china, so I think QC is an ongoing issue. If BMW offered this same spoiler with their manufacturing I’m sure it would be 1200-1500. So, still a bargain at $270 + $200 for refinishing.

The style was most important to me and this really checked all the boxes for the look I was going for. OEM, just a bit more aggressive.

Here’s some before shots. In the first picture if you zoom in you can see the general roughness and dullness of the finish. Looks marred with micro abrasions. The body shop owner said probably from them reusing dirty equipment to polish.

And the little pin prick white dot right at the tip of the point on the left side of the spoiler. Apparently the white in that dot is from the buffing process. The dust built up. It doesn’t look bad in that picture, but again, I wasn’t willing to remove a perfect factory piece to put on something flawed.

What you can’t see is the “fish eyes”, which in the right lighting would have looked terrible on the car. Little divots all through the clear coat. Kind of resembled BBs being pressed into the clear coat.

Finally a pic from the body shop fixing it up nice.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0