Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos 08 M3 + 19 year old = bad

Closed Thread

07-22-2008, 11:40 AM   #45
dimeesq
Private
Rep
Drives: 135 Vert

I was at an Audi dealership a few years ago and a guy was telling me a story...16 year old kid comes in with his dad and picks out an S4 Cabrio...they pay cash. Comes back a week later and they buy another one. Turns out the kid totaled the car doing something stupid. I only hope the kid learned his lesson because it appears the dad didn't. Stupidity doesn't discriminate based on age.

2008 BMW 135 Vert
Montego Blue
Coral Red
HGB Trim
Cold Weather
Premium
Sport
Comfort Access
IPOD and USB
Satellite Radio
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 11:48 AM   #46
blklacker
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

This pisses me off because its trash like this which make insurance rates for all drivers go up. I wish the driver would have lost an arm.

after taxes I'm sure that the car was $70k, It had 1000 miles on it. The damage to the home is at least $30k worth of damage. Thank god no innocents were hurt.

The OP friend/driver is a dumb ass and I wish the driver would have gotten hurt because honestly it would be the only way he would learn from the experience. I'm sure this rich spoiled kid did not learn his lesson and hes probably car shopping this week for a new ride. Next time someone is going to get killed. Ridiculous , I hope the home owners sue their asses for every penny so they can understand what it means to earn something and be responsible.

-135i BSM, CRBL ,custom front lip/Indianapolis red fade, blacked out tail lights/corner headlights, golf tee, BMS Air intake, SSTT, CF spoiler,Powdered coated OEM rims gunmetal high gloss,custom Rear diffuser Black/Indianapolis red fade
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 11:49 AM   #47
backtoreality15
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Seriously how can an 18 year old 'deserve' an expensive M3. Did you do well on your high scool exams? In my day that may have resulted in a new bicycle. Give me a break.
If you read the rest of his post I think you will understand that he's trying to say that if he earns the money for it, then he should be able to drive it.

Quote:
Next time someone is going to get killed. Ridiculous , I hope the home owners sue their asses for every penny so they can understand what it means to earn something and be responsible.
They damn well better, that kind of damage to a house won't ever go away. And maybe his parents will think twice about getting him another car from his stupidity.
      07-22-2008, 12:02 PM   #48
blklacker
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtoreality15 View Post
If you read the rest of his post I think you will understand that he's trying to say that if he earns the money for it, then he should be able to drive it.

They damn well better, that kind of damage to a house won't ever go away. And maybe his parents will think twice about getting him another car from his stupidity.
Its on his parents stupidity also the driver is not the only party at fault they enabled the situation.

-135i BSM, CRBL ,custom front lip/Indianapolis red fade, blacked out tail lights/corner headlights, golf tee, BMS Air intake, SSTT, CF spoiler,Powdered coated OEM rims gunmetal high gloss,custom Rear diffuser Black/Indianapolis red fade
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 12:34 PM   #49
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

Quote:
Seriously how can an 18 year old 'deserve' an expensive M3. Did you do well on your high scool exams? In my day that may have resulted in a new bicycle. Give me a break.
Well we all can think that. Which I in fact do. But, the fact of the matter is that although I believe I deserve it doesn't mean I have the money to pay for it. :biggrin: Btw, what part of So Cal was this in? I had a blast in my 19 year old friends daddy's C5 few months ago.

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 01:28 PM   #50
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

I definitely deserve a GT3 RS. Who's going to pony up? :iono:
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 02:21 PM   #51
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzftw View Post
Being 18 years old and saying I deserve a nice car such as an M3 or 135i is true. However, I would hate to know that my rich ass parents bought it for me. Fact of the matter is that teenagers need to learn the value of money! I am currently working 2 jobs. 1: Kragen Auto Parts $10.25/hr 2: Safeway $8.75/hr. Trust me, I am buying my own dam 1. With my own money. I hope you all feel the same way. Reading that post on E46fanatics.com disturbs me.

+1000

Im 18 and i bought my 135 entirerly myself (working 50 hours a week for the past 9 months and saving every dime, while in high school)

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 02:31 PM   #52
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
if he saves the money and pays for it himself how does he not deserve it? The only thing different between you and him is your ages.
so lets see. .you deserve a 1er becasue your a bit older (presumably) and have a career (presumably), and he doesnt deserve a 1er becasue he's 18 and works at safeway. Even though he has saved his money and will be paying for the car himself. .
give me a break

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 03:07 PM   #53
s204speed
Private
Rep
Drives: Subaru

How is there anything else to say about the "young-kid-getting-a-nice-car" topic? It has been exhausted to death on every internet car forum. There is nothing new to add. :reposthorse:

However if he is a douche bag and a bad driver, we create a thread like this and laugh at him and the unbeknown closed head injuries he has/will have...

I honestly do feel bad for the passengers though.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 03:32 PM   #54
ScottyGams
Uber-Lee7 Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

TRUE, AND HIS INSURANCE IS SCREWED FOR ALL ETERNITY, SO ITS NO BIG DEAL.

I GUESS HIS PARENTS WON'T MAKE THE SMAE MISTAKE AGAIN
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 03:55 PM   #55
jbenington86
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i, 2017 Tundra

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
2008 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardianangel3290 View Post
+1000

Im 18 and i bought my 135 entirerly myself (working 50 hours a week for the past 9 months and saving every dime, while in high school)
fighting the good fight against them old folks....im 21 clean record didnt get a 135i but i got the next best thing the 128i paid for myself dont care what people think....I love the double take looks :biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 04:13 PM   #56
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Being able to afford it is one thing. Their is no way an 18 year old has near enough experience behind the wheel or at life for that matter to be behind the wheel of a car with that type of power.

So you afford the car what about mortgage, food, retirement savings, etc. Lots of us could afford all kinds of things if general life was free.

This is why their is such a debt problem these days. Everyone lives for the day and not plan for tomorrow. Parents aren’t doing kids any favors allowing them to own expensive disposable items without learning the value of a dollar.

Someday it will make sense to you.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 04:19 PM   #57
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
if he saves the money and pays for it himself how does he not deserve it? The only thing different between you and him is your ages.
so lets see. .you deserve a 1er becasue your a bit older (presumably) and have a career (presumably), and he doesnt deserve a 1er becasue he's 18 and works at safeway. Even though he has saved his money and will be paying for the car himself. .
give me a break
No not because I am older...because I am more responsible. He put the car through someones living room...that, in my book displays he is not worthy of such a car.

However it is not the kids fault. He is a child afterall. Blame falls on the side of the parents for allowing it.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 04:37 PM   #58
coco_m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged E90 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
Im tired of this thread.
Everyone is acting like just cuz some stupid teenager was trying to show off and made a mistake, so that means every teenager with nice car on this earth is stupid and is going to wreck their cars, google search lamborghini wreck, i bet not one teenager wrecked those cars and you could buy 4 M3's with how much those cars are worth, so dont act like its just stupid teenagers with kinda expensive cars wrecking them, there are some old people that suck at driving that drive really expensive cars.

Dont think just cuz your older your not going to wreck your car, everyone makes mistakes.
      07-22-2008, 04:54 PM   #59
canlefty
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 MW/SO

Quote:
He is a child afterall.
I thought he was 19? Where I come from, you become an adult at 18 (yes, I'm sure you'll respond that he is still a child mentally, and I agree). I just hope the legal system down there had the balls to make an example of him, but I bet ma and pa probably won't have that happen.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 05:33 PM   #60
1er junkie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullet135i View Post
Ok im going to be the voice of the youngsters,

Im 19, my parents bought me my car because the trust me.
Not all teenagers are bad drivers, yeah i think that this kid with the M3 was stupid, but his parents just wanted him to have a nice car to show off in and be noticed, i bet there are millions of parents that wish they could buy there son/daughter a nice car, yeah i dont think you should trust a kid if he has speeding tickets galore, but if he/she is a well behaved, straight A student, why not get them a nice car.
Just my 2 cents.
Shut your god damn mouth. Jk, I think you are 100% right.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #61
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
No not because I am older...because I am more responsible. He put the car through someones living room...that, in my book displays he is not worthy of such a car.

However it is not the kids fault. He is a child afterall. Blame falls on the side of the parents for allowing it.

im not talking about the kid that trashed the m3, that kid is a douche bag

im talking about one of the other guys on this forum

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 07:29 PM   #62
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Being able to afford it is one thing. Their is no way an 18 year old has near enough experience behind the wheel or at life for that matter to be behind the wheel of a car with that type of power.

So you afford the car what about mortgage, food, retirement savings, etc. Lots of us could afford all kinds of things if general life was free.

This is why their is such a debt problem these days. Everyone lives for the day and not plan for tomorrow. Parents aren’t doing kids any favors allowing them to own expensive disposable items without learning the value of a dollar.

Someday it will make sense to you.

First of all ive been behind the wheel of a motorized vehicle since i was 5 (i raced moto and karts), so you have no right to say i cant handle 300 hp. the 135 isnt the supercar with endless power reserves your trying to make it out to be.

secondly, yes i dont have to pay a mortgage, rent, or utilities, but thats just one of the perks of being 18. dont get pissy because you do have to pay these things

as for future debt, my car will be payed off within the year, well before i am living on my own. i didnt buy this car on an impulse, i sat down, planned out my finances and then came to the conclusion that i can afford this car while in my current situation. in a year ill be 19 with a payed off 135i and a house.

my age doesnt make me stupid

(teenagers unite!!!!!! :biggrin

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 07:39 PM   #63
jbenington86
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i, 2017 Tundra

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
2008 128i  [0.00]
I knew I wasnt going to have to make that post! You hit every point I was going to make but im in the military so your tax money pays for my rent and utilities :biggrin:....oh and im 21 with 3 investments for retirment......... thats the one you left out
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 09:39 PM   #64
fourmicah
Private
Rep
Drives:

Something tells me this kid was on MTV's "Super Sweet 16" a while ago. I have to agree that not all "young adults" are this dumb and especially those that earn it, hence the MTV crack. It's amazing to me that these people are smart enough to earn the money to buy one of these things but not smart enough to drive it well. Makes you wonder.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 10:53 PM   #65
coco_m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged E90 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
First of all ive been behind the wheel of a motorized vehicle since i was 5 (i raced moto and karts), so you have no right to say i cant handle 300 hp. the 135 isnt the supercar with endless power reserves your trying to make it out to be.

secondly, yes i dont have to pay a mortgage, rent, or utilities, but thats just one of the perks of being 18. dont get pissy because you do have to pay these things

as for future debt, my car will be payed off within the year, well before i am living on my own. i didnt buy this car on an impulse, i sat down, planned out my finances and then came to the conclusion that i can afford this car while in my current situation. in a year ill be 19 with a payed off 135i and a house.

my age doesnt make me stupid

(teenagers unite!!!!!! :biggrin
      07-22-2008, 11:16 PM   #66
Russo
Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Dodge Dakota Big Horn

i bought my house at 21...my neighbors are between 50-59 years old.. i would be willing to bet that i am the youngest homeowner in my neighborhood at 24.. took me a year to save up for the 10% down, it was worth not going out to a bar, or buying crap because i only had rent (yes rent at the parents house) to pay...

grats on having a goal and going for it, more people need to do this... most people in today's world impulse buy til they're stretched to the max..

BLUEFAKES.COM ARE SCAMMERS, LIERS, AND CHEATERS! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread