Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Most worth-it boxes to tick for a 330i?

03-03-2020, 06:39 PM   #1
StevenX94
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Most worth-it boxes to tick for a 330i?

Hi all

Signing a deal for a 330i soon. What are the most worth it options to have included?

Things I want to be sure of:

1.What should I tick to get the Sport Plus option? I will be getting M-sport, anything else I have to check? I heard some do not have the Sport plus option.

2. The 330i that i test drove sounded good but no pops and crackles, must I get the M-performance exhausts for this to happen, or should the pops be there anyways?

3. Are the standard lights LED with a bluish hue? Or do I have to check the adaptive headlights box? (Lasers are too much for me)

4. Best possible sound system, should i get Harman Kardon?

Many thanks in advance for your help guys!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 06:49 PM   #2
cigaro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3 M40i

if youre going to deck out a 330i, just get an m340i
Appreciate 3
Sirok5.50
bimmer4562948.00
      03-03-2020, 06:57 PM   #3
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigaro View Post
I have like almost no options on my 330i , and checked the m340i option.

THe OP is in sweden though where 6 cylinders and more gas use would likely mean the cost , tax and gas difference is far more than it is over here.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 07:02 PM   #4
StevenX94
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans007 View Post
I have like almost no options on my 330i , and checked the m340i option.

THe OP is in sweden though where 6 cylinders and more gas use would likely mean the cost , tax and gas difference is far more than it is over here.
Haha yes exactly, M340is are super rare here, in fact even the 330i is rare. Most pick 320d.
I would love to grt a M340i, but it is so much more expensive here, you can say that a maxed out 330i is still cheaper than an m340i with absolutly nothing in it.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 08:08 PM   #5
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenX94 View Post
Hi all

Signing a deal for a 330i soon. What are the most worth it options to have included?

1.What should I tick to get the Sport Plus option? I will be getting M-sport, anything else I have to check? I heard some do not have the Sport plus option.

2. The 330i that i test drove sounded good but no pops and crackles, must I get the M-performance exhausts for this to happen, or should the pops be there anyways?

3. Are the standard lights LED with a bluish hue? Or do I have to check the adaptive headlights box? (Lasers are too much for me)

Many thanks in advance for your help guys!
1. M sport is a must. I regret not getting an M sport. Sport plus is present in EU 330is I believe. If not, it can be coded in.

2. Pops and crackles are present in the NA 330i. I did read that different regulations in the EU means no pops and crackles there. If you can get the M performance exhausts, get them. Or there are aftermarket exhausts that work too.

3. Standard LEDs are the same as adaptive with respect to output color. Adaptive LEDs are nice and have a slightly better DRL (not as pretty as the DRLs with the Laser lights though).The adaptive LEDs also turn/light up curves. It helps a bit.

4. If you’re an audiophile, you won’t be satisfied with any of the stock speakers. If you can do an upgrade and you’re confident with opening up the door panels, that would be a better way. There’s a nice thread where two different people have upgraded their cars with a Bavsound system and an Eton system. It’s worth a read. There are a couple of videos available online too on how to swap it out.
If you’re like me, get the HK. It isn’t too expensive here (no idea how much it is there) and it’s slightly better than the HiFi system. The base non-HiFi system is crap according to reviews I’ve read online.

If you can get the HUD, it’s a nice addition. I really like the HUD in the G20 compared to the ones in the other cars in my garage.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 02:55 AM   #6
Seaford
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 840 M Sport Gran Coupe

Personally I would get the heads up display - part of the Tech Pack here in UK.

Only had my g20 since Xmas and I wouldn't want to be without hud again....other than the speed/speed limit information the navigation appearing in eyeline with additional Lane advice is superb.

But check what you get in Sweden, may be different!!

Last edited by Seaford; 03-04-2020 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2020, 05:01 AM   #7
StevenX94
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
1. M sport is a must. I regret not getting an M sport. Sport plus is present in EU 330is I believe. If not, it can be coded in.

2. Pops and crackles are present in the NA 330i. I did read that different regulations in the EU means no pops and crackles there. If you can get the M performance exhausts, get them. Or there are aftermarket exhausts that work too.

3. Standard LEDs are the same as adaptive with respect to output color. Adaptive LEDs are nice and have a slightly better DRL (not as pretty as the DRLs with the Laser lights though).The adaptive LEDs also turn/light up curves. It helps a bit.

4. If you’re an audiophile, you won’t be satisfied with any of the stock speakers. If you can do an upgrade and you’re confident with opening up the door panels, that would be a better way. There’s a nice thread where two different people have upgraded their cars with a Bavsound system and an Eton system. It’s worth a read. There are a couple of videos available online too on how to swap it out.
If you’re like me, get the HK. It isn’t too expensive here (no idea how much it is there) and it’s slightly better than the HiFi system. The base non-HiFi system is crap according to reviews I’ve read online.

If you can get the HUD, it’s a nice addition. I really like the HUD in the G20 compared to the ones in the other cars in my garage.
Great recommendations! Appreciate this alot. Ok then I will check the Sport Plus if it is there, and see If we could get pops and crackles here.
For the LEDs, I will check if the shape is different at least for the adaptives. Would love to have something so close to the Angel eyes lights as possible.
Will probably go for Harman Kardon as well. As for the HUD, I have never had a car with it so I dont really know how important of a differenece it would make? It is not a cheap option to add....
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1941.50
      03-04-2020, 05:24 AM   #8
StevenX94
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybird View Post
Personally I would get the heads up display - part of the Tech Pack here in UK.

Only had my g20 since Xmas and I wouldn't want to be without hud again....other than the speed/speed limit information the navigation appearing in eyeliner with additional Lane advice is superb.

But check what you get in Sweden, may be different!!
I will be sure to check the HUD option if I will have a good margin after I have picked all the the things that are important to have.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 11:06 AM   #9
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
I will be sure to check the HUD option if I will have a good margin after I have picked all the the things that are important to have.
Like Andybird said, the HUD is aw some. Even in America, it tells you which lane to stay on unlike in the Audis.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 11:44 AM   #10
mrkrad
Old Geezer!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 m340i PB MPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Quote:
Like Andybird said, the HUD is aw some. Even in America, it tells you which lane to stay on unlike in the Audis.
Very expensive to replace hud windshield!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 01:04 PM   #11
vincechase
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330 M Sport

All lol

I think I have every package except track handling and adaptive suspension. Everyday I drive my car its like driving a new car everyday
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 01:09 PM   #12
vincechase
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=StevenX94;25881267]Hi all

If you are in europe or maybe UK you'll have sport plus. In america we dont have that but can be coded

it pops and crackles in sports mode when warmed up and its random, which I like so its always a suprise. Obvi a straight pipe will give you all the pops and crackles you want. But I get pops and crackles in sports mode just random though. I heard sport plus gives you more when coded.

you need adaptive or laser if im not mistaking. I have laser and have them.

Hardon kardon feels like a closed in Ophera house. =)

Things I love.

-Hardon Kardon
-Wireless charging
-M sport package
-Leather seats
-Remote start
- Laser light daytime running lamps

-heads up is useful but don't need it by no means

Cheeers
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 01:23 PM   #13
StevenX94
Private
Rep

[QUOTE=vincechase;25884311]
Quote:
Hi all

If you are in europe or maybe UK you'll have sport plus. In america we dont have that but can be coded

it pops and crackles in sports mode when warmed up and its random, which I like so its always a suprise. Obvi a straight pipe will give you all the pops and crackles you want. But I get pops and crackles in sports mode just random though. I heard sport plus gives you more when coded.

you need adaptive or laser if im not mistaking. I have laser and have them.

Hardon kardon feels like a closed in Ophera house. =)

Things I love.

-Hardon Kardon
-Wireless charging
-M sport package
-Leather seats
-Remote start
- Laser light daytime running lamps

-heads up is useful but don't need it by no means

Cheeers
Great feedback thank you!
I will just check with the dealer about the LEDs then.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 01:25 PM   #14
StevenX94
Private
Rep

If you would choose between Melbourne Red, Sapphire Black or Mineral White (All of are metallic), which would you guys think gives most personality to the car?
I know its very subjective, just want to know what most of you would go for.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 04:14 AM   #15
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
If you would choose between Melbourne Red, Sapphire Black or Mineral White (All of are metallic), which would you guys think gives most personality to the car?
What colour do YOU want to wake up to every day, to look at in the sun, and to slink around town in?
My personal choice is not in ur list but if pushed - mineral white.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 04:59 AM   #16
SomeGuy123
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G20

For me
adaptive suspension is a must
HUD is a must
steering heating is a must
m performance breaks are great

My 330i has sport plus and pops and crackles
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 05:10 AM   #17
Mazman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Hi all !
Tjena!

M-sport --> a must
HUD --> a must
Comfort opening --> a must
Adaptive M suspension --> a must
Adaptive cruise control --> a must
HK sound system --> a must
Extended shadow line black
The OEM window tint is rather nice in my opinion

So all boxes more or less
I have a video on my YouTube channel in which I do a walkthrough of the stuff I did opt for

Last edited by Mazman; 03-05-2020 at 11:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 03:39 PM   #18
vincechase
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuy123 View Post
For me
adaptive suspension is a must
HUD is a must
steering heating is a must
m performance breaks are great

My 330i has sport plus and pops and crackles
I agree that adaptive suspension would be awesome. I rarely feel like im landing a 757 at JFK with my m sport suspension setup though. Verses my f30s and my e90s. The suspension is great. I can live with a little turbulence here and there. Handles most bumps and mishaps quite well
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 06:41 PM   #19
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Melbourne red, there's so many black and white 3-series on the road, I would imagine red would be more special. Can you get red with M-Sport in Sweeden? We can only get it on Luxury/Sportline here in the US.
      03-06-2020, 03:25 PM   #20
StevenX94
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Melbourne red, there's so many black and white 3-series on the road, I would imagine red would be more special. Can you get red with M-Sport in Sweeden? We can only get it on Luxury/Sportline here in the US.
Hmm, I am not really sure but they should be able to do that...it is just paint, why would it be undoable if the car is M-Sport?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 03:27 PM   #21
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Hmm, I am not really sure but they should be able to do that...it is just paint, why would it be undoable if the car is M-Sport?
I would think so as well, but in the US, the M-Sport Package can't be optioned with certain colors like Red or Silver weirdly.
      03-06-2020, 07:32 PM   #22
TheRetroGuy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xDrive mSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigaro View Post
If power is your priority. If not, the 330i has plenty of power, is lighter and according to some reviewers, has better steering / handling as a result -- and you can save about $8k by getting a 330i MSport with same options. Just depends on what's important to you and your budget. In my case I wanted the semi-auto driving options and the xDrive for winter weather more than more power... and thankfully no regrets.

If I made a counter-argument to myself, it would be that enjoying the extra power has no learning curve, while all the advanced options take some time to get used to. If money's no object, get a M340 and load it up!
Appreciate 1
Seaford1143.00