Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions 21 M340x odd cold behavior

02-17-2021, 10:23 AM   #1
jlukens1
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i, BMW 550i

21 M340x odd cold behavior

Noticed a couple times now here in chilly Wisconsin where the M340 right headlight and taillight have mysteriously been on while just sitting locked in the garage. Anyone else experienced this? Thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 10:34 AM   #2
PortimaoM340NYC
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlukens1 View Post
Noticed a couple times now here in chilly Wisconsin where the M340 right headlight and taillight have mysteriously been on while just sitting locked in the garage. Anyone else experienced this? Thanks.
you probably have the parking light on for the passenger side there are 2 parking buttons by the headlight switch control. its a visibility safety thing when u park the car so on coming traffic can see it depending which side is on
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 10:39 AM   #3
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Looks like it's only the lights on the right side that are on? If so, it's probably because the indicator stalk is on and signaling to the right (stalk in up position).

Edit - I'm probably wrong and @PortimaoM340NYC is right. Idk how I missed his reply.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 07:05 PM   #4
jlukens1
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i, BMW 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Quote:
Looks like it's only the lights on the right side that are on? If so, it's probably because the indicator stalk is on and signaling to the right (stalk in up position).

Edit - I'm probably wrong and @PortimaoM340NYC is right. Idk how I missed his reply.
Yeah it's weird. As soon as I start the car, warm it up and shut it off, it goes away. It's not the stalk, that's not engaged. I'm chalking it up to some electrical gremlin and the unusually cold weather. Will keep an eye on it though because it probably will drain the battery if not noticed. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 07:27 PM   #5
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortimaoM340NYC View Post
Quote:
you probably have the parking light on for the passenger side there are 2 parking buttons by the headlight switch control. its a visibility safety thing when u park the car so on coming traffic can see it depending which side is on
+1 on checking this first