Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums USA - New England Put in new vanos solenoids and now ses light is on

05-10-2023, 06:32 PM   #1
Jordanjg99
Registered
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 328xi

Put in new vanos solenoids and now ses light is on

So I was getting codes on carly for my vanos solenoids so instead of cleaning them I ended hp just buying 2 new ones they are trq and look exactly the same as the old ones now after replacing them the car drove like a completely different car I cleaned out all the oil and debri with a rag and a can of air basically I followed a dyi video I found for replacing them and my first test drive with the new solenoids was like driving a completely different car much better actually but I only drove around for about 20 mins and had to go back home next time I got in the car after about 10 mins my ses light came on so I ran another scan with carly and noticed the intake vanos code came back could replacing the solenoids cause another problem now I did get an oil change about a week before I did the vanos this past weekend I attached a ss of the codes it seems like the exhaust one is fine but the intake one came back should I try cleaning the old ones and see if I possibly got a defective one somehow and ideas will help thanks in Advance

Attached Images

Appreciate 0