Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions 330i Lease/Warranty Bimmercode

02-26-2021, 10:03 PM   #1
ryanmarchetti
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i xDrive

330i Lease/Warranty Bimmercode

Hi everybody,
I'm sure it has been asked a million times but I wanted some answers for myself.
I have a leased 2020 330i xDrive with the 3 year/36k warranty.
I wanted to use BimmerCode to bring Sport+ and turn off the fake sounds in the speakers. What is the risk with warranty being voided as well as lease return? Can they tell I've used BimmerCode, and if so, will it be a big issue?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 12:22 AM   #2
JTYAMSHAYIN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmarchetti View Post
Hi everybody,
I'm sure it has been asked a million times but I wanted some answers for myself.
I wanted to use BimmerCode to bring Sport+ and turn off the fake sounds in the speakers. What is the risk with warranty being voided as well as lease return? Can they tell I've used BimmerCode, and if so, will it be a big issue?
I can't see Bimmercode affecting the warranty in any way. Adding sport + is a factory setting in other countries so they couldn't blame that on causing any harm to the engine, transmission, ect. Turning off the fake sound also wouldn't effect the car components in any way so you'll definitely be fine with that. People do way crazier things to their car and still return them after a lease with no consequences. Not saying it's right, just saying most inspectors don't notice things unless it's a cosmetic damage.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 09:35 AM   #3
ryanmarchetti
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTYAMSHAYIN View Post
Quote:
Hi everybody,
I can't see Bimmercode affecting the warranty in any way. Adding sport + is a factory setting in other countries so they couldn't blame that on causing any harm to the engine, transmission, ect. Turning off the fake sound also wouldn't effect the car components in any way so you'll definitely be fine with that. People do way crazier things to their car and still return them after a lease with no consequences. Not saying it's right, just saying most inspectors don't notice things unless it's a cosmetic damage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTYAMSHAYIN View Post
Quote:
Hi everybody,
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 09:30 PM   #4
TheDudeMan
First Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 20' 330i & RX 350

Quote:
Hi everybody,
Rule of thumb with warranty, if your mods cause the problem then warranty is void on that component that failed. It will not totally void all of the warranty. The only time bimmercode can void your warranty is when you brick your car in expert mode and need to have it towed to be reprogrammed.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 08:58 PM   #5
Mrreef
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330i

Quote:
Hi everybody,
Just out of curiosity , what do you mean by fake sounds on the speakers?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2021, 10:17 PM   #6
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrreef View Post
Just out of curiosity , what do you mean by fake sounds on the speakers?
I'm guessing he means the ASD.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0