Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Revealing exit interview with M chief Markus Flasch

11-06-2021, 09:59 AM   #111
iwant335i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
It's not google translated. It says what it says: there will be a M only car like the M1 was in the past.
Based on M Vision?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 10:03 AM   #112
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Getting sick of this EV talk derailing almost every thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdogray View Post
I frequent a lot of boards, and none have so many constituents that love to espouse their progressiveness as this one.
Ain't that the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giphlag View Post
The electrification of every product line at pretty much every automaker is now a done deal whether we like it or not.
Yeah. Germany is re-tooling, re-training, investing in battery supply chains, more and more customers are choosing PHEVs or BEVs. But you know why?

I can assure you that a lot of, if not most, non-car people in Western Europe could not gives less of a fuck about saving the planet by driving a 60+k premium electric vehicle.

They do so because the local government incentives and corporate decisions have basically forced them. Germany's government, I think, is now giving nine grand to EV buyers. Cash on the hood. The UK's got a lot of tax incentives for private and corporate buyers. This is how they're ramping up the sales of EVs. And the rest of Europe, eastbound of Germany? The EV share is somewhere between 0-2%... Try find me a Tesla & Co. on the streets of rural post-Soviet countries.

And fellow enthusiast forum members on here who preach in the EV church are all about EVs because they're dumb fast. If they didn't make them nauseous during launch control, the same people would be bashing them for being boring and pointless.

Also, car manufacturers are all about electrification because in the coming couple decades, it is going to be much cheaper for them to manufacture an electric vehicle than an ICE car. A combustion engine is the most expensive part of a vehicle, these shared EV platform are only gonna make it all cheaper.

Anything for profit, you know. And right now, it's profitable and fashionable to be 'green.'

That's why.

The same EV customers also have got the means to travel around the world in jumbo jets that emit fucktonnes of emissions.

COP26 leaders have taken over a hundred private jets to fly to Glasgow for the summit. The same people who are on the forefront of this push from ICE to EV. The irony.

And y'all forget that these 'green' passenger cars are transported to your dealers by jumbo jets, 'dirty' diesel trucks or ancient smokey vessels...

Point is, there are a lot of other ways in which we all could ensure our Planet Earth stays somewhat healthy in the long-term future. Starts with picking your litter around your home and ends with sustainable transportation.

However, sadly, it is easier to financially bully the average Joe Schmoe into buying an EV than to change the general mindset of him and his family to ensure they leave less rubbish behind them in their day-to-day lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaalrasha View Post
Also from latest summit they are at last find out that Methane is much worse than Co2 (between 5 times and 80 times depending who you ask) and cars represent only a fragment of Co2 emissions, when people actually tackles what matter most, annoying people with private cars should no longer be a priority...
And China, India, Russia did NOT sign the pledge to slash methane emissions. Arguably, the most important countries in this scenario. Pathetic as fuck, mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Hybrids make a lot more sense than EV considering our current infrastructure and the complications revolving around changing it to support all EV.
Yep, somehow, the world has forgotten about hybrids. Even in an hybrid X5 with a B58 in it, it is well possible to drive mostly on electric, depending on the usage. Hybrid BMWs are selling very well in Germany.

I think BMW's strategy is pragmatic and definitely not 'lagging.' Yeah, they're lagging in the department of building pointlessly fast and overly expensive halo luxury EVs.

There's also a reason why Toyota does not have a BEV. And why is no one talking shit about them not diving into the BEV world?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest View Post
The point I made over EVs being not as green as people think is simple:
- there are energy losses which you take when charge EV (as it travels from powerplant, to grid, through transformer, to your socket)
- there are issues with battery recycling on massive scale in 10 years but we are simply told that they will be used to store energy (may be in some advanced western part of society, but in most cases I can tell you what will happen - Western Europe and USA will be selling these batteries with cars in them to Africa and poorer parts of the world, as almost gifts, like they do today with solar panels - and leave the recycling problem there, not at home). And yes, I think this is dodgy gift, but this is what has been always done by richer countries, and especially last 100 years+. Corruption in poorer countries certainly not helpful, but we also will forbid them to mine fossil fuels and get richer (instead, we offer them our left overs). This is sketchy but no one thinks about this. It is easier that way I suppose...
- there will be new better technologies making batteries last longer and be more efficient which will mitigate those above issues of course but not exponentially. Solar panels no longer improve so fast.

Remember, to recycle a battery you need to rip it apart and separate cobalt, nickel etc. It is currently a lot cheaper (5x or so) to keep mining cobalt (especially in africa, child labour is a big issue). A lot of battery recycling taking place in india looks horrendous if you bother to look. People by hand taking things apart for next to nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneIn4Secs View Post
What i do know is it creates more pollution and uses more resources in the creation of EV than the traditional,

So if you think you are somehow fighting pollution by getting a EV, thats a false assumption , its actually the opposite

And dont even mention how old used up batteries are disposed of, they are a toxic threat to the environment way worse than burning fossil fuels
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
Straight and to the point from Yale. Not that it looks like anything can change your mind at this point. I've been there...because your already 'know' what you 'want' to know. LOL

https://yaleclimateconnections.org/2...limate-change/

It's the opinion of https://yaleclimateconnections.org/our-team/
Some very good and very valid points regarding the supply chain and manufacturing being definitely very dirty and unethical - child labour, mining minerals in very volatile regions, coal plants, etc.

However, having said and all the above, the overall well-to-wheel emissions of a mid-size BEV are now reported to be better than those of an average mid-sized ICE car, re attached graph.
Attached Images

Tallest1313.00
Patton2502939.50
kyriian886.00
      11-06-2021, 10:22 AM   #113
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Getting sick of this EV talk derailing almost every thread.

Ain't that the truth.

Yeah. Germany is re-tooling, re-training, investing in battery supply chains, more and more customers are choosing PHEVs or BEVs. But you know why?

I can assure you that a lot of, if not most, non-car people in Western Europe could not gives less of a fuck about saving the planet by driving a 60+k premium electric vehicle.

They do so because the local government incentives and corporate decisions have basically forced them. Germany's government, I think, is now giving nine grand to EV buyers. Cash on the hood. The UK's got a lot of tax incentives for private and corporate buyers. This is how they're ramping up the sales of EVs. And the rest of Europe, eastbound of Germany? The EV share is somewhere between 0-2%... Try find me a Tesla & Co. on the streets of rural post-Soviet countries.

And fellow enthusiast forum members on here who preach in the EV church are all about EVs because they're dumb fast. If they didn't make them nauseous during launch control, the same people would be bashing them for being boring and pointless.

Also, car manufacturers are all about electrification because in the coming couple decades, it is going to be much cheaper for them to manufacture an electric vehicle than an ICE car. A combustion engine is the most expensive part of a vehicle, these shared EV platform are only gonna make it all cheaper.

Anything for profit, you know. And right now, it's profitable and fashionable to be 'green.'

That's why.

The same EV customers also have got the means to travel around the world in jumbo jets that emit fucktonnes of emissions.

COP26 leaders have taken over a hundred private jets to fly to Glasgow for the summit. The same people who are on the forefront of this push from ICE to EV. The irony.

And y'all forget that these 'green' passenger cars are transported to your dealers by jumbo jets, 'dirty' diesel trucks or ancient smokey vessels...

Point is, there are a lot of other ways in which we all could ensure our Planet Earth stays somewhat healthy in the long-term future. Starts with picking your litter around your home and ends with sustainable transportation.

However, sadly, it is easier to financially bully the average Joe Schmoe into buying an EV than to change the general mindset of him and his family to ensure they leave less rubbish behind them in their day-to-day lives.

And China, India, Russia did NOT sign the pledge to slash methane emissions. Arguably, the most important countries in this scenario. Pathetic as fuck, mate.

Yep, somehow, the world has forgotten about hybrids. Even in an hybrid X5 with a B58 in it, it is well possible to drive mostly on electric, depending on the usage. Hybrid BMWs are selling very well in Germany.

I think BMW's strategy is pragmatic and definitely not 'lagging.' Yeah, they're lagging in the department of building pointlessly fast and overly expensive halo luxury EVs.

There's also a reason why Toyota does not have a BEV. And why is no one talking shit about them not diving into the BEV world?!

Some very good and very valid points regarding the supply chain and manufacturing being definitely very dirty and unethical - child labour, mining minerals in very volatile regions, coal plants, etc.

However, having said and all the above, the overall well-to-wheel emissions of a mid-size BEV are now reported to be better than those of an average mid-sized ICE car, re attached graph.
Best post on this entire thread. You should definitely mic drop.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 12:00 PM   #114
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiff7 View Post
Oh I would definitely believe what a dealer and car salesman told me lol
Let me ask you this. Why would the sales person give a crap either way? Especially one that you are friends with? I mean it is what it is. Either the ceramic bezel Daytona sells more than the non-ceramic version or not. This is very simple. So when I ask my Rolex buddy who’s been doing it for a couple of decades, which version had more enthusiasm and more demand Sales he just answers the question. This isn’t rocket science. I understand you don’t like the answer with the M3 but it doesn’t change it from being true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowanBuds View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you for sharing both, and at the same time I'm astonished you did. So, I'm assuming my calculator is not broken here, but that leaves us with 12 months of fixed-roof production at:

F8X: 2,280 (F80) = 5,500 (F82) = 7,780

G8X: 3,430 (G80) + 3,030 (G82) = 6,460

And G83 on the same 4 month timeframe: F8X: 880 G8X: 280. (minus 600 units on the vert)

Total of -1,920 units, or almost 30%... I can't believe that's entirely chip shortage; F8x's weren't exactly easy to find for most of year 1 either.

Seems all this bluster about 'fastest selling ever' isn't likely to be based on facts to me.
I appreciate you posting this. I will assume that it's accurate. It proves my point exactly. Considering COVID-19 and the part shortage you can see how the new generation M3 sales are significantly better then the previous generation.. To make things worse these numbers obviously don't include how many orders have been placed and unfulfilled or the allocations requested either. Those numbers are astronomical. Once again thanks for posting that.

Lastly before responding with some smart ass remark I realize you're going to disagree with me. That's fine. I ask you to call around and inquire from sales people that have been around for years and see the difference in enthusiasm, orders and allocation requests. Also my only point has been from the beginning that just because some die hard traditionalists on this forum hate change and want to see the same grille on every BMW for the next millennium are upset that doesn't mean most people don't like the new design. The sales numbers prove people like it just fine. At the end of the day you don't have to buy one. So be blessed and have a great evening.

I also realize you're still going to respond with a smart ass remark so go ahead
First, I'm not sure where your smart ass "smart ass" comment comes from, but there's no need for it, it's uncalled for, and I've got no idea who the hell you are. It's not cute, it's not endearing.

Second, I think you need to read my post again. It's not supporting ANY of your stance, yet you post as if it's in line with your potentially incorrect feelings on how the G8x are selling.

You can keep on believing what a dealership tells you because it supports your narratives, but the numbers shared (by a known insider…) don't.

So there's my (1) smart (2) ass comment. Smart as it's logical, ass as that's what I seem to be replying to.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiff7 View Post
Oh I would definitely believe what a dealer and car salesman told me lol
Let me ask you this. Why would the sales person give a crap either way? Especially one that you are friends with? I mean it is what it is. Either the ceramic bezel Daytona sells more than the non-ceramic version or not. This is very simple. So when I ask my Rolex buddy who's been doing it for a couple of decades, which version had more enthusiasm and more demand Sales he just answers the question. This isn't rocket science. I understand you don't like the answer with the M3 but it doesn't change it from being true.
BMW has 4400 dealers worldwide in 150 countries, so basing sales and popularity on just one (or a few) local dealers statements does not represent a statistically significant group. Demographics etc of where your dealer is located also matters.

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...ch?language=en

Further. BMW M reported a 6% growth in sales and it's most successful year for 2020, despite covid-19 etc. G8x was put on the market first quarter of 2021, so we still don't know how it compares with total BMW M production for 2021.

But 2020 was actually BMW M's best year ever, despite covid-19… So we should perhaps be a bit careful with explaining lower production volumes on the pandemic alone.

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...ar?language=en

BTW, I am a big fan of the G8x
Appreciate 2
CanAutM321122.00
Tacoma944.50
      11-06-2021, 12:49 PM   #115
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Sure, over the lifetime of a vehicle, EVs produce fewer CO2 emissions. But on a global scale, it will do absolutely nothing for climate change. Somebody convince me otherwise, I'm listening.

The overwhelming contributor toward climate change is population growth and economic growth in 3rd world nations. Unless we nuke most countries back into the dark ages create a Thanos to eradicate population growth or stop it in its tracks, climate change will chug along happily.

The REAL reason for this forced EV transition is so lobbyists and zealot politicians can fund their pockets and win elections. There are trillions of dollars to be made in the EV supply chain, from raw materials to production to charging. That's the actual reason EVs are being forced on us. The losers in all this? Car enthusiasts. Our hobby is now a political ploy for people who couldn't care less of a f*ck about cars.

If they truly cared about the climate, they'd invest heavily in mass public transportation. There's no logical reason why those of us in Southern California need to be confined in our cars for hours at a time in stop-and-go traffic. Creating a regional, European-style mass transit system would greatly reduce CO2 emissions and improve the physical/mental health of tens of millions of citizens. But no, let's place the burden of climate change on the consumer.
Appreciate 1
kyriian886.00
      11-06-2021, 02:31 PM   #116
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
BMW has 4400 dealers worldwide in 150 countries, so basing sales and popularity on just one (or a few) local dealers statements does not represent a statistically significant group. Demographics etc of where your dealer is located also matters.

Further. BMW M reported a 6% growth in sales and it's most successful year for 2020, despite covid-19 etc. G8x was put on the market first quarter of 2021, so we still don't know how it compares with total BMW M production for 2021.

But 2020 was actually BMW M's best year ever, despite covid-19… So we should perhaps be a bit careful with explaining lower production volumes on the pandemic alone.

It doesn’t matter man. All I said is that the G80 (not G82) was selling better than the F80 and the guys numbers prove it. I mean if you believe his numbers are accurate. I don’t believe he provided a source. Maybe he did but I don’t recall. All of this with a massive slow down in production due to parts shortage. If BMW had all the parts they needed the G80 would be double the sales of the F80 in the same time frame. This is not very difficult to look at. I’ve looked at this broadly not just locally. Enthusiasm for the new design is much higher than the handful of curmudgeon traditionalist who speak out heavily here and on other social media. That’s been my argument the whole time. However it seems to offend the curmudgeon‘s pretty good.

I like the G80 also. But I like the looks of the F80 too.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 03:35 PM   #117
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

It doesn’t matter man. All I said is that the G80 (not G82) was selling better than the F80 and the guys numbers prove it. I mean if you believe his numbers are accurate. I don’t believe he provided a source. Maybe he did but I don’t recall. All of this with a massive slow down in production due to parts shortage. If BMW had all the parts they needed the G80 would be double the sales of the F80 in the same time frame. This is not very difficult to look at. I’ve looked at this broadly not just locally. Enthusiasm for the new design is much higher than the handful of curmudgeon traditionalist who speak out heavily here and on other social media. That’s been my argument the whole time. However it seems to offend the curmudgeon‘s pretty good.

I like the G80 also. But I like the looks of the F80 too.
Do you have a source for a massive slow down in production for BMW?

As per my previous post BMW M increased sales in 2020 and in the first half of 2021 BMW reported a 88% increase in US sales.

BMW is also the least affected by the chip shortage.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...20-2021-08-03/
Appreciate 2
CanAutM321122.00
Tacoma944.50
      11-06-2021, 04:32 PM   #118
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

As per my previous post BMW M increased sales in 2020 and in the first half of 2021 BMW reported a 88% increase in US sales.

Well you could just use this forum as a source. You are in the M3 section specifically for the G80. Why don’t you read all the threads about stop sales and massive postponements as well as many desperate people to get an allocation. And this is just a microcosm of The whole. Unless of course your question was rhetorical?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 05:00 PM   #119
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Well you could just use this forum as a source. You are in the M3 section specifically for the G80. Why don’t you read all the threads about stop sales and massive postponements as well as many desperate people to get an allocation. And this is just a microcosm of The whole. Unless of course your question was rhetorical?
I mean a real source with facts, not anecdotal sources like «I read it on a forum» or «I talked with a dealer».

This forum represents at best 1% of M3/4 customers worldwide (probably more like 1‰) and to base opinions on internet posts is a fools errand…

There might very well have been G8x specific production delays, but in general BMW reports sales increase across the board, as documented in my previous posts. That a few people on this forum has had issues with allocations from their dealers, while other menbers have reported getting allocations almost immediately from other dealers, isn't proof of a «massive production decrease». It's anecdotal and with forums like this representing such a small population it's risky to extrapolate that into a universal truth on G8x production.

Again, you might very well be correct that there has been a massive delay in production, but you have not shown any evidence to support that claim yet.

BTW, this is a G80/G82/G83 forum for the M3 and M4. Not just the G80 M3…
Appreciate 2
Patton2502939.50
CanAutM321122.00
      11-06-2021, 06:04 PM   #120
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I mean a real source with facts, not anecdotal sources like «I read it on a forum» or «I talked with a dealer».

This forum represents at best 1% of M3/4 customers worldwide (probably more like 1‰) and to base opinions on internet posts is a fools errand…

There might very well have been G8x specific production delays, but in general BMW reports sales increase across the board, as documented in my previous posts. That a few people on this forum has had issues with allocations from their dealers, while other menbers have reported getting allocations almost immediately from other dealers, isn't proof of a «massive production decrease». It's anecdotal and with forums like this representing such a small population it's risky to extrapolate that into a universal truth on G8x production.

Again, you might very well be correct that there has been a massive delay in production, but you have not shown any evidence to support that claim yet.

I’ll tell you what I’ll do my friend. I’ll go ahead and place $1000 bet with you where the proceeds will go to any non-liberal charity of your choice. Here are the terms. I feel confident enough to only go by what my dealer has told me, other dealers in my area and what I’ve heard on this forum. I’m telling you there has not only been delays for the G80 but massive delays. When we find out officially, by officially I mean something that satisfies you then we can come back to this thread and rectify our bet. So if it turns out there were little to no delays and they never slowed down production on the G80, holding up allocations and causing a massive waiting lists then you win. But if it turns out I am right and there were massive delays then I win. When we rectify the bet we can name our charity of choice publicly here. The loser will publicly prove they donated the money. Deal?

If you want we can also have another bet as to whether the G80 will significantly outsell the F80 in its first year of production but only if you allow unfulfilled or waiting on orders to count. From everything I see if BMW built every G80 thats been desired it would’ve already out sold the F80 by now even if you counted the F80s entire first year of production. i’m sure we won’t officially know until March/ April 2022 but I’m willing to wait. I very well might turn out to be wrong but I doubt it.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 06:53 PM   #121
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
They do so because the local government incentives and corporate decisions have basically forced them.
Tesla registrations in Hong Kong: Jan 2015 - Dec 2017:
Name:  Tesla_HK_2017.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  26.4 KB

After 2017:
Name:  Tesla_HK_2019.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  18.4 KB

Explanation about the sharp rise and flatliner drop around April 1, 2017: see for example
  • here (2017: "Tesla sales drop in Hong Kong after tax breaks removed");
  • here (2017: "Tax change devastates Tesla's sales in Hong Kong");
  • here (2018: "Hong Kong’s electric vehicle subsidy was much too large, and it is right to scrap it");
  • here (2019: "Tesla’s sales never recovered after Hong Kong cut a tax break");
  • here (2021: "Electric Vehicle Incentives" (Hong Kong)).
      11-06-2021, 07:11 PM   #122
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwant335i View Post
Based on M Vision?
Don't know, but the M was retired a while back before it even started by the board I thought?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2021, 01:47 AM   #123
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I’ll tell you what I’ll do my friend. I’ll go ahead and place $1000 bet with you where the proceeds will go to any non-liberal charity of your choice. Here are the terms. I feel confident enough to only go by what my dealer has told me, other dealers in my area and what I’ve heard on this forum. I’m telling you there has not only been delays for the G80 but massive delays. When we find out officially, by officially I mean something that satisfies you then we can come back to this thread and rectify our bet. So if it turns out there were little to no delays and they never slowed down production on the G80, holding up allocations and causing a massive waiting lists then you win. But if it turns out I am right and there were massive delays then I win. When we rectify the bet we can name our charity of choice publicly here. The loser will publicly prove they donated the money. Deal?

If you want we can also have another bet as to whether the G80 will significantly outsell the F80 in its first year of production but only if you allow unfulfilled or waiting on orders to count. From everything I see if BMW built every G80 thats been desired it would’ve already out sold the F80 by now even if you counted the F80s entire first year of production. i’m sure we won’t officially know until March/ April 2022 but I’m willing to wait. I very well might turn out to be wrong but I doubt it.
Please re read my posts as it seems you aren't getting my point.
I have stated several times that there very well might have been (are) production delays. But we have not seen any hard evidence to prove if that is true or the magnitude of any such delays. Until we do, your opinion that the G80 would outsell the F80 in a magnitude of double the numbers is just speculation.

Again, I have not said you are proven wrong but that other official facts (from BMW) doesn't support your claim of massive delays in general. This doesn't mean that G8x production isn't an anamoly within BMW, which it very well can be, and have been hit by massive production delays other models haven't seem to be hit by.
But until we get confirmation from BMW (or other trustworthy source) we simply don't know the magnitude of any such delays.

Also, I am on the same page as you with regards to hoping the G8x does well in the market and outperforms the F8x in sales as well. If you look back at my posts on this forum around pre launch and launch of the G8x you will see that I have always been a supporter of the new car. People on here was exactly the same when the F8x came. The doomsayers was having a blast with BMW having lost it's way and that the F8x would basically be crap compared to it's predecessors.

Btw, the conditions of your proposed bet are a bit open for interpretation and speculation…

What constitutes a «massive delay»?
What constitutes a «massive waiting list»?
What constitutes a «non-liberal charity»?
Appreciate 2
CanAutM321122.00
      11-07-2021, 03:30 AM   #124
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I'll tell you what I'll do my friend. I'll go ahead and place $1000 bet with you where the proceeds will go to any non-liberal charity of your choice.
Btw, the conditions of your proposed bet are a bit open for interpretation and speculation…

What constitutes a "massive delay"?
What constitutes a "massive waiting list"?
What constitutes a "non-liberal charity"?
I bet there will be an argument to be had about the charity

I'll nominate one, a driver education charity so we can get at least one idiot driver trained to be less idiotic on the road; liberal or otherwise
Boss3301720.00
      11-07-2021, 05:42 AM   #125
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Which was the old CSL before it was a GTS.
Not really, the CSL had rear seats...

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2021, 05:54 AM   #126
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
I don't have sales but I do have production, current to mid-October. This is US+Canada.

G80:
Comp RWD - 1840 (12 months)
Comp AWD - 620 (4 months)
Base - 970 (12 months)

G82:
Comp RWD - 1700 (12)
Comp AWD - 580 (4)
Base - 750 (12)

G83: 280 (4)
Interesting. First time we see the 4-door out-produce the 2-door...

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2021, 06:01 AM   #127
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Please re read my posts as it seems you aren't getting my point.
I have stated several times that there very well might have been (are) production delays. But we have not seen any hard evidence to prove if that is true or the magnitude of any such delays. Until we do, your opinion that the G80 would outsell the F80 in a magnitude of double the numbers is just speculation.

Again, I have not said you are proven wrong but that other official facts (from BMW) doesn't support your claim of massive delays in general. This doesn't mean that G8x production isn't an anamoly within BMW, which it very well can be, and have been hit by massive production delays other models haven't seem to be hit by.
But until we get confirmation from BMW (or other trustworthy source) we simply don't know the magnitude of any such delays.

Also, I am on the same page as you with regards to hoping the G8x does well in the market and outperforms the F8x in sales as well. If you look back at my posts on this forum around pre launch and launch of the G8x you will see that I have always been a supporter of the new car. People on here was exactly the same when the F8x came. The doomsayers was having a blast with BMW having lost it's way and that the F8x would basically be crap compared to it's predecessors.

What constitutes a «massive delay»?
What constitutes a «massive waiting list»?
What constitutes a «non-liberal charity»?
Brother I agree with everything you said. I’ve said it was speculation all along but when you put all the information together pretty much shows there have been very bad delays due to parts. It makes sense because other auto manufacturers are going through the same thing. Go talk to any dealership in your area. They will tell you that once they would have 400 cars on the lot now they have 40. I guess you could call that speculation but the people working at the dealership would call it a fact. My friends at the BMW dealership told me they’re hardly getting any new cars in due to delays especially M cars. They also told me they have way more interest in the new M3 than the last version and have a long waiting list for them. Once again you’re right this is all hearsay and I suppose it could be totally different for Florida than the rest of the world. But when Florida ran out of toilet paper so did the rest of the country so there you go. Anyway I appreciate your response I hope you have an awesome Sunday.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2021, 06:04 AM   #128
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post

I'll nominate one, a driver education charity so we can get at least one idiot driver trained to be less idiotic on the road; liberal or otherwise
driving has gotten so bad in Florida. We’ve been invaded as people from freedom hating states are all having a mass exodus to our freedom loving state of Florida. I’ve never seen so many traffic accidents in my life. I 95 and I 75 always at a standstill. In fact I caught an accident on my rear dash cam while we were at a standstill for an accident in front of us. check this out. This is on I 75 south on a Friday afternoon I believe. I was just coming to it where traffic was at a standstill because of an accident a couple miles ahead. That’s why I was going so slow. The dude in the truck must have in looking at his phone or something and then looked up and saw traffic in front of him stopped and it was too late. The result is what you see.

Appreciate 1
      11-07-2021, 06:12 AM   #129
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
disagreed. no spin, you made the commentary on getting a smart ass reply. I don't know what the hell you meant because you're coming to a place that has statistics with anecdotes; they're not entitled the same validity.

Plus, facts / feelings; your feelings and what you're hearing from 1 person are not indicative of the broader market here, and ynguldyn has come with receipts.

Thanks for not further engaging, the hole is getting too deep.

I think his point is that that the 4-door G80 M3 is produced in significantly higher volumes than the 4-door F80 M3, despite the fact that overall G8X production volumes are lower than the F8X volumes for the same period. That tells us that either demand for the 4-door is higher for the G8X gen or that BMW shifted their strategy allocating more production slots to the 4-door.

In my personal case, I find the G82 M4 totally missed the mark esthetically, much more so than the G80 M3. Maybe others are like me, which could explain why for the first time the 4-door is produced in higher volumes than the 2-door.

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2021, 06:32 AM   #130
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
In my personal case, I find the G82 M4 totally missed the mark esthetically, much more so than the G80 M3. Maybe others are like me, which could explain why for the first time the 4-door is produced in higher volumes than the 2-door.
Almost certainly unrelated as explanation, but some customers like the practicality bonus:
Name:  G80_M3_G82_M4_Seats_Doors.jpg
Views: 994
Size:  27.4 KB
      11-07-2021, 06:43 AM   #131
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
I think his point is that that the 4-door G80 M3 is produced in significantly higher volumes than the 4-door F80 M3, despite the fact that overall G8X production volumes are lower than the F8X volumes for the same period. That tells us that either demand for the 4-door is higher for the G8X gen or that BMW shifted their strategy allocating more production slots to the 4-door.

That’s exactly what I was saying. All that with a massive part shortage and a massive slow down in production. Have there been no COVID-19 and the shutting down of factories all over the world there would have been a lot more G80’s produced by now.

I’m not really crazy about two door cars in general. I never liked the mustang, Corvette, Camaro or even the charger. First off they are the ones that door ding everyone with their long ass doors. Second it’s just not as practical as four doors. I do like the look of the new G82 but I wish they had flared the rear fenders like they did for the G80.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2021, 06:52 AM   #132
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post

driving has gotten so bad in Florida. We've been invaded as people from freedom hating states are all having a mass exodus to our freedom loving state of Florida. I've never seen so many traffic accidents in my life. I 95 and I 75 always at a standstill. In fact I caught an accident on my rear dash cam while we were at a standstill for an accident in front of us. check this out. This is on I 75 south on a Friday afternoon I believe. I was just coming to it where traffic was at a standstill because of an accident a couple miles ahead. That's why I was going so slow. The dude in the truck must have in looking at his phone or something and then looked up and saw traffic in front of him stopped and it was too late. The result is what you see.

There you go my friend

Now we know what charity
Patton2502939.50