Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Cops looking for this BMW involved in accident

03-20-2016, 10:15 PM   #1
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Cops looking for this BMW involved in accident

Don't know if posted before

http://www.whdh.com/story/31522032/c...e_7NEWS_Boston
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 10:55 PM   #2
iminhell1
C2H5OH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 SG 135i auto

Forgive my ignorance of Boston law but,
If they have a plate, doesn't that also include ownership and address? (business or residential is irrelevant)
Why wouldn't the LEO's just stop by the residence and inquire about the car?
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2016, 07:28 AM   #3
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Maybe the plate is incorrect....I don't know
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 08:11 AM   #4
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Probably stolen plate.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 08:56 AM   #5
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

I'd like to know who's dealer plate is on that Bentley

Its funny, in comments person referring to illegal immigrants. Off topic but just 2 days ago this happened and not a single news channel aired it

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/loc...ramingham_rape

Last edited by Kolyan2k; 03-21-2016 at 09:03 AM..
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2016, 02:16 PM   #6
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post

Its funny, in comments person referring to illegal immigrants. Off topic but just 2 days ago this happened and not a single news channel aired it

Sadly not surprising at all. Careful, you might be deemed a racist for posting that link.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 11:30 AM   #7
Jmoney330
Rep
Drives: 2009 Cadillac CTS

They would have stopped by the registered owners address.

What they are essentially trying to do is see if there are any eye witnesses to the driver of the vehicle. Even if they show up to the registered owners address the registered owner could deny ever being behind the wheel and they wouldn't have enough for charges on them unless there would be a witness that can place said person in the drivers seat.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 08:55 PM   #8
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Sadly not surprising at all. Careful, you might be deemed a racist for posting that link.
All charges dropped

http://patch.com/massachusetts/frami...d-immigrants-0
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 08:58 PM   #9
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

That was the definition of:

Drive it like you stole it
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 10:41 PM   #10
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post
That was the definition of:

Drive it like you stole it
^^ Haha! ^^
      03-30-2016, 05:16 PM   #11
Twixboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 Z4 3.0i 6spd

Quote:
Last year a rich college kid from China was clocked going over 100mph on that same road also driving a Bentley. For people not from the Boston area, keep in mind this is in downtown Boston in a densely populated pedestrian neighborhood. It absolutely boggles my mind how something like this can happen.

Quote:

I live in the next town over and have not heard about this. There's a reason I never drive south of Rt-9 in Framingham
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 05:20 PM   #12
Twixboy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
No, you don't understand. Stuff like this just doesn't happen around here. Most of the towns surrounding Framingham are among the 100 safest towns in the country. I was joking earlier about never going to Framingham, but despite its seedy reputation around here it's actually still much safer than the average town in the US.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2016, 11:10 AM   #13
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twixboy View Post
Last year a rich college kid from China was clocked going over 100mph on that same road also driving a Bentley. For people not from the Boston area, keep in mind this is in downtown Boston in a densely populated pedestrian neighborhood. It absolutely boggles my mind how something like this can happen.

I live in the next town over and have not heard about this. There's a reason I never drive south of Rt-9 in Framingham
shit i live here ! Framingham is a good town, been getting destroyed by downtown and its projects. Its surprising how they could squeeze so much negative in such a small downtown area surrounded by very good and safe towns and area in general. Illegals, homeless, shooting (happened some years ago during daylight), prostitution, and now that...

I live south of rt.9, there are multi million dollar houses here next to that elite golf course and Macomber Estate area

PS. been thinking about buying a house in Hudson maybe or Holliston. Some affordable decent towns, not sure about schools and general real estate appreciation

Last edited by Kolyan2k; 03-31-2016 at 11:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2016, 01:41 PM   #14
Twixboy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
shit i live here ! Framingham is a good town, been getting destroyed by downtown and its projects. Its surprising how they could squeeze so much negative in such a small downtown area surrounded by very good and safe towns and area in general. Illegals, homeless, shooting (happened some years ago during daylight), prostitution, and now that...

I live south of rt.9, there are multi million dollar houses here next to that elite golf course and Macomber Estate area

PS. been thinking about buying a house in Hudson maybe or Holliston. Some affordable decent towns, not sure about schools and general real estate appreciation
Typically towns like Hudson and Holliston do not see much real estate appreciation and when there is a housing downturn they are the first to see prices drop like a rock. There are 2 main factors that affect housing prices in the Boston area: reputation of the schools and commuter options (highway or train access). Neither Hudson nor Holliston have good transportation options, but Holliston does have good schools. I'd say Framingham has better appreciation prospects than either town because it's still relatively affordable and has good infrastructure. If I had to choose one of the 3 to settle down and raise a family, I'd pick Holliston hands down. If I were single I'd choose Framingham because it has more amenities and better access to Boston. I should note that Hudson is actually gaining popularity with the empty nester crowd though because its downtown area has undergone a major transformation over the past decade with new restaurants and coffee shops. It's also the most affordable of the 3 due to being the farthest away from Boston. If you work in Worcester or Marlborough it could work for you. I wouldn't send my kids to school there though.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2016, 02:33 PM   #15
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Typically towns like Hudson and Holliston do not see much real estate appreciation and when there is a housing downturn they are the first to see prices drop like a rock. There are 2 main factors that affect housing prices in the Boston area: reputation of the schools and commuter options (highway or train access). Neither Hudson nor Holliston have good transportation options, but Holliston does have good schools. I'd say Framingham has better appreciation prospects than either town because it's still relatively affordable and has good infrastructure. If I had to choose one of the 3 to settle down and raise a family, I'd pick Holliston hands down. If I were single I'd choose Framingham because it has more amenities and better access to Boston. I should note that Hudson is actually gaining popularity with the empty nester crowd though because its downtown area has undergone a major transformation over the past decade with new restaurants and coffee shops. It's also the most affordable of the 3 due to being the farthest away from Boston. If you work in Worcester or Marlborough it could work for you. I wouldn't send my kids to school there though.

My wife works in Sudbury. I really like Framingham and hate moving, but I figure schools in here are worse then both Hudson and Holliston. No kids yet, but if we decide to move, it will be for a long time.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2016, 03:32 PM   #16
Twixboy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My wife works in Sudbury. I really like Framingham and hate moving, but I figure schools in here are worse then both Hudson and Holliston. No kids yet, but if we decide to move, it will be for a long time.
My wife works in Sudbury too, that's why we moved here. I wonder if they know each other

It makes life a lot easier to work/live in the same town especially if you have kids. As for me, I only have kid duty on the weekends since I commute over an hour each way.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2016, 07:41 AM   #17
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Quote:
My wife works in Sudbury too, that's why we moved here. I wonder if they know each other

It makes life a lot easier to work/live in the same town especially if you have kids. As for me, I only have kid duty on the weekends since I commute over an hour each way.

Yeah, Sudbury is a good town, too expensive for me ) I am a looking at Ahland as well. But like I said Framingham works great for me due to my low cost of living. I only work part time, not looking for a huge mortgage
Appreciate 0