Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Photography/Videography Need some advice from PS gurus (big pics)

03-28-2010, 05:52 PM   #1
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Need some advice from PS gurus (big pics)

I took these in a cemetery in Germany this past fall. As an exercise, I tried to take my wife out of the image. I managed to "fill in" most of the area she was blocking, but I can't seem to figure out how to finish off the corner of the grave surround. It looks fuzzy, like there was water on the lens or something. Is there any way to "fabricate" a new corner for that surround? I don't have any other pic of this, so there's nothing to steal a corner from. Just what you see. Thanks for any advice.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #2
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

I've got no skillz with PS, but I did mess around a bit with the second image in CS4. I used "content aware scaling" rebuild the corner, and then a quick clone stamp to adjust the tree/bush back to a more greenish color.

Better? Beats me.....
Attached Images

2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2010, 08:11 PM   #3
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

I was having problems getting the clone stamp to work right. Suddenly my brand spanking new laptop with 3GB RAM is having a hard time running PS. I choose the clone source, then when I apply the clone stamp it takes 5 or 10 seconds to show up. So if I stamp a bunch of places, it slowly fills in. But by the 3rd or 4th stamp, it starts bleeding in surrounding color. In the meantime, my resource meter shows PS using nearly 1.5GB of the RAM. Weird.

That area under the tree really did have some bluish flowers in there, so I didn't think that looked too bad. I just think there has to be a way to draw in the outline of the corner and then use the pattern from the visible portion of the gravestone to fill it in. Just not sure how to do it.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2010, 08:31 PM   #4
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Getting there. Still a bit fuzzy in the area.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2010, 06:19 PM   #5
cooh23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90

It looks like the edges can easily be fixed by the burn tool.
      03-30-2010, 12:26 PM   #6
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

I don't have PS on my work computer so i can't do it here. I would make a dupliate layer, then on the top layer i would extend the sides of the surround past where it needs to go. Then use polygon lasso to make a seleciton in the shape of the corner where you want it to be. Then select inverse and erase the parts of the surround that extends past where you want the corner to be. Cheap and dirty, but should work.
      03-30-2010, 01:33 PM   #7
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
I don't have PS on my work computer so i can't do it here. I would make a dupliate layer, then on the top layer i would extend the sides of the surround past where it needs to go. Then use polygon lasso to make a seleciton in the shape of the corner where you want it to be. Then select inverse and erase the parts of the surround that extends past where you want the corner to be. Cheap and dirty, but should work.
Damn, genius really is simplicity. That should work like ten. I'll have to give that a try. Got to be easier than drawing one in like I was doing.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0