Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Gym Talk! Daily gym related talk

03-20-2020, 09:52 PM   #2091
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Doing home workouts. Yesterday I did shoulders just using these dumbbells I bought for my kids a few years ago. Tonight I'm doing arms. Amazing what kind of movements you can do with just dumbells, pushups, tricep push ups and sitting tricep pushes
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2020, 10:24 PM   #2092
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Yep did shoulders yesterday and arms today also
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 09:31 AM   #2093
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Well, add adjustable dumb bells to the panic buy items. Called around and no one has them. Guess I should be happy with the weights and equipment I have now.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 12:49 AM   #2094
christoepurrr
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Well, add adjustable dumb bells to the panic buy items. Called around and no one has them. Guess I should be happy with the weights and equipment I have now.
Spent today searching online as well as physically checking some local stores. It appears that dumbbells are all sold out :
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 11:04 AM   #2095
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Anyone have cable machine at home? Was looking for twin tower so can do chest stuff as well as tricep bicep and back moves. Was thinking plate loaded so doesnt weight million pounds to start. Nothing I've found is without drawbacks.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 09:29 PM   #2096
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Anyone have cable machine at home? Was looking for twin tower so can do chest stuff as well as tricep bicep and back moves. Was thinking plate loaded so doesnt weight million pounds to start. Nothing I've found is without drawbacks.
It's not what you're looking for but I have this:

https://www.bodysolid.com/home/glm83...ro_lat_machine

As you said, home machines tend to have some drawbacks. The movement of the weight carrier isn't as smooth as it should be. And if you're tall, you're not going to get a full stretch when doing lat pull downs. But it's better than nothing.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 10:02 PM   #2097
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

I was looking for some outdoor place to do something and found one nearby and went to check it out. Walked up and was greeted by two of the trainers from my gym who brought a dumbbell set and rowing machine. Kind of funny--they said they were just going to come here for now. The place has some odd exercises mainly using body weight to do stuff but you can get pretty good lat stuff in as well as dips and pushups on the various bars. I didn't do much but am pretty sore in the upper body...probably because of doing "new" exercises.
As for legs...been riding a bike but will hopefully find some other options as well.
Attached Images

03-23-2020, 06:37 AM   #2098
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
I was looking for some outdoor place to do something and found one nearby and went to check it out. Walked up and was greeted by two of the trainers from my gym who brought a dumbbell set and rowing machine. Kind of funny--they said they were just going to come here for now. The place has some odd exercises mainly using body weight to do stuff but you can get pretty good lat stuff in as well as dips and pushups on the various bars. I didn't do much but am pretty sore in the upper body...probably because of doing "new" exercises.
As for legs...been riding a bike but will hopefully find some other options as well.
This looks sweet, I could get a mean workout done here! Screams HIT.

Luckily my gym is still open, and there slim to no people that go there. They've also been sanitizing each night, also theres a rule where you have to wipe down equipment and people abide by it (first time I've ever seen it haha). Lifting Back today and chest yesterday. Saturday was the girls bday so we went for a quick run in the morning then pretended we were at the beach and sat out in the back yard with our beach chairs since it was 85°. Got so burnt, looking like a lobstah!
Appreciate 1
jgoens3787.50
      03-23-2020, 11:43 AM   #2099
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Victory garden work for 2 days has me glad to be back at work, so I can rest, at least physically.

I, too, absorbed a huge quantity of Vit D from the sun. Back will survive, but I should have worn a hat to protect my bald head ;(
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 06:33 AM   #2100
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Lifted shoulders this morning and followed it up with a 5k. Felt really good through the workout. 30mins later my body is in shambles at work, physically exhausted lol. I'll hopefully loosen up as the day goes on, but right now I'm hurting!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 01:35 PM   #2101
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I've love a dual cable tower setup but don't want to allocate the space (and they're pricey). So, I ended up putting together a bastardized system using parts from various mfg.

Started w/ the plate load 'option' from Rogue's Monster Lite Slinger. Then a mix of Rogue shackles, a Titan pulley (out of curiosity), and various parts from McMaster Carr (e.g. pulleys and coated steel rope). The result is a single, plate-loaded, high pulley on my power rack.

Combined total was << $$$ than other options and nothing that couldn't be (mostly) DIY. I'm also looking to add a low pulley, which should only require an addt'l pulley and length of steel rope.
      03-29-2020, 01:53 PM   #2102
Moisture
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mazda 6, 2020 Lexus NX300

My dad managed to cop the last kettlebells at canadian tire. It says 20LB on the but they feel more like 25 or even closer to 30. Yesterday I trained chest with an underhand "supinated" grip. Very humbling excersise as you will not be able to lift quite as much as with a pronated grip, but by keeping your elbows tucked in the upper pec (clavicular head) activation is unreal.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 01:55 PM   #2103
Moisture
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mazda 6, 2020 Lexus NX300

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
For legs - check out the excersize he shows at the 7:23 minute mark.

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 02:00 PM   #2104
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Watched that yesterday and did 1st and last in addition to bike sprints in between
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 08:13 AM   #2105
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Well the fiance officially banned me from the gym. Plan on cutting my intake, running a lot, and doing what I can at home. Will just try to get lean, "sigh".
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      03-31-2020, 08:31 AM   #2106
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Well the fiance officially banned me from the gym. Plan on cutting my intake, running a lot, and doing what I can at home. Will just try to get lean, "sigh".
Better safe than sorry man. I know it sucks.

I felt the same way. But then I thought if I were to catch something and accidentally bring it work...I could put them at risk of shutting the place down.

Right now we are still working. So I told all of my guys that whatever they do outside of work has consequences that affects others even if they aren't aware of it although they should be.

Hope you guys are doing well!
      03-31-2020, 08:45 AM   #2107
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Better safe than sorry man. I know it sucks.

I felt the same way. But then I thought if I were to catch something and accidentally bring it work...I could put them at risk of shutting the place down.

Right now we are still working. So I told all of my guys that whatever they do outside of work has consequences that affects others even if they aren't aware of it although they should be.

Hope you guys are doing well!
Right, I agree, and the more I thought about it the more irresponsible I felt for going. When I found out Friday that she was getting tested, I felt awful, thought I had just exposed our entire facility because I interact with everyone daily. Luckily that was not the case.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      03-31-2020, 08:46 AM   #2108
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Put together calf raise machine last night seems decent. Doing calves later today after work
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 09:39 AM   #2109
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Right, I agree, and the more I thought about it the more irresponsible I felt for going. When I found out Friday that she was getting tested, I felt awful, thought I had just exposed our entire facility because I interact with everyone daily. Luckily that was not the case.
Glad to hear she tested negative!
      03-31-2020, 09:41 AM   #2110
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Glad to hear she tested negative!
Much appreciated, hoping it stays that way!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 10:40 AM   #2111
Teufel_Hunden
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

I have access to a gym at work, but it was closed last Monday. Now I'm working from home 4 days a week, and luckily, I have a power rack and bench. No dumbbells, just a barbell and weights, so I can make do for the time being. It does limit what I normally do, but I'm making it work - no complaints.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 04:39 PM   #2112
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I haven't been doing a lot....maybe one hard workout a week with weights. Than another day of doing bodyweight stuff.

Diet has settled in around 3K calories a day, and I seem to be holding right around 185lbs.

I'm lighter than normal for this time of year, but I seem to be holding onto more muscle than I thought I would. I think a lot of it has to do with being consistent for years while lifting as heavy as I can.

I'm a big believer in developing a strong base. You put in the work, and it doesn't disappear as quickly as some people experience who just go through the motions.

But again....it's still an illusion. The leaner you get, the bigger and better you look!