Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA Any way to track your BMW build for Australia?

01-27-2020, 02:41 AM   #23
SuperEvilGenius
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ View Post
Wow that's an unnecessarily long wait between docking and pickup. Did they explain why?

Usually BMW can turn around arriving in port to in your hands in 2 weeks or less provided ff m there aren't any issues (e.g. damage, customs, quarantine etc.)
Yeh I thought it was a bit long, the only answer I got back was quarantine delays.

I'm assuming the tinting and paint protection gets done at the dealership, or they do send it off somewhere else first and then deliver to dealer?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 02:48 AM   #24
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperEvilGenius View Post
Quote:
Wow that's an unnecessarily long wait between docking and pickup. Did they explain why?

Usually BMW can turn around arriving in port to in your hands in 2 weeks or less provided ff m there aren't any issues (e.g. damage, customs, quarantine etc.)
Yeh I thought it was a bit long, the only answer I got back was quarantine delays.

I'm assuming the tinting and paint protection gets done at the dealership, or they do send it off somewhere else first and then deliver to dealer?
Yeah probably some insect found on a random car on the ship and then they had to scan every car one by one.

With the tinting and such, it's likely to be done offsite unless your dealership does it frequently. That'll only add maybe a day though.

You'll also find that they'll prioritise special vehicles (M, 7, 8 etc) over regular cars as they generally have additional work required and also are a bigger liability to hold onto for longer. That'll all play into it.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 05:01 AM   #25
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
I agree, driving the Model 3 was definitely fun, and the massive screen is cool.

I have a list of all the option codes if you want them, but it doesn't tell you what's standard and what's extra.
Cheers, I got a copy of the specs and checked it out. I think above the two main packages I might check out the recorder and TPMS.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 07:04 AM   #26
SuperEvilGenius
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Yeah probably some insect found on a random car on the ship and then they had to scan every car one by one.

With the tinting and such, it's likely to be done offsite unless your dealership does it frequently. That'll only add maybe a day though.

You'll also find that they'll prioritise special vehicles (M, 7, 8 etc) over regular cars as they generally have additional work required and also are a bigger liability to hold onto for longer. That'll all play into it.
Thx for the info PBJ. Dealer said he marked it as priority but didn't really make a difference. Hopefully I'll get more info tomorrow.

Slideit, the two packages you're looking at are definitely worth it. I had loan car without comfort access for 2 weeks and it drove my head in, almost broke the door handle a couple times. My advice is aim to get 15-20% discount on what they quote you for a custom order, 20-25% if they are trying to clear current stock.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 07:07 AM   #27
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I wanted to get the rear heated seats but was told you can't option that with merino leather (doesn't make sense since front seats are merino and heated). And lastly the roller shades for the back windows, apparently not an option in Oz.

I have a list of all the option codes if you want them, but it doesn't tell you what's standard and what's extra.
Also that's so cool that you got the roller shades! I had these on my F30 and am a bit bummed that they weren't available on the G20.

It's too late now to spec it as my car is being built as we speak but how did you go about specifying it as I couldn't find any info online about it?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 08:13 AM   #28
SuperEvilGenius
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Also that's so cool that you got the roller shades! I had these on my F30 and am a bit bummed that they weren't available on the G20.

It's too late now to spec it as my car is being built as we speak but how did you go about specifying it as I couldn't find any info online about it?

The rollers are surprisingly useful, my dad has them in his X3, great for long drives during the summer. Pretty bummed I can't get them, guess I'll have to go old school.

OMG trying to get specific details online or through a dealer was an absolute pain. I basically ended up using the BMW configurator from various different countries to try and piece together what all the options were because not all regions get the same options or packages. And even then I still missed things, only the dealer knew about the exclusive package, didn't find that anywhere in my research.
I tried asking the dealer but not even they had one for the 330e back in May since BMW HQ hadn't sent them out yet. I think now you can ask a dealer and they will give u the a list all of the packages and options for AU.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 03:15 PM   #29
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Like you guys, I was pretty upset that I could not option the rear window blind in my M340i. Window tinting just does not do it.
I have this option on my F30 335i and it is excellent when parked in the hot sun and also when driving with the sun directly behind the car - the spoilt spaniels in the back are very grateful! They are going to be very upset when the new car arrives!
      01-27-2020, 09:43 PM   #30
bcoz
spectator
Australia
Rep
Drives: 330d Sedan

Quote:
And even then I still missed things, only the dealer knew about the exclusive package, didn't find that anywhere in my research.
The Exclusive Package (Z1N) is listed on page 10 of the 'Specification Guide' which can be downloaded from the AU website:
https://www.bmw.com.au/en/all-models...n-inspire.html

Note: the current Specification Guide is dated June 2019. There should be a new one for January 2020, but it hasn't been uploaded yet. It's best to ask your dealer for a copy.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 07:43 AM   #31
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoz View Post
Note: the current Specification Guide is dated June 2019. There should be a new one for January 2020, but it hasn't been uploaded yet. It's best to ask your dealer for a copy.

They really seem to be taking their sweet time updating the website for the 2020 line-up!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 09:32 AM   #32
SuperEvilGenius
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoz View Post
The Exclusive Package (Z1N) is listed on page 10 of the 'Specification Guide' which can be downloaded from the AU website:
https://www.bmw.com.au/en/all-models...n-inspire.html

That wasn't available back when I ordered, the one online just had the spec sheet for 330i and m340i.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 12:45 AM   #33
G20.rjm
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiahy004 View Post
Hi G20.rjm, did you eventually receive your car in October?

I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and was told it could arrive at the end of March, so pretty much 2.5 months. Cannot wait...
I did. I collected it on 28 Oct. It has been awesome. Zero regrets.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 01:27 AM   #34
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Perhaps other owners can outline how long it took for them to receive their car, through each stage of the process?

This is mine so far:

Time to build car: 8 days
Time to transport car by train from Munich to Bremerhaven: 3 days
Time to board ship for Australia: ETD 2 Feb
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 08:46 PM   #35
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Perhaps other owners can outline how long it took for them to receive their car, through each stage of the process?

This is mine so far:

Time to build car: 8 days
Time to transport car by train from Munich to Bremerhaven: 3 days
Time to board ship for Australia: ETD 2 Feb
The build date for my M340i was 21st Jan 2020, so I was expecting the car to be on the boat by now. I have checked with the Hoeghautoliners website each day since 28th but no luck yet. The VIN is not recognized by the website so I checked with my dealer to ensure he had given me the correct VIN.
I’m hoping the car will make it to Bremerhaven in time for departure on 2nd Feb. .........not holding my breath.
I used to work in car transport industry in the UK many years ago and know for a fact that several cars “get lost” while enroute from the factory to their owners. Here’s hoping my car is not one of those!
      01-30-2020, 08:52 PM   #36
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
I have checked with the Hoeghautoliners website each day since 28th but no luck yet. The VIN is not recognized by the website so I checked with my dealer to ensure he had given me the correct VIN.
Are you sure it's being shipped with Hoegh Autoliners? I've heard most BMWs come through WW
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 09:10 PM   #37
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Are you sure it's being shipped with Hoegh Autoliners? I've heard most BMWs come through WW
That was the shipping firm that the dealer provided with the following web address:
http://www.hoeghautoliners.com/my-cargo

Do you have a web address for WW?
I assume I would just be required to enter my VIN.
      01-30-2020, 09:37 PM   #38
achk
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW U11 iX1 Xdrive 30

Quote:
Quote:
That was the shipping firm that the dealer provided with the following web address:

My dealer was able to provide me the actual name of the ship the car is on. After that I was able to track the ship with any maritime website. I even watched the ship come into Port Philip Bay.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 09:37 PM   #39
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Try here: https://www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com/track-trace

My partner's car, funnily enough, is coming via Hoegh. I think mine will be with WW, surprising it wasn't on the same ship and company as her's given they were made at the same time but I guess logistics have their own plans.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 11:14 PM   #40
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for your help.
Yep, I tried WW with my VIN but the reply was “No Records Found”.
Unfortunately, I don’t have a booking number or a bill of lading number.
I’ll give the dealer another try for more info.
      01-31-2020, 07:22 PM   #41
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
I have finally been able to track my car.
Instead of departing from Bremerhaven, as I originally thought, I see that it will depart Antwerp via Hoeghautoliners on 6th Feb, arriving in Melbourne 14th March.
It’s good to know it hasn’t been lost behind a container on the docks! :-)
      03-02-2020, 10:40 PM   #42
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Hi guys
I was wondering at what stage can you get the VIN from the dealer? Do Australian dealers update you or do you have to hassle them to get any information?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 12:41 PM   #43
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
You’ll be able to get the VIN as soon as your vehicle goes into production.
My car went into production 18th Jan and was completed 21st Jan.
The dealer notified me a few days later. The dealer should know your build date prior to production.
From that point on I was able to track the car once it arrived in Antwerp and on to a ship for transport to Australia. There was a gap of 2 weeks from build date to load date on the ship.
      03-03-2020, 06:46 PM   #44
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You’ll be able to get the VIN as soon as your vehicle goes into production.
I see, either my dealer is slack or the car has not entered produciton.
Appreciate 0