Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA Any way to track your BMW build for Australia?

03-26-2020, 04:25 PM   #133
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ View Post
I can barely breathe I'm so excited! But also I don't want to get disappointed so I'm going to assume a worst case scenario of it being locked down! I do hope all of our cars arrive before Easter

I was planning on doing the following to mine:
- Paint protection film
- Ceramic coating for exterior
- Interior protection

With the PPF, I'm not so sure about it this time around as I don't think I'll be driving around too far for a while!

By the way, interior protection is super easy to DIY. I just bought some leather ceramic coating stuff for my new sofa and applied it. Really wasn't all that hard. In case any of you guys were thinking that, go for it. I may still go professional as I have ivory white seats!

Ceramic coating is a no brainer. However there are a few options nowadays: plain ceramic coat, wet look (glossier) and self healing. They vary in price quite dramatically. I need to reign it in haha
Be aware that you will have to apply PPF prior to any paint protection. In general, (I was told last week by professional car detailers) the paint protection products are too slippery to apply PPF at a later date.
Should you decide to apply PPF after paint protection, the paint protection will have to be removed first. I’m not sure how difficult this is.
      03-26-2020, 04:27 PM   #134
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Quote:
I can barely breathe I'm so excited! But also I don't want to get disappointed so I'm going to assume a worst case scenario of it being locked down! I do hope all of our cars arrive before Easter

I was planning on doing the following to mine:
- Paint protection film
- Ceramic coating for exterior
- Interior protection

With the PPF, I'm not so sure about it this time around as I don't think I'll be driving around too far for a while!

By the way, interior protection is super easy to DIY. I just bought some leather ceramic coating stuff for my new sofa and applied it. Really wasn't all that hard. In case any of you guys were thinking that, go for it. I may still go professional as I have ivory white seats!

Ceramic coating is a no brainer. However there are a few options nowadays: plain ceramic coat, wet look (glossier) and self healing. They vary in price quite dramatically. I need to reign it in haha
Be aware that you will have to apply PPF prior to any paint protection. In general, (I was told last week by professional car detailers) the paint protection products are too slippery to apply PPF at a later date.
Should you decide to apply PPF after paint protection, the paint protection will have to be removed first. I'm not sure how difficult this is.
I heard this too, it's a now or never type thing I guess. This would be my first car without PPF, and I would miss the lack of worry I would normally have. PPF it is!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 12:46 AM   #135
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Interesting news from Prixcar today:

Consignment Status In Transit
Despatch Priority 3
Pickup Date 26/03/2020
Expected Delivery 06/04/2020
Pickup From PRIXCAR WEBB DOCK, WEST WEBB DOCK
Deliver To Dealer ADELAIDE BMW & MINI GARAGE, 38 WALSH STREET, THEBARTON, SA 5031

Pickup
PRIXCAR WEBB DOCK, WEST WEBB DOCK (STRANGS), 96 KOORINGA WAY, PORT MELBOURNE, VIC 3207

Deliver to
DEPOT TRANSPORT WINGFIELD, GATE 2 (OPEN 8.30AM TO 4.00PM), 18-22 DAVIS STREET, WINGFIELD, SA 5013
Status Despatched 27/03/2020
ETA 28/03/2020
Arrival ???

Perhaps priority 3 is the highest priority.
No contact from the dealer today, but expecting a call tomorrow if the car arrives in Adelaide before end of business.
On Monday I’m hoping the dealer will have a firm delivery date for me.
      03-27-2020, 04:18 AM   #136
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i ,17 Impreza,16 Pulsar

Quote:
Interesting news from Prixcar today:

Consignment Status In Transit
Despatch Priority 3
Pickup Date 26/03/2020
Expected Delivery 06/04/2020
Pickup From PRIXCAR WEBB DOCK, WEST WEBB DOCK
Deliver To Dealer ADELAIDE BMW & MINI GARAGE, 38 WALSH STREET, THEBARTON, SA 5031

Pickup
PRIXCAR WEBB DOCK, WEST WEBB DOCK (STRANGS), 96 KOORINGA WAY, PORT MELBOURNE, VIC 3207

Deliver to
DEPOT TRANSPORT WINGFIELD, GATE 2 (OPEN 8.30AM TO 4.00PM), 18-22 DAVIS STREET, WINGFIELD, SA 5013
Status Despatched 27/03/2020
ETA 28/03/2020
Arrival ???

Perhaps priority 3 is the highest priority.
No contact from the dealer today, but expecting a call tomorrow if the car arrives in Adelaide before end of business.
On Monday I’m hoping the dealer will have a firm delivery date for me.
oh wow congrats SteveAus!! congrats no long till you get your beast of machine. i see on PrixCar's website and im on priortiy 3 as well. hopefully i would get it by mid april. all i can hope. the excitement is getting unreal and im too excited. ive booked in to get ceramic coating done, window tint and blackvue 900s 2 channel dash cam installed as well. look forward to seeing photos of your machine SteveAus. good luck and hope you get your confirmation call shortly.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 04:57 AM   #137
vish1987
Registered
Rep
Drives: M135i

I am Brisbane based - car on Prominent Ace.
My dealer has pencilled delivery for Tuesday 31st March, it may be delayed to Thursday but he is confident I will have my car next week - crazy in comparison to some of you guys who are also on this ship and cars have docked Melbourne/Sydney!!

I spoke to him today and apparently BMW australia are making big waves to get these cars delivered ASAP.

I suppose the threat ofCOVID 19 also looms for them - if we go into lockdown, dealerships will have to close.

Let's see what happens!!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 06:11 AM   #138
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by vish1987 View Post

I spoke to him today and apparently BMW australia are making big waves to get these cars delivered ASAP.

I suppose the threat ofCOVID 19 also looms for them - if we go into lockdown, dealerships will have to close.

Let's see what happens!!
Looks like my car might end up having a nice long holiday on a ship or the docks come late April
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 06:42 AM   #139
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport 2020(G20)

Quote:
I’m not absolutely sure at the moment as I do not have the car in my possession. However, I plan to locate the battery either behind the right hand panel in the boot, close to the car battery, or under the front passenger seat. I’ll assess the optimum position when I’m able to get my hands on the car.
Ah Thanks Steve, I thought you had it installed in your old car.
Totally forgot BMW has the battery in the boot !., got it
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 06:47 AM   #140
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Firetitan,
You might also consider getting a tamper proof fitting for the Blackvue.
The reason being that I was very annoyed by BMW mechanics disconnecting (pulling the power cable) the dash cam during road testing after a service. The whole point of dashcams is to record data while driving.
I was cited by my dealer that it is illegal to record people without their permission. But I always stipulate that my car is fitted with dashcams and audio recording can be switched off with a single tap on the left hand side of the front camera.
During the first service on the car the mechanics were speeding through a 60 kph zone and were somewhat derogatory with regard to the, then new, F30 335i (sure, everyone is allowed to voice their opinions). It was the heavy acceleration and speeding in a 60 kph zone that bothered me most.
Ah yes, thanks Steve I saw that on the Blackvue web site somewhere , I must take note of that, so many things to consider.
My friends car went into a dealership(Not BMW) and his webcam detected that the service people bumped his car into another car and did not tell him, so anti tamper will be very useful.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 06:49 AM   #141
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideit View Post
Looks like my car might end up having a nice long holiday on a ship or the docks come late April
Mate... my schedule just got delayed by 10 days ...aargh so late May now...the pain...the pain.. Hahaha, only 8 ports to go and counting.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 02:50 PM   #142
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by firetitan View Post
Ah Thanks Steve, I thought you had it installed in your old car.
Totally forgot BMW has the battery in the boot !., got it
Yes, I have Blackvue dash cams in the F30.
There is ‘secret’ compartment under the floor of the boot, close to one of the fuse boxes. I have the Cellink Neo located in that compartment.
And I have connected it to an ACC fuse. That is, power to the fuse is off when the ignition is off.
Unfortunately, the G20 does not have a ‘secret’ compartment in the boot, so I will have to find another location.
      03-27-2020, 02:55 PM   #143
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Mate... my schedule just got delayed by 10 days ...aargh so late May now...the pain...the pain.. Hahaha, only 8 ports to go and counting.
Hang in there guys.
It’s not over until it’s over.
As stated earlier, BMW wants to deliver these cars quickly (and wants the money in the bank), so it’s possible they will move hell or high water to get these cars delivered quickly before a possible lock down.
Here’s hoping.
      03-27-2020, 04:13 PM   #144
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 04:38 PM   #145
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

For anyone in Sydney, my estimate is that cars will leave the wharf on Tuesday 31 March, arrive at Prixcar the same day, get complained on Wednesday 1 Apr and at dealers by Thursday 2 Apr.

I'm sure all the dealers are keen to pump out cars for delivery handover ASAP so you could be having your cars by next weekend!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 05:10 PM   #146
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
For anyone in Sydney, my estimate is that cars will leave the wharf on Tuesday 31 March, arrive at Prixcar the same day, get complained on Wednesday 1 Apr and at dealers by Thursday 2 Apr.

I'm sure all the dealers are keen to pump out cars for delivery handover ASAP so you could be having your cars by next weekend!
Wow! And I thought I was optimistic.
I do hope that you are right for all your sakes.
Keep ‘em crossed.
      03-27-2020, 05:24 PM   #147
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:

@PBJ - praying for those details to be correct haha the wait has been so long and want to get it and have all works done before Easter... let's see how the movement is going according to the port Kembla movement it should of left this morning to go to another location which means all Sydney cars would of been loaded off already all we can do is hope it gets cleared ASAP and before lock dock haha
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2020, 04:19 AM   #148
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hang in there guys.
It’s not over until it’s over.
As stated earlier, BMW wants to deliver these cars quickly (and wants the money in the bank), so it’s possible they will move hell or high water to get these cars delivered quickly before a possible lock down.
Here’s hoping.
Thanks for the encouragement Steve
I spoke to a friend who works in the car industry , it's looking very bleak, for 2 years theres been a downturn and this Corona may be the final straw.So yup I think they need the cash
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2020, 04:21 AM   #149
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I have Blackvue dash cams in the F30.
There is ‘secret’ compartment under the floor of the boot, close to one of the fuse boxes. I have the Cellink Neo located in that compartment.
And I have connected it to an ACC fuse. That is, power to the fuse is off when the ignition is off.
Unfortunately, the G20 does not have a ‘secret’ compartment in the boot, so I will have to find another location.
What GEN7 and no secret compartment , they should have two !!!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 09:44 PM   #150
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:

PBJ - looks like your guess are right there is some changes
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 11:50 PM   #151
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlo238 View Post
PBJ - looks like your guess are right there is some changes
I think we may be running even a head of schedule. Looks like both of our cars have cleared AQIS/customs and are ready for compliancing.

Keep checking, it could be complianced today and make its way onto a truck for dealers tomorrow morning.

Speaking from experience as I tracked another car which did the exact same process but a day ahead of our cars (came in on a different ship which was docked a day ahead). That car is already at the dealer, arriving around noon today!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 12:33 AM   #152
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I think we may be running even a head of schedule. Looks like both of our cars have cleared AQIS/customs and are ready for compliancing.

Keep checking, it could be complianced today and make its way onto a truck for dealers tomorrow morning.

Speaking from experience as I tracked another car which did the exact same process but a day ahead of our cars (came in on a different ship which was docked a day ahead). That car is already at the dealer, arriving around noon today!

Hi PBJ,
i guess we will have to wait and see. this is too good to be true. i am scared there maybe be delayed. i am trying to be optimistic hope we get by mid april
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 01:48 AM   #153
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Just heard from my dealer.....some good news, some not so good news.
The good news....My car will be delivered Fri 3rd April.
It arrived at Prixcar 27th Mar and will not arrive at the dealer until tomorrow, 31st Mar (weekend involved there).

The not so good news......the rear diffuser is not here......Ordered 5 months ago. It seems there have been problems in Germany and BMW does not order these parts until the car is in country. WTF! At least the rear spoiler and front splitter are here.

I’ll get the paint protection and window tinting done on Monday 6th and will be fully operational prior to the Easter long weekend.
With isolation practices in place, it will give me plenty of time to install the dashcams in a quiet and orderly manner.
      03-30-2020, 01:50 AM   #154
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Just heard from my dealer.....some good news, some not so good news.
The good news....My car will be delivered Fri 3rd April.
Great news! Look forward to hearing more!
Appreciate 0