BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions ACC Retrofit

02-20-2022, 07:37 AM   #1
samcrooks182
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

ACC Retrofit

Hi all,

Has anyone done an ACC retrofit on their G2X model car? Due to semiconductor shortage I couldn’t spec it on my car but it was an option I really wanted…

I’ve come across a company called “group buy car parts” that say they can do it by shipping me all the parts and completing coding remotely, but it’s quite expensive at £1500.

Anyone with any experience of what’s involved or of Group buy car parts?

Thanks,

Sam
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2022, 03:10 PM   #2
Cstef
Belgium
Rep
Drives: G23

i have the same problem and like to know ? I have already buy a second hand radar , and the dedicated steer buttons , what do I need extra bumper radars 2x times or 4 times I find it verry dificult to find information or schemes of G23
Must here buy putting complete new wiring looms are simplified connection on the already exiting wiring ?

kind regards stef
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 11:41 PM   #3
repz
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw g21

Did you guys ended by achieving this retrofit ? I am also looking to do it but I am not sure about which parts I need and coding.
I guess that I need the front radar and the wheel button but I am pretty sure that some more parts are needed (like wiring cable).

Would be awesome if someone can help
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 08:22 PM   #4
mlurker
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstef View Post
i have the same problem and like to know ? I have already buy a second hand radar , and the dedicated steer buttons , what do I need extra bumper radars 2x times or 4 times I find it verry dificult to find information or schemes of G23
Must here buy putting complete new wiring looms are simplified connection on the already exiting wiring ?

kind regards stef
Extra bumper radars are for jam assistant, when the car can steer itself in the traffic. For adaptive cruise it shouldn't be required.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2024, 01:15 PM   #5
deneyer
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstef View Post

kind regards stef
If you have any parking asistant (no need to change the dsc) but you need the acc radar (6 wires) steeringwheel buttons and offcourse coding. But a fsc code is needed but dont know where to get one or you need to do it with an emu.
Appreciate 0