Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Future BMW model information (Response Archive)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-22-2018, 06:20 AM   #1893
ewoody
Private
ewoody's Avatar
Switzerland
40
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: BMW 745Le xDrive/MB S500L
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Any Information about the presentation date of the G11/12 LCI? January 2019?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2018, 07:55 PM   #1894
ynguldyn
Colonel
4052
Rep
2,749
Posts

Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Some good news about M3/M4.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=901686
Appreciate 6
Brake_Late1912.50
xlover1127.50
mkoesel6485.50
Jason27230.00
kern4173187.50
bonsai47.00

      10-26-2018, 03:33 PM   #1895
Vucko
Private First Class
128
Rep
134
Posts

Drives: BMW 630i E63
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Srbija

iTrader: (0)

What is happening to the 3GT and 4GC? I had heard that the next generation models were canceled, but I just read in the OP that, while the G24 4GT is canceled, the G26 4GC is still coming, just later than expected as something new and more interesting than the current model.

Does anyone know more about this?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 04:54 PM   #1896
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
7852
Rep
11,814
Posts

Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vucko View Post
What is happening to the 3GT and 4GC? I had heard that the next generation models were canceled, but I just read in the OP that, while the G24 4GT is canceled, the G26 4GC is still coming, just later than expected as something new and more interesting than the current model.

Does anyone know more about this?
is it me.. or did you answer your own query about the 4GC..

3GT variant is dead for next gen I believe.
Appreciate 1
kern4173187.50

      10-26-2018, 04:55 PM   #1897
upsidedownfunnel
Colonel
United_States
1921
Rep
2,478
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vucko View Post
What is happening to the 3GT and 4GC? I had heard that the next generation models were canceled, but I just read in the OP that, while the G24 4GT is canceled, the G26 4GC is still coming, just later than expected as something new and more interesting than the current model.

Does anyone know more about this?
I'd always heard the GT was being cancelled and the GC was going to continue development. This makes sense since no one bought the GT and the GC was a hit.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 04:58 PM   #1898
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
7852
Rep
11,814
Posts

Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
I'd always heard the GT was being cancelled and the GC was going to continue development. This makes sense since no one bought the GT and the GC was a hit.
in the July updates above was the following info.

•G24 (next 3GT) has been canceled. Good riddance.
•G26 will keep the hatchback. There are hints that it's been delayed until 07/21.

With a possible production start of 2021... probably going to be awhile before any significant updates on the G26
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 05:33 PM   #1899
Vucko
Private First Class
128
Rep
134
Posts

Drives: BMW 630i E63
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Srbija

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
is it me.. or did you answer your own query about the 4GC..

3GT variant is dead for next gen I believe.
hahq yes, it seems that way, but actually its a question for more infos and for someone saying i get that right

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
I'd always heard the GT was being cancelled and the GC was going to continue development. This makes sense since no one bought the GT and the GC was a hit.
thats my questions actually, is it going to be 4gt or 4gc, as M2 Adjuster said that 4gc will come but later than expected and we have heard thing about merging 3gt and 4gc in to 4gt, that actually a question, what we will get at the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
in the July updates above was the following info.

•G24 (next 3GT) has been canceled. Good riddance.
•G26 will keep the hatchback. There are hints that it's been delayed until 07/21.

With a possible production start of 2021... probably going to be awhile before any significant updates on the G26
so, new gen gives us 4gc instead of early rumored 4gt?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 06:13 PM   #1900
SCOTT26
Major General
SCOTT26's Avatar
4789
Rep
5,746
Posts

Drives: A big F-off German Truck.
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WORLDWIDE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
I'd always heard the GT was being cancelled and the GC was going to continue development. This makes sense since no one bought the GT and the GC was a hit.
The GC is needed for continuity between 2er and The 8.
__________________
The M850i is evidence that BMW have got their mojo back when it comes to dynamic sports cars...
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 10:59 PM   #1901
dmboone25
Lieutenant General
dmboone25's Avatar
United_States
4591
Rep
10,038
Posts

Drives: 2020 JCW/2016 981 BGTS
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
The GC is needed for continuity between 2er and The 8.
Except....the 2GC is FWD. How does that relate to the 8?

Is it going FWD too?



Maybe the 2 series minivan relates to the 8 too. One big happy family.
__________________
Past rides: 2015 981 CS, 2014 F22 235, 2011 E82 135, 2008 E82 135, 2007 E92 328, 2007 E92 328 (My lady drives an OG M2. So does my dad)
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2018, 03:02 PM   #1902
Vucko
Private First Class
128
Rep
134
Posts

Drives: BMW 630i E63
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Srbija

iTrader: (0)

there are missing collected infos of 1 and 2 series release dates, and engine, and its hard to believe that there are no infos, especially when the new 1series is around corner, same days as 3series, a month or 2 before/after
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 04:04 PM   #1903
ynguldyn
Colonel
4052
Rep
2,749
Posts

Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vucko View Post
here are.missong collected i fos of 1 and 2 series release dates, and engine, and its hsrd to believe that there are no infos, especially when the new 1series is around corner, same days as 3series, a month or 2 before/after
The post you quoted says right at the top: "These are just US market models".

For the benefit of others, please spell check your posts.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 04:43 PM   #1904
SCOTT26
Major General
SCOTT26's Avatar
4789
Rep
5,746
Posts

Drives: A big F-off German Truck.
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WORLDWIDE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Except....the 2GC is FWD. How does that relate to the 8?

Is it going FWD too?



Maybe the 2 series minivan relates to the 8 too. One big happy family.
Well the Coupe series of BMW 2er,4er and The 8 will all feature more practical Gran Coupe variants. As I said each line has continuity.
__________________
The M850i is evidence that BMW have got their mojo back when it comes to dynamic sports cars...
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 07:12 AM   #1905
kern417
Cheapskate
United_States
3188
Rep
4,258
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i / 2010 X5
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (1)

Everything about the new ///Ms intrigues me. The MT option and rwd option is awesome. I thought I timed my lease perfectly to hop into the next gen, but I'm guessing the G82 won't be out by 2020. Seems like my only options are to be down a car for a year or so, or buy it out and just enjoy it.

Sorry, but I hope the new body style looks horrible so I don't have to make that decision on my own
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by umizoomi View Post
As long as 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Instagram @kern417
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 07:34 AM   #1906
Avex
Second Lieutenant
Australia
41
Rep
215
Posts

Drives: F22 M235i AW
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Perth, WA

iTrader: (0)

maybe i'm reading this wrong, but if EOP for the 2er is 10/21 with no foreseeable new models in that series until the next leak/announcement, does that mean one will not be able to procure a brand new f22 past 2021?

*Also applies to the 4er if i'm painting this picture correctly.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 03:39 PM   #1907
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
6486
Rep
18,957
Posts

Drives: No BMW for now
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avex View Post
maybe i'm reading this wrong, but if EOP for the 2er is 10/21 with no foreseeable new models in that series until the next leak/announcement, does that mean one will not be able to procure a brand new f22 past 2021?

*Also applies to the 4er if i'm painting this picture correctly.
The OP contains information that can be verified via leaks. Not all known future BMW information falls into that category.

That said, there is mention of the next 2 Series in the OP if you read the updates in the latter half of the post. That is, the next 2 Series model codes are G42/G43. While the next 4 Series may not be mentioned specifically, it is known that the next 4 Series is the G22/G23/G26.

Also, except in special circumstances which would usually be noted in the OP or be common knowledge, the next generation of a model will start production when the current generation ends. So, unless something changes over the next few years, the next 2 Series coupe will start 11/21 and the the next 4 Series coupe will start 7/2020.

Edit: And I see ynguldyn added this today too:

Quote:
G42 (the next 2er Coupe) will start production in mid-2021 and will possibly be made primarily or entirely in Mexico.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 11:11 AM   #1908
StuOne19
Private First Class
11
Rep
104
Posts

Drives: 2015 SGM X3 xDrive35i
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

looks like the G20 330e will "generate up to 215 kW (288 HP) for short bursts. Otherwise, the car can develop up to 185 kW (248 HP)" and "will come with about 30 percent more electric range, BMW claiming it can cover 60 kilometers (37 miles) without emissions."

I may be one of the few, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing that setup in the X3 update.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 12:58 PM   #1909
Weiman
Second Lieutenant
Weiman's Avatar
Sweden
146
Rep
291
Posts

Drives: BMW 116i M-Sport -14
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vucko View Post
there are missing collected infos of 1 and 2 series release dates, and engine, and its hard to believe that there are no infos, especially when the new 1series is around corner, same days as 3series, a month or 2 before/after
It will be more than a month or two I'm afraid. EOP for F20 is 06/19 so the successor (F40) should be introduced next summer.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 10:55 AM   #1910
Miko M
///M
Miko M's Avatar
United_States
6333
Rep
3,680
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Wisconsin

iTrader: (0)

I have 2018 M240xi and I will drop it for new M3AWD
__________________
Life is too short...enjoy your life
///M
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 11:30 AM   #1911
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
7852
Rep
11,814
Posts

Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Also, except in special circumstances which would usually be noted in the OP or be common knowledge, the next generation of a model will start production when the current generation ends. So, unless something changes over the next few years, the next 2 Series coupe will start 11/21 and the the next 4 Series coupe will start 7/2020.

Edit: And I see ynguldyn added this today too:

Quote:
G42 (the next 2er Coupe) will start production in mid-2021 and will possibly be made primarily or entirely in Mexico.
It seems in this instance that there is the potential for overlapping production due to different locations, particularly if G42/43 production ramps up slowly and/or initially services Mexico or other locations while F22/F97 production continues until 10/21 in Leipzig .. ?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 11:49 AM   #1912
Blubaron79
Brigadier General
Blubaron79's Avatar
United_States
1122
Rep
4,408
Posts

Drives: '18 340 XDrive
Join Date: May 2009
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

G42 fwd or rwd?
__________________
'18 340 xDrive: Glacier Silver, MSport, 19's, every option (except ACC and DAP), MPPSK, black grille, splitter, side sills, CF Spoiler, clear bra.
Previous: '15 335 F30 xDrive; '14 435 F32 xDrive; '09 335 E92 xDrive
Appreciate 1
      11-06-2018, 12:20 PM   #1913
dmboone25
Lieutenant General
dmboone25's Avatar
United_States
4591
Rep
10,038
Posts

Drives: 2020 JCW/2016 981 BGTS
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
It seems in this instance that there is the potential for overlapping production due to different locations, particularly if G42/43 production ramps up slowly and/or initially services Mexico or other locations while F22/F97 production continues until 10/21 in Leipzig .. ?
I wonder if the next generation M2 will also be made in Mexico....
__________________
Past rides: 2015 981 CS, 2014 F22 235, 2011 E82 135, 2008 E82 135, 2007 E92 328, 2007 E92 328 (My lady drives an OG M2. So does my dad)
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 12:40 PM   #1914
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
7852
Rep
11,814
Posts

Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
It seems in this instance that there is the potential for overlapping production due to different locations, particularly if G42/43 production ramps up slowly and/or initially services Mexico or other locations while F22/F97 production continues until 10/21 in Leipzig .. ?
I wonder if the next generation M2 will also be made in Mexico....
I wonder if there will be a next generation M2...


The E82 1M borrowed heavily from the E9x M3

The F87 M2 was developed with F80 M3 and F82 M4.

The G42/43 ... ?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 PM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST