Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Combat-injured veterans go racing!

01-06-2014, 07:13 PM   #1
MFGJR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Combat-injured veterans go racing!

I haven’t been around the forum much since I sold the M, but I thought some of you might be interested in a program, High Performance Heroes (“HPH”) that puts combat-injured vets into vintage sports car racing. HPH has been funded largely through the efforts of its founder (a buddy of mine) and contributions from a group of generous individuals. Now, courtesy of the awesome folks at Champion, HPH has an opportunity to secure some sponsorship money via the 2014 “Search for a Champion” contest. Scoring that sponsorship, however, depends on your help as we’re competing with 390 other applicants. PLEASE go to http://www.alwaysachampion.com/searc.../entry/1567666, register to vote, and then VOTE and VOTE OFTEN! You can vote once daily per registered email address.

Liam Dwyer, SSGT USMC, is the program's first driver, and he's already scored a win at this year's Pittsburgh Vintage grand Prix, and separately a class win in last year's One Lap of America. High Performance Heroes is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, and you can learn about the program from the video on the Champion site, or at www.hpheroes.org, or you can find us on Facebook. Thanks for your help!

(My apologies if this post crosses a line--Mods, please delete if it does.)
      01-06-2014, 08:45 PM   #2
BavarianN54
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i

Good stuff. I love to see this for our Troops. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 08:53 PM   #3
majin ssj eric
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan

This is a fantastic idea! Anything that brings joy to those guys who have sacrificed so much for our liberty!
Appreciate 0