Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin Vehicle check service notification help

11-13-2023, 11:06 PM   #1
VICG20M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport

Just got an oil change at the dealership my car has 39,xxx miles on my 21’ 330i. I declined the air filter (have afe filter) declined cabin filter (will get online) and I declined the vehicle check and just went with an oil change. The service advisor said there will be a notification pop up since I didn’t do that vehicle check service. For everything it was going to be $650, oil change alone was $200.

I was wondering is there any way of me clearing this notification or am I stuck with it? Will it prompt everytime I get in the car?

Thank you for any help/advice
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2023, 09:11 PM   #2
spicyB48
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i

You can reset the vehicle check interval with a scan tool if you want. The vehicle check is just a comprehensive inspection.
      11-14-2023, 09:33 PM   #3
VICG20M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerito View Post
You can reset the vehicle check interval with a scan tool if you want. The vehicle check is just a comprehensive inspection.
I am not too familiar with how to go about this, do you mean going to an auto zone and using the scanner they have or buying something online? I figured it was just a check not sure why they wanted so much money for it.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2023, 10:23 PM   #4
spicyB48
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICG20M View Post
I am not too familiar with how to go about this, do you mean going to an auto zone and using the scanner they have or buying something online? I figured it was just a check not sure why they wanted so much money for it.
Nope, it involves going underneath the car and physically checking the chassis, drivetrain, and steering components.
      11-15-2023, 12:59 AM   #5
VICG20M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerito View Post
Nope, it involves going underneath the car and physically checking the chassis, drivetrain, and steering components.
I understand the inspection aspect, how would I go about clearing the notification that comes up? Go to a auto zone/oriellys etc to clear it with they’re obd scanner?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 11:03 AM   #6
Delighted_Jester
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

You can clear it in the diagnostic menu. You enter the menu by tapping the start button 3 times quickly. I cleared mine after actually carrying out the inspection myself...my local dealer just parks my car and lies about performing services. Very quick to recommemd stuff w/o even looking at the car though.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2023, 12:44 AM   #7
VICG20M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delighted_Jester View Post
You can clear it in the diagnostic menu. You enter the menu by tapping the start button 3 times quickly. I cleared mine after actually carrying out the inspection myself...my local dealer just parks my car and lies about performing services. Very quick to recommemd stuff w/o even looking at the car though.
Thank you I will try this tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2023, 07:12 PM   #8
VICG20M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I got into diagnostic mode but couldn’t figure out anywhere else from there, any insight on how to clear it?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2023, 07:46 AM   #9
Delighted_Jester
Private
Rep

Quote:
I got into diagnostic mode but couldn’t figure out anywhere else from there, any insight on how to clear it?
https://youtu.be/_vX3Oz2o1CM?si=QUsf7BvCR7lcav15
Sorry for the poor quality, i just uploaded it sitting in my car real quick. Let me know if this helps.
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2023, 11:57 AM   #10
VICG20M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
https://youtu.be/_vX3Oz2o1CM?si=QUsf7BvCR7lcav15
Sorry for the poor quality, i just uploaded it sitting in my car real quick. Let me know if this helps.
I got this far but can’t figure out how to reset I pressed and held the BC button and this came up but couldn’t figure out selections from there
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2023, 12:47 PM   #11
lnlyssg
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i

I believe you need to press and hold the BC button on the item you need to reset
Appreciate 2
      11-20-2023, 01:20 PM   #12
Delighted_Jester
Private
Rep

The above poster is correct. You need to hold the BC button and itll ask if you want to reset. I would have did that in the video but thought it was kinda SE. Lordy moses. Lol
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2023, 06:21 PM   #13
VICG20M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnlyssg View Post
I believe you need to press and hold the BC button on the item you need to reset
Thank you I had tried but I didn’t hold it long enough
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2023, 06:22 PM   #14
VICG20M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
The above poster is correct. You need to hold the BC button and itll ask if you want to reset. I would have did that in the video but thought it was kinda SE. Lordy moses. Lol
I’m new to this. I held it and clicked through and didn’t do anything I didn’t know I had to keep holding it. Thanks for your help I was able to reset it now.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2023, 08:35 PM   #15
Delighted_Jester
Private
Rep

Quote:
I’m new to this. I held it and clicked through and didn’t do anything I didn’t know I had to keep holding it. Thanks for your help I was able to reset it now.
I understand. Sorry if i came off moody. Just so you know in the future, like in my video, if you are within a certain mileage of resetting a service, it says reset impossible. I change my oil every 5k and it lets me do it so im not sure what the threshold is.
Appreciate 0