Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Tint for my '21 M340ix (aka Stormtrooper)

04-30-2021, 02:28 PM   #67
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Realized I hadn't posted many pics of the front (w/o plate)

I see the topic of brake caliper color on occasion and I too had to think about which I wanted, blue or red. Since I've had cars with red calipers I wanted to go with blue. I think it matches well with the black wheels and white paint, not to mention blue stitched black leather seats and the Roundel! There is no bad choice though, both look great.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 02:49 PM   #68
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Realized I hadn't posted many pics of the front (w/o plate)

I see the topic of brake caliper color on occasion and I too had to think about which I wanted, blue or red. Since I've had cars with red calipers I wanted to go with blue. I think it matches well with the black wheels and white paint, not to mention blue stitched black leather seats and the Roundel! There is no bad choice though, both look great.
Looks great!

Is that mineral white metallic?

Mine is alpine white.

Jet black is my color of choice, until this car. The white color allows the G20 black and aluminum trim pieces to stand out.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12796.50
      04-30-2021, 02:58 PM   #69
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianride View Post
Looks great!

Is that mineral white metallic?

Mine is alpine white.

Jet black is my color of choice, until this car. The white color allows the G20 black and aluminum trim pieces to stand out.
Thank you! Yes, it's Mineral White. Some say that darker colors like black bring out the contours of a car more, but with a metallic white, I think it shows the lines really well, not to mention it adds an element of sparkle. As you can see I chose to go for more black pieces which is part of the extended shadowline trim and a few other goodies.

The G20 is a good looking car regardless of color!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 03:58 PM   #70
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thank you! Yes, it's Mineral White. Some say that darker colors like black bring out the contours of a car more, but with a metallic white, I think it shows the lines really well, not to mention it adds an element of sparkle. As you can see I chose to go for more black pieces which is part of the extended shadowline trim and a few other goodies.

So M340i has fog light, correct? Does it come on in R?

Mine 330i non-M has some lights coming on in R, but there is no fog light. Maybe there is extra bulb in the headlight assembly that is lit in R.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 04:00 PM   #71
Blubaron79
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Quote:

So M340i has fog light, correct? Does it come on in R?

Mine 330i non-M has some lights coming on in R, but there is no fog light. Maybe there is extra bulb in the headlight assembly that is lit in R.
No fog lights. At least here in the states.

Previous: '18 340i xDrive; '15 335 xDrive; '14 435i xDrive; '09 335 E92 xDrive
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 04:08 PM   #72
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

^ Correct. I hadn't even thought about it actually. I like the cleaner look up front w/o them.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 04:25 PM   #73
MattEcho
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340xi

Quote:
re: caliper colors and ZTK...did your build sheet have a specific line item for the blue ones? I just placed an order and it doesn't spell out the blue calipers, but I think they're default with the pkg, so I didn't think anything of it. But now I am, lol.

Also, I almost went with MW because of your thread...so striking. Blue has always been my color though, so it won the day.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 05:10 PM   #74
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEcho View Post
Quote:
re: caliper colors and ZTK...did your build sheet have a specific line item for the blue ones? I just placed an order and it doesn't spell out the blue calipers, but I think they're default with the pkg, so I didn't think anything of it. But now I am, lol.

Also, I almost went with MW because of your thread...so striking. Blue has always been my color though, so it won the day.
Don't be surprised if your car comes with no calipers at all!
Appreciate 1
      04-30-2021, 05:15 PM   #75
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:

Good question to raise and the answer is no. It didn't give me an option or a line item to choose from, so I think the default is probably blue. That was my color of choice anyway so I didn't investigate it too deeply but I think you can opt for red if you want it, not 100% sure though. Someone around here probably knows for sure.

Hey I'm glad that at least my thread gave you pause before you opted for blue eventually, lol. BTW, when you say you're doing blue, does that mean Portimao or Tanzanite?

Either way it'll look nice as well, they ALL do. Having said that, I love these huge blue calipers with the black wheels, one of my favorite points.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-30-2021, 05:19 PM   #76
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Good question to raise and the answer is no. It didn't give me an optiEither way it'll look nice as well, they ALL do. Having said that, I love these huge blue calipers with the black wheels, one of my favorite points.
Wow those are mean looking caliper!

Have u waxed the wheel? Mine is base orbit grey painted rims, and I am clueless how to take care of them.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 05:20 PM   #77
MattEcho
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340xi

Quote:
Hey I'm glad that at least my thread gave you pause before you opted for blue eventually, lol. BTW, when you say you're doing blue, does that mean Portimao or Tanzanite?
Port Blue. I was dead set on Tanzanite, but the lack of dealer allocations for a non NA build made it difficult. Plus I was convinced that it would be more work to maintain than a lighter blue...so PB it was.
Placed my order this morning and now I wait...
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 05:21 PM   #78
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Port Blue.
My default paint is jet black, the current one is alpine one, but all these metallic paints look so good on G20.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 05:26 PM   #79
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Wow those are mean looking caliper!

Have u waxed the wheel? Mine is base orbit grey painted rims, and I am clueless how to take care of them.
No, I haven't waxed them. They were shiny like this since I picked up my car. However, I have to wipe them down every now and then to remove the light dust buildup otherwise they lose that shine. I'm not using any cleaner to do that, just a rag which I'm really glad about. I have had/have other gunmetal gray wheels that are a real bitch to clean. These have been pleasantly easy so far.

I think there is a separate forum around here that discusses wheels and cleaning exclusively though I haven't checked it myself. There is a ton of experience and knowledge around these forums to take advantage of.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 05:28 PM   #80
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Port Blue. I was dead set on Tanzanite, but the lack of dealer allocations for a non NA build made it difficult. Plus I was convinced that it would be more work to maintain than a lighter blue...so PB it was.
Placed my order this morning and now I wait...
Yeah, I totally get it. You'll be able to receive your car much sooner as a result I think. You're right, Tanzanite would not be an easy color to maintain, nor any dark color for that matter. I don't think I'll ever buy another black car again!

I'm glad to hear you finally decided on everything. I know you've been poking around here for a while trying to get ideas. Yes, now the hard part. The WAIT. Good luck!
Appreciate 1