Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Strange Noise When Using Auto Hold

01-11-2020, 10:35 AM   #1
Burnzie’s BM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e 2019

Strange Noise When Using Auto Hold

For the first time I’ve drove in full electric mode for a full day and the last part of my journey with no music on just to see how quiet the car really is.

In traffic with Auto Hold on when coming to a stop and then taking my foot off the brake quickly due to stop start traffic I’m getting a faint 4 to 5 thudding sound.

If when stopping I keep my foot on the break slightly longer and then take it off it doesn’t do it.

As it’s the first time driving in silence, is this normal as I can’t say I’ve heard it before.

Strangely, with Auto Hold off it doesn’t make the noise.

Anyone else got or noticed this?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 03:31 PM   #2
JohnBarny
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 420d + G21 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnzie’s BM View Post
For the first time I’ve drove in full electric mode for a full day and the last part of my journey with no music on just to see how quiet the car really is.

In traffic with Auto Hold on when coming to a stop and then taking my foot off the brake quickly due to stop start traffic I’m getting a faint 4 to 5 thudding sound.

If when stopping I keep my foot on the break slightly longer and then take it off it doesn’t do it.

As it’s the first time driving in silence, is this normal as I can’t say I’ve heard it before.

It sounds like the fault I have on my car its intermittent for me appears for a few hours then disappears for a few days, it started quite then got louder and louder. BMW came out to have a look.

This is the report:

Confirmed noise from brake peddle. Checked at peddle but all ok, checked under bonnet and found noise from inside brake booster needs dealer for repair but all brakes working fine. Advised customer is fine to continue to drive as no fault with car, customer happy to book into dealer for noise at Stratstone BMW Leeds.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 04:01 PM   #3
Burnzie’s BM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBarny View Post
It sounds like the fault I have on my car its intermittent for me appears for a few hours then disappears for a few days, it started quite then got louder and louder. BMW came out to have a look.

This is the report:

Confirmed noise from brake peddle. Checked at peddle but all ok, checked under bonnet and found noise from inside brake booster needs dealer for repair but all brakes working fine. Advised customer is fine to continue to drive as no fault with car, customer happy to book into dealer for noise at Stratstone BMW Leeds.
Thanks for the response, I might call in to my local BMW service centre in the morning for them to check over.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 05:41 PM   #4
nghiabt@gmail.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 520i

Hi, I got the same issue but when I brought the car to dealers they could not replicate so they said everything is normal. So what did dealer said what is wrong with your car?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 09:15 AM   #5
SakaUK
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnzie’s BM View Post

Hi there,
Do you have any updates on this issue, I have exactly the same thing and i hear about 5 to 6 knocks when i release my foot from the brake paddle and AutoHold in on?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 03:41 AM   #6
Burnzie’s BM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Mine went in for it to be looked at and the garage found no fault, miraculously from then it didn’t do it any more………. 🤔

Clever things these BMW’s
Appreciate 0