Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Future BMW model information (Response Archive)

Closed Thread

08-29-2017, 10:22 AM   #1255
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by matbl View Post
On friday? What happens on friday?
Mardigras.
POTD
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 10:42 AM   #1256
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

All I want to know at this point is when the G20 M340i is coming and if it will come with a Manual Transmission option for Americans? I just want to drive a modern, smooth and analog BMW again.

Appreciate 1
      08-29-2017, 11:21 AM   #1257
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
All I want to know at this point is when the G20 M340i is coming and if it will come with a Manual Transmission option for Americans? I just want to drive a modern, smooth and analog BMW again.
There is no such thing anymore
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 01:12 PM   #1258
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
I personally hate the clutch in my 340i and every time I drive a manual F80 M3, it just makes me hate my car's clutch pedal feel so much more. I've looked into removing the CDV like we could do in the past but it doesn't seem to be possible anymore, there's no visible delay valve anywhere that I can see or find in the parts diagrams.

Aside from the annoyingly light and delayed clutch pedal, the rest of the experience of driving a manual 340i is pretty sweet and I wouldn't mind holding onto mine for a while.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 03:48 PM   #1259
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
It will probably just continue with the N55 until the end of the run. The Z4 continued to use the N54 for years after it had been replaced by the N55 in the rest of the lineup for similar reasons.
They can run the N55 until Sept 2019. All cars produced after must meet Euro 6C emissions (the standard goes into effect on 9/18 but you're allowed one year to get existing models into compliance). Even if the regular 2er continues to 2021, I'm betting the regular M2 will most likely be done in 2019. No point in switching to a new motor for a year or so. Especially since they seem to be co-developing the M cars with the regular ones for release at the same time (or near) now.
Reading the adopted version issued late last month, the timeline was accelerated with the one year transition starting this week and full compliance on all non-exempted new vehicle deliveries (not just new type certs) no later than 1 Sept 2018.

US/CAN Tier III is even more significant.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 04:24 PM   #1260
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
I am afraid there has bee been a decline that there are so few individuals who are Analog in a Digital World.
      08-29-2017, 09:56 PM   #1261
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Irrespective of the LCI (and model years, which are really a US/Canada thing), the normal product cycle is seven years. And since the F22 started in 2014, it makes sense that it will go until 2021.

Interesting point. It would seem to be a lost opportunity for the M2 to end in 2019 when it could otherwise go until 2021. Unless they end up cutting the F22 run short and releasing the G42 early, perhaps the M2 will actually switch to a B58. As ynguldyn reports, the B58B30O1 will be here by then, and its output will no doubt eclipse that of the N55B30T0 in the M2 today since the B58B30M0 in the new X3 M40i is only about 10hp shy right now
According to this post by ynguldyn,there won't be any changes to the regular M2 when the M2 CS is released next year as a 2019 model year car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post

ynguldyn Just to confirm,does your info show that the regular M2 will also change to the MY19 model year,when the M2 CS is released in March.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
No, it just went through LCI, and that's what will be produced until F87 EOP.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 10:41 PM   #1262
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
According to this post by ynguldyn,there won't be any changes to the regular M2 when the M2 CS is released next year as a 2019 model year car.
The changes I was speculating about would happen in 2019 for MY2020. Though according to lemetier's post above, the deadline may have been moved up which would necessitate an earlier end for the N55. So who knows. At this point it's guesswork on top of unknowns. We'll see what (if any) info leaks out over the next year.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 11:21 PM   #1263
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
The changes I was speculating about would happen in 2019 for MY2020. Though according to lemetier's post above, the deadline may have been moved up which would necessitate an earlier end for the N55. So who knows. At this point it's guesswork on top of unknowns. We'll see what (if any) info leaks out over the next year.
Here's the new (27.07.2017) full version for EU WLTP/RDE (it's over 600 pages):

http://publications.europa.eu/resour....0006.01/DOC_1

OBD Data, the use of word delivery, and other sections referencing EU manufactured vehicles are worth the long read alone.

There is also US/CAN LEV Tier III (should be read by anyone calling themselves and enthusiast), CN6 and Japan as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2017, 01:18 AM   #1264
FC05
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring Z3M Coupe

BMW should consider to reschedule their product offerings, I mean all variants of the same series shouldn't be introduced that far apart, 3ser and 4ser to me should be out at the same time or no later than 3 months apart, I mean who's buying a F92 4ser coupe when G20 3 sedans are out? the same goes to M cars and regular series
      08-30-2017, 01:21 AM   #1265
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post

OBD Data, the use of word delivery, and other sections referencing EU manufactured vehicles are worth the long read alone.

There is also US/CAN LEV Tier III (should be read by anyone calling themselves and enthusiast), CN6 and Japan as well.
And there was me thinking that I was a hardcore geek...
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2017, 01:45 AM   #1266
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

And there was me thinking that I was a hardcore geek...
Haha

That would imply I do it for fun.

BTW, I've seen references for F91-96 that are slightly different than the updates in #1.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2017, 01:52 AM   #1267
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Quote:
Haha

BTW, I've seen references for F91-96 that are slightly different than the updates in #1.
I can think of worse things to be paid for.

And I hope I'll have better quality news about the remaining F9x in the next few months.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2017, 02:06 AM   #1268
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Haha

I can think of worse things to be paid for.

And I hope I'll have better quality news about the remaining F9x in the next few months.
That would imply I'm being compensated

I sold my interest and management seat recently and some indebted parties are past due by months. After everything that's occurred since January the perfect storm to actually do the major industry operational structure revamp is a solid Cat II right now so that's where my head is. Unfortunately that does mean it's in everything.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2017, 08:23 AM   #1269
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC05 View Post
BMW should consider to reschedule their product offerings, I mean all variants of the same series shouldn't be introduced that far apart, 3ser and 4ser to me should be out at the same time or no later than 3 months apart, I mean who's buying a F92 4ser coupe when G20 3 sedans are out? the same goes to M cars and regular series
Launching everything closely together increases risks and costs. Furthermore, resources are limited - only so much can be done at any one time. If you are going that far, why not take it a step further and suggest that BMW should refresh the whole product lineup (or at least the whole passenger car or SAV lineup) together so nothing ever looks stale? The line must be drawn somewhere.

Although the sedans and coupes typically share many parts, they are still different enough to be different products. Notice that they do typically space the sedan and wagon variants closely. Same thing for the coupe and convertible. A balance is stricken and it has worked for them. Notice also, that the competition does the very same thing. If you are spending more money than your competition without noticeable revenue increase, you are losing. So, they do it this way because they don't want to lose.
Appreciate 1
FC05206.50
      08-30-2017, 08:54 AM   #1270
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
There's a little snippet about it in a Rolls Royce document.
On the B58, there's an answer.
F30 LCI - EU6
G11/30 - EU6c
G01 - EU6d
All are the same base engine variant with a supplementary addendum specific to the type installation. This changes even more on Friday.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Mardigras.
Name:  Friday.jpg
Views: 10369
Size:  103.5 KB
      08-30-2017, 09:26 AM   #1271
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I am afraid there has bee been a decline that there are so few individuals who are Analog in a Digital World.
I think my very first BMW may have also been my very best. I still remember those days back in 2005 when I was the first guy in the entire State to receive my brand new 2006 BMW 330i with the Manual Transmission and with the Sports Package and Monaco Blue paint ordered Individual. I'm not sure I've owned a BMW with more purity than that BMW. I want that experience again from a regular BMW and not an ///M car. DCT's and SMG's aside, I'll always be an Analog guy. I had to terminate my lease on my 428i Gran Coupe early because I couldn't stand the ZF8 in it, although it was very good, the experience was just lacking, so much so that I stopped driving it. Here's to hoping that the new M340i will come with a 6MT!

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2017, 09:39 AM   #1272
FC05
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring Z3M Coupe

Quote:
Quote:
Launching everything closely together increases risks and costs. Furthermore, resources are limited - only so much can be done at any one time. If you are going that far, why not take it a step further and suggest that BMW should refresh the whole product lineup (or at least the whole passenger car or SAV lineup) together so nothing ever looks stale? The line must be drawn somewhere.

Although the sedans and coupes typically share many parts, they are still different enough to be different products. Notice that they do typically space the sedan and wagon variants closely. Same thing for the coupe and convertible. A balance is stricken and it has worked for them. Notice also, that the competition does the very same thing. If you are spending more money than your competition without noticeable revenue increase, you are losing. So, they do it this way because they don't want to lose.
Yeah, I get what you mean here.
I wasn't ask to launch all their product line ups at the same time, every segments have their very own life cycles. Only I asked to introduce variants of the same series the same time or maybe closely enough.
I see Audi often debuts their A4 sedan along with its avant and S4 variants, while RS4 follows right after.
Anyway, I understand assembly lines and resources and things need to be organized sort of stuff.Respect.
      08-30-2017, 11:26 AM   #1273
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I get what you mean here.

Quote:
I see Audi often debuts their A4 sedan along with its avant and S4 variants, while RS4 follows right after.
Just want to note here that BMW's new S4 competitor is the M340i, and as in the past with the 335i, it will be launched at the very outset of the new model's release. That is actually more aggressive than the B9 release timing since the S4 actually came a few months after the A4. And as for the B9 RS4 (which will again be Avant only), well, it has yet to arrive.

The A5/S5, on the other hand, trailed the A4/S4 by over a year, just as the 4 Series does the 3 Series. And they have only recently launched the RS5. There is an RS5 Sportback coming too, but it won't arrive for a few more months (and won't be on the market for over a year).

So like I said, BMW's competitors do the same thing.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2017, 01:55 PM   #1274
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Just want to note here that BMW's new S4 competitor is the M340i, and as in the past with the 335i, it will be launched at the very outset of the new model's release. That is actually more aggressive than the B9 release timing since the S4 actually came a few months after the A4. And as for the B9 RS4 (which will again be Avant only), well, it has yet to arrive.

The A5/S5, on the other hand, trailed the A4/S4 by over a year, just as the 4 Series does the 3 Series. And they have only recently launched the RS5. There is an RS5 Sportback coming too, but it won't arrive for a few more months (and won't be on the market for over a year).

So like I said, BMW's competitors do the same thing.
I can't wait to see the new RS5 Sportback! Even though it has an Auto Transmission, it'll be such a unique vehicle. It is definitely on my radar!

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2017, 03:32 AM   #1275
clbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 320d M135i

I don't see a 335d or 340d on the 2019 list :
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2017, 08:14 AM   #1276
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbmw View Post
I don't see a 335d or 340d on the 2019 list :
It's a US-only model list. There will be a 340d in Europe and elsewhere.
Appreciate 1
clbmw631.00
Closed Thread