Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge !!! 2016 Nfl Season Thread !!!

01-16-2017, 10:18 AM   #2201
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmwjunkiee View Post
Hate when players do this, especially after they drop balls / play shitty and get an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty

https://www.yahoo.com/news/travis-ke...145414518.html

And yes, I hated when Brady got up crying to the ref on saturday about a legal hit. But at least when the patriots talk to the press they blame nobody but themselves if they have a terrible game
isn't this the same turd burglar that has that reality show where he needs help finding a date?

so let me get this straight: you're a good looking pro football player and poor litte you needs a TV show to get a date, and now your team lost and you're blaming the refs.

what a whiny POS. Fuck you Travis Kelce.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 10:23 AM   #2202
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmwjunkiee View Post
Hate when players do this, especially after they drop balls / play shitty and get an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty

https://www.yahoo.com/news/travis-ke...145414518.html

And yes, I hated when Brady got up crying to the ref on saturday about a legal hit. But at least when the patriots talk to the press they blame nobody but themselves if they have a terrible game
isn't this the same turd burglar that has that reality show where he needs help finding a date?

so let me get this straight: you're a good looking pro football player and poor litte you needs a TV show to get a date, and now your team lost and you're blaming the refs.

With crying like that, you'd think he'd be a cowboys fan
      01-16-2017, 10:24 AM   #2203
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post

He has always hated the refs. Hes the guy that got fined for this,

and kicked out for this,

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 10:40 AM   #2204
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
SB ticket prices are SUFFERING after Cowboys loss
With that headline, you should be writing for Yahoo News

Prices on Stubhub were pumped up before the game with Green Bay because Cowboy fans were paying high prices in anticipation of the Cowboys actually playing in the Super Bowl in Houston. When the Cowboys lost to Green Bay, it temporarily took the heat off pricing. Anytime the Super Bowl is being played within driving distance of a team that's in the playoffs there will be a bit of a surge in pricing.

Bottom line: The Super Bowl will not suffer financially if the Cowboys are not in it. The last 20 years results tells us that.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 10:54 AM   #2205
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Stop it with that nonsense, look at last years nfl thread if you need a source of reference. We can't stop talking (actually it's more like making fun) of the cowboys because of all the bloviating and self coronation we had to put up with all year.

Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL/ just like in life. Look at last years Panthers who actually made it to the SB.
Its ok, the obsession has already been noted
      01-16-2017, 11:04 AM   #2206
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Rob Ryan is interviewing for Redskins defensive coordinator. Please for the love of pete ANYONE but that guy. I have no idea how the Ryan brothers keep getting jobs in the NFL.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 11:04 AM   #2207
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Like to generalize and stereotype much?
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 11:09 AM   #2208
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Quote:
No sense of humor much?

Football talk only- nothing (should) be taken personally here
      01-16-2017, 11:13 AM   #2209
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Quote:
No sense of humor much?

Football talk only- nothing (should) be taken personally here
Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 1
F30lolz6798.50
      01-16-2017, 11:14 AM   #2210
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
With that headline, you should be writing for Yahoo News

Prices on Stubhub were pumped up before the game with Green Bay because Cowboy fans were paying high prices in anticipation of the Cowboys actually playing in the Super Bowl in Houston. When the Cowboys lost to Green Bay, it temporarily took the heat off pricing. Anytime the Super Bowl is being played within driving distance of a team that's in the playoffs there will be a bit of a surge in pricing.

Bottom line: The Super Bowl will not suffer financially if the Cowboys are not in it. The last 20 years results tells us that.
Prices werent much higher before the game than they were before last years divisional round. Maybe only 100-200 more this year.

Prices did take a tumble though after the game to below what they were this time last year. Probably more to do with the fact that everyone knows the Pats will win it all so why bother going.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 11:23 AM   #2211
thebmwjunkiee
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 535d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post

Yup. Green Bay defense was looking a bit shaky, hoping Brady can pick them apart. Although if we play anything like we did saturday, it may be a close game

2016 535d M Sport, Space Gray/Mocha
Past: '14 328, '08 335, '04 525, '91 M5, '95 525
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 12:44 PM   #2212
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Stop it with that nonsense, look at last years nfl thread if you need a source of reference. We can't stop talking (actually it's more like making fun) of the cowboys because of all the bloviating and self coronation we had to put up with all year.

Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL/ just like in life. Look at last years Panthers who actually made it to the SB.
Its true; the fans are out in 1995 force but stats just don't favor their dynasty, best QB ever to play the game , best running back ever to play the game, future is guaranteed for years to come...claims.

Firstly Dak did not even out perform RG3's rookie season or even come close to it. and look at his subsequent career. One good season vs very poor opponents is very small sample for future projections.

Cap $ going to the oline next year is astronomical and Martin still needs to be signed. Romo's contract makes dealing him very difficult.

The defense is not good nor young nor is there money to make it any better. Yes, their numbers on D were good but their schedule was absolutely abysmal.

The 3 biggest games of the year, Giants, Giants and Packers in the playoffs all resulted in losses.

These are some of the reasons for the backlash from non Dallas fans not excepting the prophecies and self coronation of Dallas nation, certainly not "hate". No one is going to hate a team that hasn't even had a sniff of the Superbowl in 21 years. The Giants have been to 3 and won 2 since then. Were just discussing facts in rebuttal to the overload of ridiculous Cowboy obnoxious fandom of the past several weeks.

These guys had to expect we would get fed up at some point no?
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2017, 01:04 PM   #2213
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
Its true; the fans are out in 1995 force but stats just don't favor their dynasty, best QB ever to play the game , best running back ever to play the game, future is guaranteed for years to come...claims.

Firstly Dak did not even out perform RG3's rookie season or even come close to it. and look at his subsequent career. One good season vs very poor opponents is very small sample for future projections.

Cap $ going to the oline next year is astronomical and Martin still needs to be signed. Romo's contract makes dealing him very difficult.

The defense is not good nor young nor is there money to make it any better. Yes, their numbers on D were good but their schedule was absolutely abysmal.

The 3 biggest games of the year, Giants, Giants and Packers in the playoffs all resulted in losses.

These are some of the reasons for the backlash from non Dallas fans not excepting the prophecies and self coronation of Dallas nation, certainly not "hate". No one is going to hate a team that hasn't even had a sniff of the Superbowl in 21 years. The Giants have been to 3 and won 2 since then. Were just discussing facts in rebuttal to the overload of ridiculous Cowboy obnoxious fandom of the past several weeks.

These guys had to expect we would get fed up at some point no?
Um... Dak prescott did much better stats wise vs RG3...
- Dak 3,667 passing 23 tds 4ints (3949 total yards 29tds 4ints 3 fumbles)
- RG3 3,200 passing 20tds 5ints (4015 total yards 27 tds 5ints 9fumbles)

And compared to RG3, Dak did the majority from the pocket, where RG3 was crap in the pocket. Any comparison between the 2 is only because they had the best stats of their rookie class. Dak > RG3 in their rookie seasons and anyone with any football knowledge knows that. Dak did well against some of the top defenses, despite what their win/loss record was, and performed as well as anyone in the brightest of stages (300yds 3tds 1int vs Rodgers 350 2tds 1int). Outlook is bright for him vs RG3 who fell apart at the end of his rookie season.

I think Romo either takes a pay cut like he has in the past, or hes gone this offseason. That solves some of the cap issues. The resigning of the OLine is important, but it will get done no problem. Next season will be tight if no restructures/cuts are done, but going into 2018 we are projected 40-50mill of space.

I agree the defense is where the majority of the focus needs to be and a solid draft can remedy that. Dont have to go out and spend a ton of money in FA. That never works out. Getting Jaylon Smith next season will be huge (best LB in this draft till his injury) and adding a pass rusher and secondary help will go a long way.

Its ok though; I know you are upset after spending 100mill in FA only to lose the division. Must be tough to know that you guys have the 3rd best qb in the division
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 01:21 PM   #2214
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
Um... Dak prescott did much better stats wise vs RG3...
- Dak 3,667 passing 23 tds 4ints (3949 total yards 29tds 4ints 3 fumbles)
- RG3 3,200 passing 20tds 5ints (4015 total yards 27 tds 5ints 9fumbles)

And compared to RG3, Dak did the majority from the pocket, where RG3 was crap in the pocket. Any comparison between the 2 is only because they had the best stats of their rookie class. Dak > RG3 in their rookie seasons and anyone with any football knowledge knows that. Dak did well against some of the top defenses, despite what their win/loss record was, and performed as well as anyone in the brightest of stages (300yds 3tds 1int vs Rodgers 350 2tds 1int). Outlook is bright for him vs RG3 who fell apart at the end of his rookie season.

I think Romo either takes a pay cut like he has in the past, or hes gone this offseason. That solves some of the cap issues. The resigning of the OLine is important, but it will get done no problem. Next season will be tight if no restructures/cuts are done, but going into 2018 we are projected 40-50mill of space.

I agree the defense is where the majority of the focus needs to be and a solid draft can remedy that. Dont have to go out and spend a ton of money in FA. That never works out. Getting Jaylon Smith next season will be huge (best LB in this draft till his injury) and adding a pass rusher and secondary help will go a long way.

Its ok though; I know you are upset after spending 100mill in FA only to lose the division. Must be tough to know that you guys have the 3rd best qb in the division
Well RG3 also only played in 14 games. Including a few played hurt and wasn't throwing to Dez and Witten. RG3 carried that team unlike Dak. To anyone that knows football, RG3s season was in a different class.

Nope I'm not upset at losing, part of the game but ill take solace in the facts;

Giants beat the Cowboys... twice and had a better record in the division. Now you guys have a lower draft pick, and much less cap space -2mm we have +40mm. You guys can watch the rest of the playoffs home with us since your season was just as successful as the past 21 winless seasons..

We have been to the Superbowl and won it a couple time while you guys haven't even been close in the past 20 years.. tell me why would I be the one thats upset? I was actually rooting for the Cowboys vs Green Bay.

Lastly we don't have the 3rd best QB in the division we have the worst yet he still has two Superbowls so its all good.

Superbowls are all that matter; otherwise your'e just another one of the 31 losers in the league.
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2017, 02:00 PM   #2215
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Well RG3 also only played in 14 games. Including a few played hurt and wasn't throwing to Dez and Witten. RG3 carried that team unlike Dak. To anyone that knows football, RG3s season was in a different class.

Nope I'm not upset at losing, part of the game but ill take solace in the facts;

Giants beat the Cowboys... twice and had a better record in the division. Now you guys have a lower draft pick, and much less cap space -2mm we have +40mm. You guys can watch the rest of the playoffs home with us since your season was just as successful as the past 21 winless seasons..

We have been to the Superbowl and won it a couple time while you guys haven't even been close in the past 20 years.. tell me why would I be the one thats upset? I was actually rooting for the Cowboys vs Green Bay.

Lastly we don't have the 3rd best QB in the division we have the worst yet he still has two Superbowls so its all good.

Superbowls are all that matter; otherwise your'e just another one of the 31 losers in the league.
Wait... I thought all the Cowboys haters say you cant reference the past, yet here you are talking about past SB wins...

RG3 played 15, Dak played 15 and a series. YPG was higher for Dak anyway, so thats a moot point. http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamel...4875/year/2012 http://www.nfl.com/player/dakprescott/2555260/gamelogs

As for who carried that team, I would point more towards their rookie HB rushing for 1600+ yards as something that had a pretty big impact on that team. Or is that another one of those one way arguments you people like to use?

RG3s season proved he was a great athlete, but it also showed he was a poor QB. Daks season proved he was a good QB, and his mechanics are leaps and bounds ahead of RG3s.

But go ahead and keep living in the past with those 2 SB wins...
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13791.00
      01-16-2017, 02:21 PM   #2216
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
Wait... I thought all the Cowboys haters say you cant reference the past, yet here you are talking about past SB wins...

RG3 played 15, Dak played 15 and a series. YPG was higher for Dak anyway, so thats a moot point. http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamel...4875/year/2012 http://www.nfl.com/player/dakprescott/2555260/gamelogs

As for who carried that team, I would point more towards their rookie HB rushing for 1600+ yards as something that had a pretty big impact on that team. Or is that another one of those one way arguments you people like to use?

RG3s season proved he was a great athlete, but it also showed he was a poor QB. Daks season proved he was a good QB, and his mechanics are leaps and bounds ahead of RG3s.

But go ahead and keep living in the past with those 2 SB wins...
No, RG3 played 14 and "a series" and played a few games hurt during the year. Cowboys passed the least in the league and Dak had 70 more pass attempts than RG3 but we'll ignore that I guess.

In reference to Cowboys "haters" lol. Cowboys are not hated, nor are their local fans. It's the out of state Cowboy fans that bring the negative attention, are quiet annoying and never humble.

Don't be too sad though, Yankees spring training is right around the corner. My guess is you're not a Rockies fan?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 02:34 PM   #2217
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
No, RG3 played 14 and "a series" and played a few games hurt during the year. Cowboys passed the least in the league and Dak had 70 more pass attempts than RG3 but we'll ignore that I guess.

In reference to Cowboys "haters" lol. Cowboys are not hated, nor are their local fans. It's the out of state Cowboy fans that bring the negative attention, are quiet annoying and never humble.

Don't be too sad though, Yankees spring training is right around the corner. My guess is you're not a Rockies fan?
Cousins only played in a couple games, 2 attempts, 9 attempts and 37 attempts. Griffin played the majority of 15 games, just like Dak.

Definitely not a Rockies fan. A Rangers fan. Grew up in Dallas. Nice try at an "Out of State Cowboys Fan" dig though. You tried, and for people like you, thats all we can ask for.

Maybe the Yankees can make the postseason this season though. That would be fun
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 02:39 PM   #2218
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Hmmmm so much butthurt i love it
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 02:39 PM   #2219
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Meh, another disappointing year for Dallas. Played exactly the wrong team and took 2 quarters to remember there was a game. Defense was OK in the second half, awful in 1st 20 minutes and it cost them the game.

Everyone is going to point to that last play, but they lost this game when they were down 21-3...just too big of a hole to dig out even though Cowboys outplayed the Packers by a wide margin the rest of the day.

Cowboys wouldn't have beaten Atlanta anyway because Atlanta is a better offense with a better defense than GB. Sure, Rodgers is "hot" but he's always been good and Ryan would carve up a defense with no pass rush too.

Cowboys can't complain about offense much. Other than a slightly slow start, they scored 31 points. Dak, Elliott, and Dez had big games.

Need a pass rusher and another LB. The corners are actually decent, but can't cover FOREVER bc of no pressure with a 4 man front. Pathetic showing from the DL.
Appreciate 1
csu872134.00
      01-16-2017, 03:11 PM   #2220
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Just read an article, pete caroll has no plans to change o line. Thats nice.....

They better fucking fire bevel.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 03:22 PM   #2221
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87
Quote:

Cousins only played in a couple games, 2 attempts, 9 attempts and 37 attempts. Griffin played the majority of 15 games, just like Dak.

Definitely not a Rockies fan. A Rangers fan. Grew up in Dallas. Nice try at an "Out of State Cowboys Fan" dig though. You tried, and for people like you, thats all we can ask for.

Maybe the Yankees can make the postseason this season though. That would be fun
People like me? Relax.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 03:28 PM   #2222
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Just read an article, pete caroll has no plans to change o line. Thats nice.....

They better fucking fire bevel.
Sounds like a great idea... Give Seattle an Oline and a HB that doesnt get hurt every few weeks and Seattle is a force to reckon with again.

Quote:
People like me? Relax.
Appreciate 0