Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Anyone received a new car during lockdown?

05-17-2020, 12:01 PM   #67
Bmwnewbie2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330e MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
Did you contact them to ask what was happening or did they get in contact with you to arrange? I’ve still heard nothing but I’m in no rush for it to go
I contacted them. But I would it off my drive!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 12:16 PM   #68
shakey707
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G22 M440i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakey707 View Post
I was about to take delivery of my 330e M Sport (M Sport +, Premium & HK) in Mineral Grey on 7th April, but lock down happened.
So car is sitting at Partridge BMW, Hampshire.
To add salt to the wound I’m still having to pay company car tax on my outgoing 430i Gran Coupe, about £250 more per month than the 330e, which is gathering dust on my drive.(a first world problem I know in the current climate)
Things are looking up.
Partridge BMW are good to go, Arval are good to go, just have to wait for my HR department to sign off on delivery.
So hopefully delivery should be arranged by the end of the week.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 01:35 PM   #69
Osxboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G21 320d

My employer has confirmed I will be WFH until at earliest late September but probably until the New Year. Lease company not keen to pick up the pool car, I’m hopeful they will as it’s pointless it sitting unused. My 330e due July will probably arrive in December. As always first world problem.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 03:09 PM   #70
Nexstar2011
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i Dravit/Mocca

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexstar2011 View Post
Nothing from my dealer (Park Lane), giving up chasing now. Anyone know from what point MY21 are produced? By the time it turns up I might be better waiting ;-0
My car's also being supplied by Park Lane and I believe it's at Thorne after the scheduled delivery was postponed due to coronavirus. I was half expecting to hear something about a revised delivery date last week but didn't; however, if there's no contact early next week I think I'll get in touch to see what's happening. In my mind I was thinking I should get the car either late May or early June and I'm still hoping that will be the case.

If BMW follow their normal pattern MY21 cars will be produced from September but you'll need a better deal on a new order just to cover the effects of the April price increase and, depending on the model you've ordered, the increase in VED. So I'd say keep the faith - if your new one's already at either Thorne or Southampton you'll almost certainly have it within the next three weeks!
Apparently looking at some time next month - TBD based on logistics restarting and furloughed workers returning to dealer. If you hear anything different then please do share
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 05:07 AM   #71
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
The same for me, it has been there since the start of all this but today the dealer told me they estimate 14 days to get it to me but they do rely on BMW to do their bit
Based on the above I was hoping for the car next week but Partridge of Hampshire are now saying week of 1st June at the earliest. It keeps slipping.
      05-21-2020, 02:55 PM   #72
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Apparently looking at some time next month - TBD based on logistics restarting and furloughed workers returning to dealer. If you hear anything different then please do share
I've now got a revised delivery date of 2nd June - to be honest the best I was hoping for was the last week in May so 2nd June actually feels like a decent result!

I get the impression BMW are going to be making a concerted effort to catch-up on deliveries throughout the course of next month so hopefully you won't have too much longer to wait!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 03:07 PM   #73
Nexstar2011
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i Dravit/Mocca

Quote:
I've now got a revised delivery date of 2nd June - to be honest the best I was hoping for was the last week in May so 2nd June actually feels like a decent result!

I get the impression BMW are going to be making a concerted effort to catch-up on deliveries throughout the course of next month so hopefully you won't have too much longer to wait!
Epic. You must be counting the days! Hoping I'm not too far behind you then :-)
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 04:45 PM   #74
Jezzofdoom
JOD1984
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d F16

Quote:
Quote:

Epic. You must be counting the days! Hoping I'm not too far behind you then :-)
ditto!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 02:25 AM   #75
PeteN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i Touring

I've also now got a new delivery date. I was offered 4th June but couldn't do that so it's coming on the 8th. Original date was 31/3. Hopefully everyone else will get theirs in the next few days.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 07:31 AM   #76
Kleev
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xDrive

I ordered my new 330 mid Feb, literally just before the pandemic kicked off.

My estimated build date was 1st June and delivery to dealer was 22nd June, however that was back in Feb. I've had no update since then in regards to dates being moved.

I am expecting I won't get the car till August now, does that seem realistic?

I notice Lex have on their website that no cars are being delivered, so there will be a huge backlog of cars to be delivered. Although I notice they are still saying no cars are being delivered despite lockdown being eased slightly. Surely they must be delivering by now? Many businesses are back to work.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 05:57 AM   #77
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleev View Post
I ordered my new 330 mid Feb, literally just before the pandemic kicked off.

My estimated build date was 1st June and delivery to dealer was 22nd June, however that was back in Feb. I've had no update since then in regards to dates being moved.

I am expecting I won't get the car till August now, does that seem realistic?

I notice Lex have on their website that no cars are being delivered, so there will be a huge backlog of cars to be delivered. Although I notice they are still saying no cars are being delivered despite lockdown being eased slightly. Surely they must be delivering by now? Many businesses are back to work.
I think delivery by the end of August is probably realistic. I believe they've been back in production in Germany for a couple of weeks and, while I understand they're not at their normal level, I'd guess firm orders like yours will take priority over building cars for stock; they'll obviously have a backlog to get through but even so I'd have thought yours should be built by early August. The only spanner in the works might be if they decide to have their normal summer shutdown but given the closure they've just had I wouldn't have thought they'd close the factory again in July - you never know though!

In terms of deliveries, I get the impression they're trying to make sure they have all the social distancing and Health & Safety angles covered at the distribution centres and hence I think deliveries won't get started properly until week commencing 1st June. Cars that were already at a dealer prior to lockdown might be delivered earlier although even then I get the impression dealers are inviting customers to collect; those insisting on delivery are, I think, often having to wait a little bit longer.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 07:28 AM   #78
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Mine has been confirmed for delivery to me on 1st June. It had been stuck at the port through all of this so it seems cars are moving now.
      05-23-2020, 09:43 AM   #79
Bmwnewbie2
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I think delivery by the end of August is probably realistic. I believe they've been back in production in Germany for a couple of weeks and, while I understand they're not at their normal level, I'd guess firm orders like yours will take priority over building cars for stock; they'll obviously have a backlog to get through but even so I'd have thought yours should be built by early August. The only spanner in the works might be if they decide to have their normal summer shutdown but given the closure they've just had I wouldn't have thought they'd close the factory again in July - you never know though!

In terms of deliveries, I get the impression they're trying to make sure they have all the social distancing and Health & Safety angles covered at the distribution centres and hence I think deliveries won't get started properly until week commencing 1st June. Cars that were already at a dealer prior to lockdown might be delivered earlier although even then I get the impression dealers are inviting customers to collect; those insisting on delivery are, I think, often having to wait a little bit longer.
Mine was due last week (pre lockdown). Next estimate early July but I don’t think the factories are running properly yet. Online Genius told me they hope to be back in production next week. Fingers crossed!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 06:07 AM   #80
shakey707
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G22 M440i Xdrive

Just had the call from Partridge BMW.
Car being delivered next Wednesday 3rd June
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 09:53 AM   #81
Osxboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Has anyone whose car had not entered production prior to lockdown had an update of a delivery estimate? My lease company have no information and the dealer has not yet sent any updates. Are the factories now running again and if so at what % of capacity?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 05:45 AM   #82
Kleev
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osxboy View Post
Has anyone whose car had not entered production prior to lockdown had an update of a delivery estimate? My lease company have no information and the dealer has not yet sent any updates. Are the factories now running again and if so at what % of capacity?
I am in the same boat as you, my car was due to be built 1st June.

I imagine the lack of information is because the dealers have been closed. I assume the lease companies deal with the dealers who then deal with the factories.

The dealers have been closed since March and they are reopining from 1st June so I expect we will hear updates on build and delivery dates begin to trickle through over the next couple of weeks, but expect significant delays to the original dates you were given is my expectation.

Last edited by Kleev; 05-28-2020 at 06:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 06:15 AM   #83
Kleev
Private
Rep

Quote:

Annoying but not much I can do.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 07:54 AM   #84
Osxboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

My dealer has emailed me to tell me they can’t update me as they are waiting on BMW to confirm delivery slots, I’m hoping to swap to the 330e Touring now they are on the website. No confirmation if you can actually order the 330e Touring yet, once my dealer updates me I’ll post any information updates.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 09:49 AM   #85
Tidal
Rep
Drives: 330

Mine was ordered in late Feb (330e), I was told the build time was 20 weeks meaning delivery week 28 (1st week July). I was expecting a major delay due to covid but my dealer has told me that it will now be week 30 latest. Result!!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 10:33 AM   #86
Bmwnewbie2
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidal View Post
Mine was ordered in late Feb (330e), I was told the build time was 20 weeks meaning delivery week 28 (1st week July). I was expecting a major delay due to covid but my dealer has told me that it will now be week 30 latest. Result!!
My 330e ordered Nov 2019, due to be built end April. Now end June with delivery end July but have been advised it could slip further.....
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 11:15 AM   #87
Osxboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

@tidal mine was ordered 29th Jan so I would love to have mine week 30 but there’s so many mixed messages that I’m not going to expect mine anytime soon, if I switch to a Touring then Sept would be earliest I’m guessing. I have a pool car and am not travelling for work before September at the earliest so it’s all a bit 1st world problem really! I text drove a 330e in the first week of January which is why the wait feels long.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 02:27 PM   #88
Tidal
Rep
Drives: 330

Yeah Im a little sceptical of week 30 to be honest. But the dealer and ALD are giving me the same dates so Ill keep my fingers crossed! I wouldve gone for the touring if it was available in Feb so a little conflicted now!
Appreciate 0