Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Photos / Videos / Journals Happy ending - my new M340i

05-19-2020, 07:28 AM   #1
bmwboost1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i, 2019 330i, 2017 54

Happy ending - my new M340i

Finally got BMWUSA's help. After several months of dealing with back-to-back issues, I'm happy to announce that there was a happy ending.

It all started in January when I went in for a routine oil change. The dealership told me that there was a few recalls they were going to fix. Later that afternoon they called me and told me that 1 of the recalls required a full engine replacement, wtf?????

I was leery about it and pushed back but they advised that there was nothing we could do. I went ahead and patiently and politely cooperated but insisted that if there were problems I was going to need options.

Well week after week, problem after problem, leak after leak, I dealt with so many issues. They ranged from radiator leaks to vibrations and odd sounds. The worst ones rendered my engine useless by putting me into safe mode.

Long story short I fought it hard for 4 months and was about to write a letter to the Attorney General when they finally decided to do the right thing.

Say hello to my new Mineral Grey M340i... that's my white Msport 330i right next to it too.

CF spoiler and mirrors already swapped out w all gloss black trim pieces coming on Wednesday. More pix up soon.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
A6bullet336.00
Jason40322.00
Oreooo7.00
      05-19-2020, 08:33 AM   #2
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Good for you. I had a somewhat similar experience with my prior car -- a 330e. Constant problems. Finally I walked into the dealership with a copy of my letter to BMW and to the GM of the dealership announcing that I am invoking the lemon law. The service manager told me he agreed with me and asked me to give him an hour to try one more time to convince BMWNA.

Well...he did. BMW agreed to buy back my car. Once BMW agreed, the process was terrific. I couldn't find a replacement car I liked anywhere; there was one that was close in San Francisco but after a delay of a few days we were told that it was sold. So I got BMW to agree to let me keep my old car while I ordered a new one exactly as I wanted it.

The process was terrific and my replacement car (2018 530e) has been rock solid.

It seems like it is hard to move BMW on these matters but once it does move, it seems to do so quickly and fairly.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 08:58 AM   #3
jlapicki
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Good for you. I had a somewhat similar experience with my prior car -- a 330e. Constant problems. Finally I walked into the dealership with a copy of my letter to BMW and to the GM of the dealership announcing that I am invoking the lemon law. The service manager told me he agreed with me and asked me to give him an hour to try one more time to convince BMWNA.

Well...he did. BMW agreed to buy back my car. Once BMW agreed, the process was terrific. I couldn't find a replacement car I liked anywhere; there was one that was close in San Francisco but after a delay of a few days we were told that it was sold. So I got BMW to agree to let me keep my old car while I ordered a new one exactly as I wanted it.

The process was terrific and my replacement car (2018 530e) has been rock solid.

It seems like it is hard to move BMW on these matters but once it does move, it seems to do so quickly and fairly.
Didn't you guys have to sign a confidentiality agreement that says you can't discuss "buy backs"......
2017 M2 - Alpine White / Black - SOLD
2001 e39 M5 - Titanium / Caramel - A "Keeper"
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 09:45 AM   #4
bmwboost1
Enlisted Member
Rep

Glad to hear it worked out for you too. Love that BMW did the right thing... eventually. Lol
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 12:39 PM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 08:41 PM   #6
RR-NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlapicki View Post
Quote:

Didn't you guys have to sign a confidentiality agreement that says you can't discuss "buy backs"......
Why would you think there's a confidentiality clause in a buy back? They agree to repurchase it and you choose between getting a new car or the cash

Although I never had the experience with BMW, I did with my Range Rover. One letter to LRNA, they responded within the state law of 14 days and agreed to repurchase the car. I then had the paperwork done with 3 days of that. It was actually a smooth process
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 01:36 PM   #7
bmwboost1
Enlisted Member
Rep

More pix...

Just installed black grill, front trim, exhaust trim and license plate cover. Ready to roll...

For anyone that is thinking about these mods, check out www.bmwpartspro.com for deals and Kiesmotorsports has install videos on YouTube here...
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Wmzorba09325.50
Oreooo7.00
      06-12-2020, 01:44 PM   #8
jlapicki
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR-NYC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlapicki View Post
Quote:

Why would you think there's a confidentiality clause in a buy back? They agree to repurchase it and you choose between getting a new car or the cash

Although I never had the experience with BMW, I did with my Range Rover. One letter to LRNA, they responded within the state law of 14 days and agreed to repurchase the car. I then had the paperwork done with 3 days of that. It was actually a smooth process
BMW didn't want the buy back program to be common knowledge....I had to sign an NDA when they took back my 2008 M3 for a 2009....
2017 M2 - Alpine White / Black - SOLD
2001 e39 M5 - Titanium / Caramel - A "Keeper"
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 08:19 PM   #9
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Congrats! Glad you stuck with the brand after all of the challenges. The M340i is a phenomenal car. You wont be disappointed.

Nice pick up on the extended shadowline trim!
Appreciate 0