Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) BMW M-Performance Interior Trim

06-02-2023, 11:36 PM   #89
SnowBob
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshxdough View Post
You need to use ISTA and perform the LED light addressing test plan to properly teach in the LEDs.
I値l try to find someone who can perform. Now that I look closely, the modules are actually labeled differently. The gray one in the stock part is BMW 8P989143803 RGB 1 and in the M Performance trim it is BMW 8P989143805 RGB 2. The pink module is 8P989143905 RGB 2. So I guess it痴 just lucky that one works and not the other.

Thanks for sharing this with us! I値l report back if I manage to get it coded correctly.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2023, 03:57 PM   #90
SnowBob
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBob View Post
I値l try to find someone who can perform. Now that I look closely, the modules are actually labeled differently. The gray one in the stock part is BMW 8P989143803 RGB 1 and in the M Performance trim it is BMW 8P989143805 RGB 2. The pink module is 8P989143905 RGB 2. So I guess it痴 just lucky that one works and not the other.

Thanks for sharing this with us! I値l report back if I manage to get it coded correctly.
Came back to report that somehow the light issue corrected itself without any coding or further intervention. As soon as I plugged in my trim before reseating it into the dash, I immediately saw the same light variation issue as in the photos in this thread. I unplugged and plugged it back in as I was investigating replacing the LEDs from my stock trim but decided to get it coded instead as advised. So without any further changes, I installed my trim as it came and planned to get it recoded after. To my surprise, the light fade went away. I checked across all the colors and brightness setting and it perfectly matches without having to do anything. Perhaps the car can identify the LED type after reboot and adjust the voltages accordingly. Everything looks great now, I知 really happy with the upgrade. I値l link the video that I used. Only thing to point out is that the gap around the gear selection cluster is slightly larger than on the stock trim but this seems to be the case on all the units.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0