Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Suspension / Chassis / Brakes Adaptive M Suspension: worth it?

07-06-2022, 12:53 PM   #1
colas0919
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i xDrive

Hey everyone

I recently ordered a 2023 330i xDrive with the M Sport package after driving a shitbox for a while. I did not include the adaptive M suspension as I thought it would be a waste of money, but now I'm regretting that after reading up more on it.

I live in an area with pretty shit roads that have a fair amount of potholes. How stiff exactly would the ride be with the non adaptive M suspension (in comfort or sport mode vs the base sport line and adaptive suspension)? I understand that the non adaptive M suspension is the stiffest out of all the options, but in your experience does it still take bumps fairly well?

And I've also heard that you can purchase the adaptive suspension option on the ConnectedDrive store because apparently the hardware is already built in. Is that possible for me?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 01:53 PM   #2
B58-M340iX
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Garage List
There are a few threads on this topic, but the general consensus is to select it on your order. It's active all the time and enables adaptive driving mode as well. You benefit from it every time you drive the car.

Found a more recent one: https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1935633
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 02:48 PM   #3
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by colas0919 View Post
And I've also heard that you can purchase the adaptive suspension option on the ConnectedDrive store because apparently the hardware is already built in. Is that possible for me?
My understanding, you need a vehicle already fitted with adaptive damping, (has the hardware) to upgrade to adaptive M suspension.

This unlocks additional configuration functions, which you only get with the M suspension.

For example, users of the X3/iX3 with standard adaptive damping can buy and activate the Adaptive M suspension package.
Appreciate 0