Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions 330e owners... how do you like the car?

06-30-2023, 01:08 PM   #23
djmattbain.eth
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 330e xDrive

Garage List
2023 BMW 330e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rundeyvoo View Post
Hey all... for all you 330e owners (pre LCI / LCI) -- how do you like the car so far? Any issues? Pros / cons?

Debating on grabbing one for my SO and would like to get everyone's thoughts on the car.
A little more than a week into ownership and easily my favorite car I have owned! Love it so far, I posted a first week review in the Photos/Journals section
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 01:14 PM   #24
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 / X3 / 330e / 330i

This is all great feedback! Thank you all I shared all your responses with her and she's excited. How many of you optioned yours out with DAPP (or drivers assistance pro package)?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 02:45 PM   #25
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

Quote:
This is all great feedback! Thank you all I shared all your responses with her and she's excited. How many of you optioned yours out with DAPP (or drivers assistance pro package)?
I was not interested in that. My wife's '23 Grand Cherokee has a similar pkg, and we turn all those features off. They also went to only adaptive cruise control vs her '20 GC that had both regular and adaptive. I do not like adaptive cruise at all! Even on the nearest setting it leaves too much space between you and the vehicle in front of you allowing others to dart in which then causes it to slam on the brakes.

I use the regular cruise in my 330e every weekend on my 500 mi round trip. I can drive almost the entire drive simply hitting the cancel & resume buttons on the steering wheel.
Appreciate 1
rundeyvoo893.00
      06-30-2023, 04:02 PM   #26
jcl78
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 330e xDrive

Quote:
I have the DAPP and it is fantastic. It also coordinates with hybrid modes and takes advantage of the terrain along your route to maximize efficiency. For me it was well worth the cost, especially for road trips. I highly recommend it. I also went with the parking assist pro as well. The 360 view with sensors means you have a high situational awareness when parking, also highly worth it.
Appreciate 2
      07-01-2023, 12:18 PM   #27
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABCAT View Post
I was not interested in that. My wife's '23 Grand Cherokee has a similar pkg, and we turn all those features off. They also went to only adaptive cruise control vs her '20 GC that had both regular and adaptive. I do not like adaptive cruise at all! Even on the nearest setting it leaves too much space between you and the vehicle in front of you allowing others to dart in which then causes it to slam on the brakes.

I use the regular cruise in my 330e every weekend on my 500 mi round trip. I can drive almost the entire drive simply hitting the cancel & resume buttons on the steering wheel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcl78 View Post
I have the DAPP and it is fantastic. It also coordinates with hybrid modes and takes advantage of the terrain along your route to maximize efficiency. For me it was well worth the cost, especially for road trips. I highly recommend it. I also went with the parking assist pro as well. The 360 view with sensors means you have a high situational awareness when parking, also highly worth it.
I appreciate both your opinions, thank you. We keep going back and forth on whether or not to add it, the reasons JABCAT mentioned makes sense but you can't get the emergency brake or avoidance and dynamic cruise control without selecting DAPP. Which I've seen come standard on vehicles that are half the cost of the 330. Probably one of my gripes of BMW and for a car in this class, should come standard with it.

For those of you with DAPP, do any of you use the extended traffic jam assistant function? How do you like it?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2023, 12:59 PM   #28
mermar
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 330e xdrive

I am a bmw geek - and I am here to tell you that the 330e is overdelivering and may be the best buy in the BMW range (especially if you qualify for incentives). I thought about my real world use case long and hard before buying and it turns out I made the perfect decision for my needs. Most of my driving is local... such that I am going more than 1000 miles between fillups. THe silence of driving electric is just awesome .... suprising myself with this as I have owned a v8 m3 with the performance exhaust. But different cars for different stages in life. Also, for me, I like refinement, and I just couldnt get comfortable with the Tesla's lack of a gauge cluster and the lack of refinement. I have a level 2 charger in my garage - but I did just fine charging overnight on a regular 110v outlet.
Taking the 330e on roadtrips has yielded very good mpg - suprised there as I figured once the battery was depleted carrying the extra ballast of a depleted battery would impact mpg-- but it has been better then expected. All in all - I am genuinely shocked with how much you get for the $$ with a 330e minus the incentives. The one exception to that is mine did not come with $1700 Driving Assistance Pro - so the stuff my kids honda civic has, such as smart cruise control, etc is missing from the 330eix. I casually assumed the $750 Driving Asst package included honda civic level stuff - but not with BMW. So I am back to 'manual' cruise control after my 2016 x5 had the dynamic option.
rundeyvoo893.00
      07-11-2023, 11:34 PM   #29
jcl78
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 330e xDrive

Now after nearly a month of ownership, probably the best jack of many trades vehicle I have ever owned, easily. It handles beautifully, it is quick, it is extremely efficient (I have averaged a hand calculated 71.4 mpg so far) and charging at .08 per Kwh off peak I have spent $12.96 in electricity over 503 miles. That is pretty incredible to me, especially with how comfortable while still being sports focused it is.

The drivetrain tuning, the ZF 8 speed, everything is stellar in my opinion. Now put the skyscraper Gray paint on there with full shadow line and black 791M wheels with the M Sport Package, and it looks incredible as well to my eyes. I would order it the same way in a heartbeat time and time again.
Appreciate 1
rundeyvoo893.00
      07-12-2023, 12:14 AM   #30
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermar View Post
I am a bmw geek - and I am here to tell you that the 330e is overdelivering and may be the best buy in the BMW range (especially if you qualify for incentives). I thought about my real world use case long and hard before buying and it turns out I made the perfect decision for my needs. Most of my driving is local... such that I am going more than 1000 miles between fillups. THe silence of driving electric is just awesome .... suprising myself with this as I have owned a v8 m3 with the performance exhaust. But different cars for different stages in life. Also, for me, I like refinement, and I just couldnt get comfortable with the Tesla's lack of a gauge cluster and the lack of refinement. I have a level 2 charger in my garage - but I did just fine charging overnight on a regular 110v outlet.
Taking the 330e on roadtrips has yielded very good mpg - suprised there as I figured once the battery was depleted carrying the extra ballast of a depleted battery would impact mpg-- but it has been better then expected. All in all - I am genuinely shocked with how much you get for the $$ with a 330e minus the incentives. The one exception to that is mine did not come with $1700 Driving Assistance Pro - so the stuff my kids honda civic has, such as smart cruise control, etc is missing from the 330eix. I casually assumed the $750 Driving Asst package included honda civic level stuff - but not with BMW. So I am back to 'manual' cruise control after my 2016 x5 had the dynamic option.
I appreciate the writeup. So in this instance do you wish you opted for the Driving assistance pro package?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 12:16 AM   #31
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcl78 View Post
Now after nearly a month of ownership, probably the best jack of many trades vehicle I have ever owned, easily. It handles beautifully, it is quick, it is extremely efficient (I have averaged a hand calculated 71.4 mpg so far) and charging at .08 per Kwh off peak I have spent $12.96 in electricity over 503 miles. That is pretty incredible to me, especially with how comfortable while still being sports focused it is.

The drivetrain tuning, the ZF 8 speed, everything is stellar in my opinion. Now put the skyscraper Gray paint on there with full shadow line and black 791M wheels with the M Sport Package, and it looks incredible as well to my eyes. I would order it the same way in a heartbeat time and time again.
+1 on the skyscraper gray with shadowline and m-sport package. She's on the fence between the skyscraper gray, brooklyn gray, or mineral white... my vote is for the first two, but in the end it'll be her choice
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 07:29 AM   #32
mermar
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 330e xdrive

Quote:
I appreciate the writeup. So in this instance do you wish you opted for the Driving assistance pro package?
Yes - I wish I did have that package. In this case, I wish I could add that option via a software download (think heated seats fiasco). At $1700 tho, it is an embarrassment for BMW in my humble opinion. Like I said, the cheapest honda civic has all of the same stuff included.

Also, the most attractive soccer mom in our friend's group asked, "who's James Bond car is that out there" when she noticed the 330e parked outside. YMMV.
      07-12-2023, 01:54 PM   #33
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes - I wish I did have that package. In this case, I wish I could add that option via a software download (think heated seats fiasco). At $1700 tho, it is an embarrassment for BMW in my humble opinion. Like I said, the cheapest honda civic has all of the same stuff included.
I absolutely agree, one of my biggest gripes with BMW especially on a car in this price range is that DAPP doesn't come standard. My sisters Mazda CX-5 has it as a standard feature. Lol.

Quote:
Also, the most attractive soccer mom in our friend's group asked, "who's James Bond car is that out there" when she noticed the 330e parked outside. YMMV.
This is great. What color car do you have and how is it configured? M-Sport? Pics?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2023, 05:27 AM   #34
Robstokie1974
Private
Rep
Drives: 330e

Could you direct me to the post where you pack the trunk?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2023, 11:05 AM   #35
RTPenland
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Many BMWs

FYI I guess this would be a good place to share this, maybe this will help someone:

Wifey has a X545E and we are running the Mission Tuning (yes I'm a big fan) EV ranger extender on it - highly recommend we are seeing about 20-25% extension on our electric only range and no dealer flags

Friend has it on his 330E I'm not sure if it works on ID8 cars but I know for sure it works on ID7 and below.

At $500 ours has paid for itself many times over, easy load by PC and no dealer flags

ps: may be others out there now but Mission pioneered it back in 2020 and I immediately jumped on board so it's what I am familiar with
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2023, 10:09 PM   #36
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTPenland View Post
FYI I guess this would be a good place to share this, maybe this will help someone:

Wifey has a X545E and we are running the Mission Tuning (yes I'm a big fan) EV ranger extender on it - highly recommend we are seeing about 20-25% extension on our electric only range and no dealer flags

Friend has it on his 330E I'm not sure if it works on ID8 cars but I know for sure it works on ID7 and below.

At $500 ours has paid for itself many times over, easy load by PC and no dealer flags

ps: may be others out there now but Mission pioneered it back in 2020 and I immediately jumped on board so it's what I am familiar with
Interesting. Can you provide a link? How is set up and configuration of it? Does it require bimmercoding?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 07:02 AM   #37
gavinwong
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e M Sport

Garage List
2020 G20 330e  [9.50]
Quote:

No dealer flags now, but if you have a battery problem / claim / warranty etc then I’m guessing that’s when something may arise. My limited understanding is bmw purposely kept some capacity in the background to prolong the life of the battery, and reduce battery degradation. Guess we won’t truly know until a bit longer down the road…probably affecting the next owner more than anything.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 09:43 AM   #38
RTPenland
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Many BMWs

Quote:
Interesting. Can you provide a link? How is set up and configuration of it? Does it require bimmercoding?
https://missiontuning.com/
(833) 467-8863
Recently moved operations to Texas (used to be in California)
I did not have to do any additional coding
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 10:27 AM   #39
my5401
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

I took delivery of a 330e iDrive 4 weeks ago.
Everything is great.
I'm surprise by how charging is scheduled. In order to set a charging to "time slot" you have also set a departure time (at least as far as I can tell).
I would have thought there was a mode similar to "Immediate" in that it would start charging at a certain time and finish when the battery was at 100% or I decided to drive away.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2023, 09:56 AM   #40
JABCAT
Professor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robstokie1974 View Post
Could you direct me to the post where you pack the trunk?
Here's some pics: 3 carry-on suitcases, 3 backpacks/computer bags, my wife's large "throw all the miscellaneous crap inside bag" (leopard bag), my son's taekwondo gear bag (full) & his swim gear bag. The charger is also packed in the driver's side cubby, and under the floor there is jumper cables, a sun shade & detailing supplies. There is plenty of room in the 330e trunk.
Attached Images

His: '23 M2, Toronto Red Metallic, M highlight interior, carbon fiber interior trim, shadowline, lighting pkg, auto cruise, live cockpit pro.

Last edited by JABCAT; 07-18-2023 at 10:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2023, 02:25 PM   #41
BimmerGirlNYC
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW 330e

Reading through this thread has me even more excited now for my 330e. September can't come fast enough!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2023, 02:32 AM   #42
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
https://missiontuning.com/
(833) 467-8863
Recently moved operations to Texas (used to be in California)
I did not have to do any additional coding
Awesome, thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2023, 02:35 AM   #43
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABCAT View Post
Here's some pics: 3 carry-on suitcases, 3 backpacks/computer bags, my wife's large "throw all the miscellaneous crap inside bag" (leopard bag), my son's taekwondo gear bag (full) & his swim gear bag. The charger is also packed in the driver's side cubby, and under the floor there is jumper cables, a sun shade & detailing supplies. There is plenty of room in the 330e trunk.
Nice I guess it's just a matter of properly you can "Tetris" your luggage around I was worried about the limited trunk space but you clearly know how to pack!! Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2023, 04:05 PM   #44
JABCAT
Professor
Rep

Quote:
Nice I guess it's just a matter of properly you can "Tetris" your luggage around I was worried about the limited trunk space but you clearly know how to pack!! Thanks for sharing!
And if you need more room the seats fold down. *the release handles are in the trunk which I find very odd.
Appreciate 0