Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Audio volume issue

12-12-2023, 11:04 PM   #1
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

Audio volume issue

Hello folks,

After many months waiting I finally traded the M2C and picked up the M340.

I’m having a couple of issues which are quite frustrating.

The stereo volume changes randomly and I don’t now how to fix it. I assume it has something to do with the speed volume but I can’t find where/if I can turn it off. I’ve found where you can set it to low but not off. Any clues?

The second thing is the stereo turns on if I open the door. Can this be disabled?

The other thing is where do I change the start up animation?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2023, 01:29 PM   #2
G22b58
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G22

Sounds like you have an LCI. (Many reports on irritating audio design choices on those.) Maybe you can confirm your suspicion on speed compensation if it gets worse when you set the speed compensation on High?

I assume the volume change without showing the volume bar on the display?
There are (in iDrive 7) settings for limiting the music volume when other sources "have something to say". Could it be that the computer thinks another source wants to activate? Maybe toggling through those choices can give clues.

(I have my M440 iDrive 7 with HK set on High which works for me.)
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2023, 02:56 PM   #3
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G22b58 View Post
Sounds like you have an LCI. (Many reports on irritating audio design choices on those.) Maybe you can confirm your suspicion on speed compensation if it gets worse when you set the speed compensation on High?

I assume the volume change without showing the volume bar on the display?
There are (in iDrive 7) settings for limiting the music volume when other sources "have something to say". Could it be that the computer thinks another source wants to activate? Maybe toggling through those choices can give clues.

(I have my M440 iDrive 7 with HK set on High which works for me.)
Thanks mate, yes I have a LCI which is now a week old.

I’ve coded out the volume bar. I checked the other sources thing before posting so I knew it wasn’t that.

There is a setting called “surround sound experience” or something like that which was on the highest level. I have put that toward the middle and it seems to have fixed it?

Do you happen to know how I stop the idrive booting up when I just open the door?

Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2023, 03:45 PM   #4
Darryl79
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFW003 View Post
Thanks mate, yes I have a LCI which is now a week old.

Do you happen to know how I stop the idrive booting up when I just open the door?

Thanks again
Why exactly would you want to do this? This factory programming assumes the driver is ready to drive. Do you not intend to drive the car each time when you get in?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2023, 01:43 AM   #5
G22b58
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G22

I have iDrive 7, that resumes playing music when I start the car. To me, a much better design choice. Reports on the LCI says it resumes when just opening the trunk also (only G21 maybe). I'm convinced that is not what most users want.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2023, 03:15 AM   #6
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl79 View Post
Do you not intend to drive the car each time when you get in?
Opening a door or the boot doesn’t necessarily mean I am going to drive the car.

Let’s say I inadvertently leave my mobile phone in the car and I go to get it. Why the devil does the car need to boot up just because I open the door?
Appreciate 0