Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Mission Performance Stage 2 with CG Precision Catted Downpipe, Dyno Results

04-05-2021, 11:06 PM   #67
oreoOozZz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BGM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
General update from my visit cliff notes for anyone only interested in 21 unlock....it's still a real challenge

If you are interested in other things MP related or more detail from my visit...read on:
  • 2021 DME unlock Alex:
  • "it's really really locked Chris"
  • "I have a couple angles I'm going to go after so we'll see "
  • M Coupe with M5 V8 and GMC supercharger is coming along (see pics I think this is gonna be a first)
  • Always love seeing the E30 M3 at the shop (why oh why did I sell mine back in 91 in my early 20's)
  • Guy there that was getting his M340 flashed when we arrived- said dealer after removal flagged his piggyback (I will not mention brand because it doesn't matter) so why not flash he said (shared screen shots with me of the flag etc)...so I guess piggybacks now join flash in terms of being detectable pro actively - I've posted about this before but now seems BMW has taken care of things as of 1/21 from what I was told - so piggyback or flash removed or not you will be found out - so go with a good piggy or flash folks so it doesn't create drivetrain issue for you
  • MP is about to launch a new tuning app platform (IOS) that is going to bring some firsts to the marketplace - bringing together tuning (engine, trans, 2wd/4wd switching, hybrid extender etc...) coding and some other things that I don't understand (HA) that have been to date disparate onto one platform delivered via wireless or wired OBD - this should be fun to watch
  • Main reason for the visit that I tagged along for and sat in the passenger seat was the fitting of a DP to my Sons 2016 328 - and a big A+ to active autowerkes for a really quality part and thanks to MP for the install - nice that you are still willing to get out from behind the coding keyboard and get your hands dirty
  • New website coming
  • New logo coming

Anyhoo hope this helps...
Hey Chenry, I also have an E40 map from Alex on my M340 coupled with an active autowerkes catted high flow downpipe, ngk plugs and a bms intake. Car feels really good and is healthy. Alex does great work. Do you know if her released the new iOS tuning app yet? Do you know if it'll be available for android as well?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 04:29 PM   #68
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreoOozZz View Post
Hey Chenry, I also have an E40 map from Alex on my M340 coupled with an active autowerkes catted high flow downpipe, ngk plugs and a bms intake. Car feels really good and is healthy. Alex does great work. Do you know if her released the new iOS tuning app yet? Do you know if it'll be available for android as well?
Hello
Last time I was at the shop Alex did show me a beta version of the app in action - impressive to say the least. So it would seem he is getting close

That said I believe it is going to be IOS only for now.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 05:20 PM   #69
iiSonnyii
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
Hello
Last time I was at the shop Alex did show me a beta version of the app in action - impressive to say the least. So it would seem he is getting close

That said I believe it is going to be IOS only for now.
Any updates to the unlock? I am ready to make the drive
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 07:39 AM   #70
Vmaxx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiSonnyii View Post
Any updates to the unlock? I am ready to make the drive
It’s not going to be anytime soon. Plus I would recommend going straight to the source and call Alex to get the latest.
Appreciate 0