Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions M340I Driving Assistance Package

01-09-2020, 11:19 AM   #1
cnichols138
X3M Comp is a beast
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3M Comp

M340I Driving Assistance Package

Wondering if anyone else is having the same issue I am having with my M340I. In My old jeep or my Wifes Acadia the car warns me when something is coming that could potentially back into. Normally backing out of a parking spot. The M340I is supposed to have cross-Traffic Alert rear but it never alerts me either on the screen or with an audible alert even though it says it does. I even have it checked. I tested with my kid to see how close he had to get for it to even remotely warn on the screen and it was inches. Inches is no time to react at all. Seems like something could be wrong. I always look but sometime people fly in parking lots and you just don't see them. Knowing they are coming would be nice.

DRIVING ASSISTANCE PACKAGE Active Driving Assistant, Daytime Pedestrian Protection, Frontal Collision Warning w/City Collision Mitigation and Cross-Traffic Alert Rear, For vehicles equipped w/navigation, Speed Limit Info is additionally included, Active Blind Spot Detection, Lane Departure Warning,
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 11:26 AM   #2
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

I have it on my 530e. When I back out of my garage I have my view blocked on the passenger side by a block fence of my neighbor and on the driver side by a large hedge. I hear alerts regularly as traffic drives down the street.

Your test with your kid doesn't work because you obviously were driving 1 mile an hour for the test. So the computer won't see much of a threat.

But if you are not getting any alerts even when you see cross traffic, you either have a problem or you turned it off (I don't know if that feature can be turned off). Take it in for warranty repair.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 02:11 PM   #3
chazbarrington
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Mine triggered on Tuesday for the first time as I was backing out of a driveway onto a busy street with traffic present going 35mph+. The alert tone was more urgent than the low speed parking sensor alert.

The parking sensors always warn me of stationary items or moving vehicles when backing out of a parking spot. Perhaps the cross-traffic warning threshold requires fairly high speed.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 06:57 PM   #4
cnichols138
X3M Comp is a beast
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3M Comp

Yeah mine has never activated. I get the workings going in and out of the garage and pulling in parking lots but never backing our of parking space with cars coming. Actually almost hit a car because of it. just did not see them and almost hit them. Worried this car is not as sensitive as american cars.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 07:38 PM   #5
Andy3661
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 3 Series 320D XDRIVE M

Garage List
Mine works all the time for both front and rear camera but have to put them on panoramic view and they flash red at the side with audible alert.
BMW 320D XDRIVE Mineral White, M-Sport Plus Pack, Tech Pack, Premium Pack, Visibility Pack, Comfort Pack, Live Cockpit Professional, Connected Package Professional, Driving Assistant Professional & Parking Assistant Plus
Appreciate 0