Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Wrongful Police Shooting caused by Loud Burbles

02-10-2024, 11:55 AM   #23
shawnhayes
Major
Rep
Drives: 22M5 CS,23X5E,24M3 CS,24 i4

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
Agreed man, but there are many things that officers can "get away" with at the end of the day in guise of officer safety. they can literally do anything and say, "i thought I was in danger so i did xyz" we obviously have to give away some liberties to have police...again thats why the sides matter.

I totally agree with you 100%, but this is how it is.
I don't think we give away liberties to have police. Policing can be done with respect, kindness, and not violating the liberties of normal people. When police think they can "get away" with things, this is what happens...

This is a benign example. BUT, could have ended badly. This moron put BOTH of them BETWEEN his cruiser and the pulled over car. That's the area tow truck drivers call "the kill zone" because it's where you die if someone driving toward you loses control. And WHY? Because he got butthurt that someone laughed at him for his ridiculous arrest over first amendment rights. REALLY? And a terrible misunderstanding of what "flashing lights" law mean.

This is shitty training of an ego weak public servant. And, frankly, it put BOTH him and the arrested driver at risk.

So, no, I refuse to allow the idea to sink into my brain that "super citizens" with unlimited power can be allowed to walk amongst us and any tiny thing that they can claim "it's coming right at me" South Park Bullshit allows them to empty a clip at an unarmed citizen. It's unamerican, unkind, illegal, and pisses people off. It's ONE of the reasons that Americans want to stay armed. Because they want to be able to repel the small army of poorly trained militia that's been built up and thinks they can do anything to anybody with no repercussions.

Shawn
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60062.00
bri10425937.00
      02-10-2024, 12:06 PM   #24
smokinjoe64
Naval Aviator
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 e92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_G77 View Post
Speed holes

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 11:16 PM   #25
Belair62
Rep
Drives: BMW E89 Titanium /Coral 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
I will say this as you all know my stance above.

The gunshot tunes are so freaking annoying and scare the fuck out of me on the highway. Like I have to sit there and cringe and wait for you to let off the throttle.

Maybe you deserve to be shot, not for brandishing a weapon, but having such a poor taste in car mods
I will never u deratand why anyone would want this rune. They seem to love riding around and constantly letting off gunshot sounds. First time I heard one I couldnt believe it. I got pulled over for a loud muffler and ticketed in 1970. These fools face no consequence. Except this guy I guess. Pew pew.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 06:26 PM   #26
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Why was he going 100mph through a construction zone? Low IQ activities? And how on earth does a properly-running 3-series backfire like that?
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2024, 10:10 PM   #27
LouK
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ram TRX F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhayes View Post
SOMEWHERE along the line, the police got the idea that they have the most dangerous job in the world. They don't. Even in the USA, they're not even on the top ten list.

THE only shooting that's ever happened in my neighborhood was the cops shooting a guy in his own house, unarmed. His crime? Leaving the front door open at 2'oclock AM.

I hate the loud tunes too. I hate worse, that statistically, a traffic stop is more dangerous for the driver than the police. They kill more people at traffic stops than police are killed per year. When we get to defending police for shooting an unarmed man in the back while he is running away, we've crossed a line from which there is no return.

Shawn
To be fair the Military doesn't even make the list for most dangerous job. Majority of the jobs listed (if not all) have inherent accident risk, not willful intent.

Curious on the stats your listing for police killing more in a traffic stop than police are killed per year. Are these unjustified shootings or one where bad guy pulls out gun and gets shot/ meaning are you lumping all officer involved shooting into one category no matter what?

What actual stats provide the info you stated? I found an article that quoted what you said about "traffic stop more dangerous for the driver than police" but it provided no actual information other than the statement.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 10:39 PM   #28
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prices. What’s a bimma driver need charity for?
The police are the stupid ones here. Like what is this comment. More people not keeping our police accountable. Seriously No wonder police sucks so bad.

And in the great country of the USA apparently you need to pay your own medical bills even if police F you up wrongfully. So clearly he's asking for help with that. Having a 10 year old BMW doesn't make you a rich person, crazy I know.

Last edited by TheMidnightNarwhal; 02-12-2024 at 09:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 10:40 PM   #29
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by g21 View Post
it's not a loud burble. it's a backfire.

a good backfire in the exhaust sounds no different from a gunshot.

what was the officer supposed to do? investigate the gunshot sound?
If you're an officer and hear a gunshot but no signs of being shot at you should not have a firearm. You are an incompetent stupid dangerous police officer. Period. How anyone can not realise this absolutely boggles my mind. Are your standards that low?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 10:53 PM   #30
OtoPA
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22 F150, 23 M4, JD3038E

I suspect the officer could use a bit more range time.
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2024, 09:27 AM   #31
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtoPA View Post
I suspect the officer could use a bit more range time.
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2024, 03:38 AM   #32
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2024, 05:35 AM   #33
shawnhayes
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouK View Post
To be fair the Military doesn't even make the list for most dangerous job. Majority of the jobs listed (if not all) have inherent accident risk, not willful intent.

Curious on the stats your listing for police killing more in a traffic stop than police are killed per year. Are these unjustified shootings or one where bad guy pulls out gun and gets shot/ meaning are you lumping all officer involved shooting into one category no matter what?

What actual stats provide the info you stated? I found an article that quoted what you said about "traffic stop more dangerous for the driver than police" but it provided no actual information other than the statement.
Usdol is the “most dangerous job” statistic. #of occupation dead per year/ # of people in occupation. Farmers are usually number one. Alaskan boat crabbers are usually #2 or #3

As far as traffic stops, that comes from the police union themselves. If number of people killed at traffic stops per year > number of police officers killed per year at traffic stops, then those being stopped are statistically more at risk. Forget figuring out justified vs. unjustified. If you ask the police, they are ALL justified. But we know they’re not. Best quotes at police stops of the last ten years “I hope they stomp his ass”, and “20 years ago you’d be dead” - second quote was to unarmed guy with a camera at a library. Terrible crime? Filming.

These are demonstrable facts, if the sources are to be trusted. The “I point my gun and shoot at anything that scares me” culture is societal suicide. Police that don’t know the law, or don’t care, are making things worse. Takes less than 30 seconds to find some video of some ham handed police breaking the arm of some little old demented lady and then high fiving “great takedown” later while she’s screaming in a cell with a broken arm. Makes you wonder how much stuff happened before video.

This here could have ended in tragedy. If anyone wants to argue that driver should die over stupid tune, pretty sure I don’t wanna know you.

Shawn
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2024, 05:52 AM   #34
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Total overreaction by skittish armed cops, lucky the driver wasn't killed by the barrage of bullets, now sue the c rap out of the trigger happy plods.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2024, 05:58 AM   #35
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Usdol is the “most dangerous job” statistic. #of occupation dead per year/ # of people in occupation. Farmers are usually number one. Alaskan boat crabbers are usually #2 or #3

As far as traffic stops, that comes from the police union themselves. If number of people killed at traffic stops per year > number of police officers killed per year at traffic stops, then those being stopped are statistically more at risk. Forget figuring out justified vs. unjustified. If you ask the police, they are ALL justified. But we know they’re not. Best quotes at police stops of the last ten years “I hope they stomp his ass”, and “20 years ago you’d be dead” - second quote was to unarmed guy with a camera at a library. Terrible crime? Filming.

These are demonstrable facts, if the sources are to be trusted. The “I point my gun and shoot at anything that scares me” culture is societal suicide. Police that don’t know the law, or don’t care, are making things worse. Takes less than 30 seconds to find some video of some ham handed police breaking the arm of some little old demented lady and then high fiving “great takedown” later while she’s screaming in a cell with a broken arm. Makes you wonder how much stuff happened before video.

This here could have ended in tragedy. If anyone wants to argue that driver should die over stupid tune, pretty sure I don’t wanna know you.

Shawn
So you’d be ok with this statistic if the number of police killed were the higher of the two? Based on the number of police + occupants killed during traffic stops just shows how dangerous traffic stops are.
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2024, 06:07 AM   #36
shawnhayes
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
So you’d be ok with this statistic if the number of police killed were the higher of the two? Based on the number of police + occupants killed during traffic stops just shows how dangerous traffic stops are.
I’m okay with neither. But if a misappreciation of reality (I have the most dangerous job in the world) creates makes it WORSE, then we need to re-educate and retrain. If you saw the video of what I posted above where a totally unjustified stop put TWO people at risk between two vehicles (over warning other drivers of a speed trap) then you understand that people are making things worse.

We just passed a law in Virginia keeping police from stopping cars due to minor things. (Light out, etc.). The statistics to do so came from the police themselves. They were unable to show that the stops were productive in any other way then generating revenue.

It’s THIS CULTURE right here that makes traffic stops dangerous. Fire ten shots from exhaust backfire. Really.

Shawn
Appreciate 2
      02-13-2024, 06:10 AM   #37
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
I don't think we give away liberties to have police. Policing can be done with respect, kindness, and not violating the liberties of normal people. When police think they can "get away" with things, this is what happens...

This is a benign example. BUT, could have ended badly. This moron put BOTH of them BETWEEN his cruiser and the pulled over car. That's the area tow truck drivers call "the kill zone" because it's where you die if someone driving toward you loses control. And WHY? Because he got butthurt that someone laughed at him for his ridiculous arrest over first amendment rights. REALLY? And a terrible misunderstanding of what "flashing lights" law mean.

This is shitty training of an ego weak public servant. And, frankly, it put BOTH him and the arrested driver at risk.

So, no, I refuse to allow the idea to sink into my brain that "super citizens" with unlimited power can be allowed to walk amongst us and any tiny thing that they can claim "it's coming right at me" South Park Bullshit allows them to empty a clip at an unarmed citizen. It's unamerican, unkind, illegal, and pisses people off. It's ONE of the reasons that Americans want to stay armed. Because they want to be able to repel the small army of poorly trained militia that's been built up and thinks they can do anything to anybody with no repercussions.

Shawn
Out in the middle of nowhere something took over the cop who started making up his own laws, I mean being told you can get six months in jail for flashing headlights at others is totally laughable in my book.
Appreciate 1
shawnhayes1834.00
      02-13-2024, 06:23 AM   #38
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G81 M3 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
What’s a bimma driver need charity for?
Seems like any uninsured fool or person having a bad day has a GoFundMe page these days.
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2024, 06:40 AM   #39
LouK
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I’m okay with neither. But if a misappreciation of reality (I have the most dangerous job in the world) creates makes it WORSE, then we need to re-educate and retrain. If you saw the video of what I posted above where a totally unjustified stop put TWO people at risk between two vehicles (over warning other drivers of a speed trap) then you understand that people are making things worse.

We just passed a law in Virginia keeping police from stopping cars due to minor things. (Light out, etc.). The statistics to do so came from the police themselves. They were unable to show that the stops were productive in any other way then generating revenue.

It’s THIS CULTURE right here that makes traffic stops dangerous. Fire ten shots from exhaust backfire. Really.

Shawn
Quote:

Shawn
As in any profession there are those who should not be in it. This is not specific to law enforcement. Health care workers, judges, lawyers, elected officials, all have bad apples in them.
I know this will not change your view and the video is a bit dated but it gives you a glimpse of how small the number of police incidents are.
If you can show me any job or profession where 100% of the people working in it are doing the right thing all the time I will tell you hell has froze over because it’s just not possible.
I do not believe any person in a profession should hold that position if they abuse there power, but the number of individuals doing so in law enforcement is much lower than what people say.
This is exacerbated by social media and the now now constant information.

https://youtu.be/nRd5oucG114?si=Ynim4CAN16RppQux
Appreciate 1
shawnhayes1834.00
      02-13-2024, 10:21 AM   #40
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouK View Post
As in any profession there are those who should not be in it. This is not specific to law enforcement. Health care workers, judges, lawyers, elected officials, all have bad apples in them.
I know this will not change your view and the video is a bit dated but it gives you a glimpse of how small the number of police incidents are.
If you can show me any job or profession where 100% of the people working in it are doing the right thing all the time I will tell you hell has froze over because it’s just not possible.
I do not believe any person in a profession should hold that position if they abuse there power, but the number of individuals doing so in law enforcement is much lower than what people say.
This is exacerbated by social media and the now now constant information.

https://youtu.be/nRd5oucG114?si=Ynim4CAN16RppQux
I agree with you, its always the bad cops that make all of them look like shit, but the corruption runs deep, and good cops have to turn the other way or become evil. Look at all the bad interactions not once does another cop stop the sitution, its a culture problem.

The biggest problem here is that abuse of their power doesn't lead to money being stolen or what have you, police have the power to kill you and jail you. None of the professions above can do that.

Cop pulls you over, hmm eyes look a little dilated, speech slow, nervous...under the influence of drugs. detained LEGALLY, arrested, charges dropped. rinse repeat. again bad apples, but look at the power they have LEGALLY

edit: this conversation goes soooo deep, again why I posted above to have police you have to forgo some freedoms and liberties or they could not function. However the american policing system and the publics use/trust of said system is totally fractured. you have people saying ban guns and the police will keep us safe? you have people saying defund the police and ban guns. you have people pro guns, defund the police. again we can go on and on. Contempt of cop usually lands you in cuffs legally.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2024, 10:37 AM   #41
LouK
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=G35POPPEDMYCHERRY;30899993]
The biggest problem here is that abuse of their power doesn't lead to money being stolen or what have you, police have the power to kill you and jail you. None of the professions above can do that.

Respectfully disagree, there are several documentaries out that go into detail how the DR either completely disabled/killed his patients (DR Death) or another where he would kill them for his own pleasure.(Harold Shipman is most notable)
Healthcare workers absolutely have the power to take a life, wether that be through negligence or intent. I do not believe all healthcare workers are inherently evil at all.
Unfortunately these are not isolated events as can be seen in senior care instances.
Again this does not mean all DR’s or healthcare workers are bad, it just shows that it does effect all professions.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2024, 11:35 AM   #42
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
I reckon that puerto rican flag didnt help. Next time have an American flag hanging. Mexican flag is the deadliest.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2024, 11:38 AM   #43
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Out in the middle of nowhere something took over the cop who started making up his own laws, I mean being told you can get six months in jail for flashing headlights at others is totally laughable in my book.
I think most of us would have laughed. This isn't russia. Stupid small minded cop.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2024, 12:09 PM   #44
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Now that i think about it, having a loud burble in a BMW is kind of grounds for a shooting tbf.
Appreciate 1